Selling DVC

Jerry5788

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know the best place to sell their DVC membership if they don't want to pay broker fees?

Has anyone bought/sold on ebay? Or is there another type of website where you can list?

Last edited:
I would stay away from eBay as to me it seems to be too big of a sale to deal on that site. Not sure where to go if you don't want to pay broker fees!

Great question.....IMO you will put much more money in your pocket when you use a broker that specializes in DVC resales versus selling your property on your own. A broker will be able to assist with pricing, ROFR, financing recommendations etc etc. Buyers are also generally more comfortable purchasing through a broker.

Hope this helps!

I would stay away from eBay as to me it seems to be too big of a sale to deal on that site. Not sure where to go if you don't want to pay broker fees!

I guess that would be true if I were buying but I am selling and would go through one of the big closing companies.

Great question.....IMO you will put much more money in your pocket when you use a broker that specializes in DVC resales versus selling your property on your own. A broker will be able to assist with pricing, ROFR, financing recommendations etc etc. Buyers are also generally more comfortable purchasing through a broker.

Hope this helps!

Yeah not as concerned about putting money in my pocket. Another contract that is a better size, UY, and resort came was just looking to get close to cost. Any profit will mostly be eaten up with taxes if there is any - so rather pass along any savings to an end user

That’s for the advice though will reach out if I decide to take that route

Does anyone know the best place to sell their DVC membership if they don't want to pay broker fees?

Has anyone bought/sold on ebay? Or is there another type of website where you can list?
*******************.com

My guess is that if selling without a broker you'd have to keep the price down a bit because people would trust the sale a bit less and because you'd have less advertising. Most of the savings on broker fees would probably be eaten by a lower sell price.
I would use a reputable broker if I ever decided to sell.

My guess is that if selling without a broker you'd have to keep the price down a bit because people would trust the sale a bit less and because you'd have less advertising. Most of the savings on broker fees would probably be eaten by a lower sell price.

I agree. Buyers don't seem to trust EBAY vs buying through a broker which leads to lower prices for sellers.

Yeah but that’s fine because someone else gets the savings on their purchase

Yeah but that’s fine because someone else gets the savings on their purchase
Except the lower sale price would potentially increase the risk of ROFL. It would still be in the buyers best interest to make a fair offer at market value. And, in that case, there’s no benefit to the buyer to skip the broker, and it adds a lot of risk on their side.

I've seen several people state that not using a broker increases the buyer's risk. I'm not certain I'm following that logic. Now, I certainly wouldn't want to make a purchase (or sale) without using a *title company* - that's who would hold the escrow, get the estoppel letters, handle the ROFR, record the new deed, and pay the seller. The broker's function is primarily to match up buyers and sellers, although some also have their own title services and bundle title service costs into the total. But paying $1,000 just to connect a buyer and seller seems so 1980's. Am I missing something?

I've seen several people state that not using a broker increases the buyer's risk. I'm not certain I'm following that logic. Now, I certainly wouldn't want to make a purchase (or sale) without using a *title company* - that's who would hold the escrow, get the estoppel letters, handle the ROFR, record the new deed, and pay the seller. The broker's function is primarily to match up buyers and sellers, although some also have their own title services and bundle title service costs into the total. But paying $1,000 just to connect a buyer and seller seems so 1980's. Am I missing something?

Yes agreed - I think people mean to say the perceived risk of buying which leads to people being wary and not buying which suppresses the value as less bidders. From a risk perspective should be none because you would be using the big well known title companies used in most DVC resales.

The broker also ensures that the contract is as advertised. You don’t want to get 60 days in and discover that the point count is off or you can’t close as soon because of an existing reservation.

The broker also ensures that the contract is as advertised. You don’t want to get 60 days in and discover that the point count is off or you can’t close as soon because of an existing reservation.

I mean they only check that at the time of listing no? Anytime after the seller can do the same thing and you won't find out until during ROFR/estoppel process.

I mean they only check that at the time of listing no? Anytime after the seller can do the same thing and you won't find out until during ROFR/estoppel process.
You’re assuming that a buyer who is trying to save ~4% off the purchase price is smart enough to get some sort of proof. For that matter, you have to worry about someone scamming you entirely. Do you know where you should send the deposit and who should receive it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter