Sending items HOME from parks? is that a thing?

camnhan

DIS Veteran
So we are arriving in 6 days :) . Our older 2 are in college and not coming with us....much to their dismay. Since we will be there for Halloween and this will be our first time I was thinking about sending a few special treats to them directly from Disney. Is that a thing? Can I 'mail' packages to them at college directly from the parks? If so, is it any more expensive than the regular mail from home? :thanks:

We fed ex'd a light saber that wouldn't fit in our luggage. The front desk at Poly took care of it for us. I think it was around $10, due to the odd size package. It was super easy.

I've had things sent home from a shop at Disney. I don't remember how much they charged, but it wasn't prohibitively expensive. I would have expected it to be close to the price of shipping from an online store.

Perfect!!
I knew years ago when our son bought a sword in Epcot that they had to ship it to our house as it couldn't be brought on the plane but wasn't sure if we could just say "can you send this to this address please"
Can't wait to surprise them with a few treats...not that they wouldn't rather be with us. The joys of growing up!

You can ship items from any shop for a nominal fee. We usually pick UPS Ground, but you can also do express for more $$$. We normally do it with larger items that we don't want to haul around and then pack in luggage to fly home. Disney handles the boxing too.

So here would be my follow-up question. Can i purchase things at different stores and then the final purchase have them put everything together and send? I am not talking anything really big or major...probably some candy treats and maybe a decoration or shirt/mug that is Micky Halloweeny?

So here would be my follow-up question. Can i purchase things at different stores and then the final purchase have them put everything together and send? I am not talking anything really big or major...probably some candy treats and maybe a decoration or shirt/mug that is Micky Halloweeny?

I can't answer about a store shipping that way, but if not you can ask a store for a box and ship it from guest services at your resort.

Disney will not ship any food items so you won't be able to have them ship candy. They won't even do resort delivery from the parks for food items.

What are the shipping prices from the parks? Is it the same as the Shop Disney Parks app? I would guess that the free shipping in the app doesn't extend to the park shops?

If you are staying on property and have the ability to send your purchases back to your resort (I believe your checkout date must be at least two days out for this), you should be able to combine all of your purchases and ship them from the resort. I'm not sure if they offer that service directly from the parks, though. I don't know if the resorts will ship food items, but your other purchases should be okay to combine and ship that way.

What are the shipping prices from the parks? Is it the same as the Shop Disney Parks app? I would guess that the free shipping in the app doesn't extend to the park shops?

The shipping fee depends on the purchase price, provided you're shipping from the parks (or the character warehouse). From what I can remember from my last trip, purchases up to $250 cost $50 to ship. Sales tax is also deducted this way, which can kind of balance out the cost of shipping, depending on how much you purchase. I think the resorts ship by weight, though.

UGH! There went that plan :(

Depending on how badly you want to do food items you can always buy the treats, take them home, and mail them to your kids' school when you return home. We always bring treats home on the plane from WDW. We purchase a few dozen and freeze them when we get home so they can be rationed out until our next trip. If we're out of Mickey rice krispy treats it's time to go back to WDW. ;)

If you want to put a bunch of different things into care packages there are several shipping stores very close to WDW property. We bought several Banshees at AK for Christmas presents for our young nephews and naively thought we would have space for them all in the extra suitcase we brought with us - not even close. It was easier to take them to the shipping store and package them up with some other things to ship home. I can't remember the store we went to but they did a really great job packaging everything up for us.

BTW have you checked out the "Shop Disney Parks" app? It's free and you can order WDW park merch right from the app and have it sent wherever you wish. I just checked and they have a Halloween Shop right at the top of the very first page. Still no food items available though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter