Separate check for alcoholic bevs at dinner to use DDE card?

wildernesslodgelover

<font color=darkorchid>LOTW charter member!<br><fo
Anyone ever do this? Would it seem "tacky?" If we have the DDP *AND* the DDE, would it be uncouth to ask for our cocktails to be rung up on a separate check so we can use of DDE card and get 20% off? Thanks!

I'm curious about this too. We plan on having both and I hadn't though of this. Hmmm???? I wonder what the official take on this is. Anyone?

wildernesslodgelover said:
Anyone ever do this? Would it seem "tacky?" If we have the DDP *AND* the DDE, would it be uncouth to ask for our cocktails to be rung up on a separate check so we can use of DDE card and get 20% off? Thanks!

Cocktails have to be rung up on a seperate check when using DDP. Many people use both DDP and DDE. Just don't forget to tip on the second check.

Bestn-Are you saying that if I am using the DDP...that if I order a few drinks, it will be rung up on a separate check anyway, regardless of if I ask for it to be done that way? That would make it easier. Then I wouldn't be embarrassed to ask (not that I should be embarrassed anyway, I just hate to make extra work for the server.)

We did this all the time in December. We used our DDE for extra drinks while on the dinig plan.

Can DDE be used for other OOP items? For instance, at CG we will get 2 full meals using DDP, but I planned on a mixed drink and an extra appetizer to add to the 2 full meals. Can I use my DDE for the drink and appetizer?

First, if you order anything OOP, there has to be a separate check. You aren't making extra work for the server, this is the method Disney has for doing it. Yes, you can use your DDE for any items not covered on the DDP. Of course, use your head a little--if you order an extra appetizer or dessert, be sure to tell the server which one to bill separately (and put the more expensive on the DDP!). If you have OOP purchases (alcohol, food items, glow cubes, or whatever), you will have a line on that check to add tip. The second check can be charged to your room, your credit card, or paid in cash.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter