Sending best wishes to Kevin

Very sorry to hear of Kevin’s terrible injury and possibly worse cancelled Hawaiian Vacation! Get well soon.

Hi Folks,

Thanks for the wonderful thoughts.

Because of the way my arm broke (above the elbow and in four pieces/places) I had to have surgery where a debated number of plates and screws were used to put the bone back together.

Because of this, I don’t have a cast per se. I have what feels like a 40 pound fiberglass splint wrapped in yards of military grade stretch bandages. The description is accurate. The weight may be exaggerated.

Because it’s hard to sign an ace bandage and because I’ve been a homebody since I got home....I am signature free.

I go Wednesday to have this removed. I’m excited to get rid of it and nervous to get rid of it. It’s heavy and cumbersome, but it’s also my protective outer shell.

I’m told that underneath, I will have a “pretty healthy scar” (????) and there are dozens of staples holding everything together.

I will know more Wednesday and report back.

Until then, I am grateful for your thoughts, prayers and good wishes.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Kevin

Just saw this and I want to send my thoughts for a quick and easy recovery. So sorry this happened to you, Kevin.

I can definitely empathize about the "protective shell" being removed relief AND fear, mixed,@DisneyKevin. When I had my spine/neck operated on years ago, I was petrified to remove the neck collar I lived in 24/7 for almost 4 months. I knew it was impossible, but I felt that my head would not be supported when I took it off, and would literally roll off my neck like a bowling ball. Seriously. #ourbiggestfearisourownmind

BIG HUGS to the "big day" tomorrow!!

Kevin, you could do some temp tattoos once you are healed up enough to cover up the scars. I bet there is some that Will and Corey can come up to tie in various moods.

You could go full sleeve Star Wars (inspired by C3PO's different arms throughout the saga)...could even mixed in some Celtic design to link.
Favorite Places (where you had cruised)

Continued healing thoughts and hoping that your next trip will be extra special.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter