Selling Registration for Marathon - DVC

mousemaster

Earning My Ears
Is it possible to sell early registration for the RunDisney events through DVC accounts? I spoke to a DVC member who said he’s been registering runners through his DVC account during the early registration window. He said he registers them as a “friend” and charges $150 per runner (on top of the cost of the event). He solicits runners through social media posts. This seems unfair especially since all of the events appear sold-out for next year’s races.

I guess it's possible, but the people that should be the most upset in this scenario would be other DVC members looking to register in the early block, since that would appear to be the pool of registrations this would be cutting into.

If true, we were locked out of early registration this year because of this. >:(
(and subsequently locked out of normal registration because we weren’t quick enough on the keyboard during a year that clearly has fewer registrants allowed.)

Is it possible to sell early registration for the RunDisney events through DVC accounts? I spoke to a DVC member who said he’s been registering runners through his DVC account during the early registration window. He said he registers them as a “friend” and charges $150 per runner (on top of the cost of the event). He solicits runners through social media posts. This seems unfair especially since all of the events appear sold-out for next year’s races.

Do you know if this individual has any available registrations?

I'm can only hope you are being sarcastic on your first ever post. If so, then welcome to the Boards!!! If not........

If not what? Please continue your thoughts. Unless it was a threat. I would hate for my first post to be received with a threat. That would not be a very welcome gesture. I am just curious if the individual still has registrations.

If not what? Please continue your thoughts. Unless it was a threat. I would hate for my first post to be received with a threat. That would not be a very welcome gesture. I am just curious if the individual still has registrations.

The individual selling access to early registration through his DVC account is doing so in direct contravention of RunDisney rules and, if found out, all those registrations are subject to being cancelled. I think @Kerry1957 was hoping that you were not seriously supporting that behavior through pursuing an illicit bib via this forum.

The individual selling access to early registration through his DVC account is doing so in direct contravention of RunDisney rules and, if found out, all those registrations are subject to being cancelled. I think @Kerry1957 was hoping that you were not seriously supporting that behavior through pursuing an illicit bib via this forum.

There just seems to be a lot of assumption in all of this. It was rather hurtful to only be welcomed to the DISboards if my question was sarcastic. I see a lot of bullying by established members in many of these threads. That is why I always just watch and have never made a post or asked a question. I guess I was always fearful that I might be on the business end of a hateful comment. It is unfortunate my fear became reality.

In regards to my post, I never implied I was supporting the behaviour and if asked, I would state that I think that the behaviour is disgusting. I’ve been held out of my fair share of runDisney races by people falsifying their projected finish times. Someone buying early registrations and selling them only adds to my frustrations. Luckily, I was able to get the marathon but I feel badly for those who didn’t because of the selfish behaviours of others.

There just seems to be a lot of assumption in all of this. It was rather hurtful to only be welcomed to the DISboards if my question was sarcastic. I see a lot of bullying by established members in many of these threads. That is why I always just watch and have never made a post or asked a question. I guess I was always fearful that I might be on the business end of a hateful comment. It is unfortunate my fear became reality.

In regards to my post, I never implied I was supporting the behaviour and if asked, I would state that I think that the behaviour is disgusting. I’ve been held out of my fair share of runDisney races by people falsifying their projected finish times. Someone buying early registrations and selling them only adds to my frustrations. Luckily, I was able to get the marathon but I feel badly for those who didn’t because of the selfish behaviours of others.

I would suggest if you think being asked if a question is sarcastic is “hateful” or “bullying”, your definitions of those terms might need to be reevaluated. You came into a thread about an individual basically scalping race bibs illegally (in contravention of RunDisney’s rules, at least) and asked only if that individual had any registrations available. There’s really not any other way to take that other than as you trying to obtain one of those registrations. If that wasn’t what you meant, then please explain and be clearer in your postings, but don’t act like you’ve been attacked or bullied.

I would suggest if you think being asked if a question is sarcastic is “hateful” or “bullying”, your definitions of those terms might need to be reevaluated. You came into a thread about an individual basically scalping race bibs illegally (in contravention of RunDisney’s rules, at least) and asked only if that individual had any registrations available. There’s really not any other way to take that other than as you trying to obtain one of those registrations. If that wasn’t what you meant, then please explain and be clearer in your postings, but don’t act like you’ve been attacked or bullied.
[/

I will feel like I’ve been attacked and continue to feel bullied. I feel how I feel. You feel that is not how I am to feel. I don’t like people telling me how I should feel.

No one asked me to expand on my question. That would have been a mature thing to do. It seems you are asking me to do so now, so I will. I asked the original poster if the individual had any available registrations. I never heard a response. If I did hear they had registrations available I was going to suggest finding a way to get them back into the system to allow deserving participants to get those bibs.

I think many would say that being asked if your question was sarcastic was an invitation to expand on what you meant. Perhaps if you had explained what you meant by the question instead of interpreting it as a threat, things might have been taken in a more constructive direction.

I think many would say that being asked if your question was sarcastic was an invitation to expand on what you meant. Perhaps if you had explained what you meant by the question instead of interpreting it as a threat, things might have been taken in a more constructive direction.

I will remember this is in the future. Sometimes I struggle with my communication skills. It is something in which I’m constantly working to be better. It is clearly a work in progress in this media. Thank you for talking through this with me. My intent was not to be troublesome. I really just want everyone to be afforded the fair opportunity to participate in a runDisney event. I know first hand that it can be life changing.

To followup on your question regarding my "If not...." If you are really attempting to violate very clear runDisney rules, then you will probably not find many posters willing to assist you. If you simply don't understand runDisney policies, then ask away and we'll all try to help. Fair enough?

I will remember this is in the future. Sometimes I struggle with my communication skills. It is something in which I’m constantly working to be better. It is clearly a work in progress in this media. Thank you for talking through this with me. My intent was not to be troublesome. I really just want everyone to be afforded the fair opportunity to participate in a runDisney event. I know first hand that it can be life changing.
Then, once again, Welcome to the Boards!

@TimTrecker ...I reread the thread again and noticed you are running the marathon next year. If you are able, please join the runDisney gang the afternoon of the HM at Hurricane Hannahs, at the pre-race on Sunday, and especially join us for DATW (drinking around the world) at Epcot on Monday. I'll buy you the first drink (alcoholic or non)!

@TimTrecker ...I reread the thread again and noticed you are running the marathon next year. If you are able, please join the runDisney gang the afternoon of the HM at Hurricane Hannahs, at the pre-race on Sunday, and especially join us for DATW (drinking around the world) at Epcot on Monday. I'll buy you the first drink (alcoholic or non)!

This all sounds wonderful! Thank you for thinking of me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!