Selling DVC

You’re assuming that a buyer who is trying to save ~4% off the purchase price is smart enough to get some sort of proof. For that matter, you have to worry about someone scamming you entirely. Do you know where you should send the deposit and who should receive it?

I am sure there are educated resale buyers out there...the savy ones who are smart enough. Anyways I still have time to decide and like to explore ideas before ruling them out.

You’re assuming that a buyer who is trying to save ~4% off the purchase price is smart enough to get some sort of proof. For that matter, you have to worry about someone scamming you entirely. Do you know where you should send the deposit and who should receive it?

All funds in a sale should be deposited directly into the closing company's escrow account. Not to the seller or broker. That should be common knowledge for most people who can afford a discretionary purchase like DVC.

Does anyone know the best place to sell their DVC membership if they don't want to pay broker fees?

Has anyone bought/sold on ebay? Or is there another type of website where you can list?
TUG, redweeks, craigslist, ebay and a couple similar to DIS all come to mind. Depending on what it is, you could end up with more in your pocket, a lot more for some options that are more difficult to find. Let's say you sell for 5% less and are able to use a discounted closing company. You could end up with 4-5% extra in your pocket but maybe more for the more in demand options. Seller saves a few dollars and/or finds something they might not be able to otherwise. But it will limit your pool of buyers and creates work and hassles. It's not like you'll have much for taxes as long as you're in the US. You could always give it a try. Also, some brokers will list it non exclusively so if you sell it on your own, you wouldn't owe the commission but you'd have both options.

Is eBays fee structure similar to their auctions? Or is it more of a classified feature? It the fees are the same as auctions, you would end up losing more as they charge you 10% plus any PayPal fees. The non exclusive feature of some brokers is really nice. I recently had a listing for the same contract with 3 separate brokers. I decided to keep it another year and pulled it off all three site without any issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter