• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sephora? In DL? oh boy...I'm in trouble....

ChisJo

Cause afterall, a dream that you wish, will come t
Dost my eyes deceive me? Do I read this right? There is a Sephora in DTD? Am I ever in trouble...I don't think I have enough credit on my credit card.
If you're like me and you do not live anywhere near a Sephora, but everytime you enter one, you lose your mind, you will know what I'm talking about. I have tried to steer clear of them, but I know my first destination stop in DTD. Someone help me please.....

yes, there's is a Sephora at DTD....right next to Libby Lu's!! Libby Lu's is a little girls dream come true store! They go in there, get their hair done, nails done, they get to dress up in whatever then want and even put glitter in their hairs and skins! They get treated like a real princess!

Holy Smokes, how fun is that Libby Lu's, do you need appointments or anything? Would my 4 year old like this or is more for adolencents?

i just picked up their brochure and they have a website....clublibbylu.com, and their tag line is...."it's totally a girl thing"...there is a mother/daughter thing too.....your 4 year old would LOVE IT!

Oh yeah, Sephora is there. It's pretty fabulous. Easily an attraction in its own rite.

abby, I didn't know either so I looked it up. Sephora is a beauty retail chain located throughout Europe and the US. It's categorized as a candy store for beauty junkies! Here is their website: www.sephora.com

Sounds interesting Jo!

Boy am I out of the loop. I clicked thinking it was some illness going around. (sounds kind of bad!) It most be because DD has had a high fever all day.

DisneyPhD said:
Boy am I out of the loop. I clicked thinking it was some illness going around. (sounds kind of bad!) It most be because DD has had a high fever all day.

This may not be too far off as it sounds like ChisJo might feel a little sick when she gets her credit card statement after the trip! :teeth:

I had my first Sophora experience in Downtown Disney, it was fabulous! Instead of just going to a regular make up counter like "Estee Lauder" or "Chanel" you have a whole store of beauty products with employees that are just as big of product junkies as I am so they'll tell me about the best bronzer across the board, the most surprising lip stick, the best new fragrence, etc.

The employees have always been very friendly and helpful but also willing to back off and let you test until your heart's content. Everything has a tester and it's self-serve with lots of clean up areas. I usually come out having tried at least 5 "new looks" and purchased products from each. they have their own line of cosmetics too which have small sample sizes that are inexpensive.

It's a sin to have two of my biggest weaknesses (make-up and Disney) so close to each other!

This may not be too far off as it sounds like ChisJo might feel a little sick when she gets her credit card statement after the trip!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

So very true...I'm sure the guilt will make me very sick for sure!

Ahhhh the Bliss that is Sephora :teeth: When I make up my DL budget there is always a Sephora portion included in said budget :)

I am a Sephora-aholic yes I am :cool1: I adore the place!!! The Sephora in DTD always has some fun stuff that I can't always find at my store in Sac. And I've never had a bad makeover there!

You have seen the new little MOther's Day catalog right?

As for Libby Liu I can't stand that place! I just get an "ick" feeling when they parade the little girls in outside the front of the store dancing, with their little cropped shirts, full on make up, boas etc etc so that the little 6 & 8 year olds look like miniature Britney & Christinas :guilty: I thought the store idea was cute, for the most part, until I saw that. It was just ick.

DD18 & I always spend quite a bit of time in Sephora when we do Disney...and my CC gets dinged triple digits....but we soooo love that store! For awhile it was difficult to find the Jessica Simpson line of lip gloss and body powders and they have an abundant selection. And unique (yet expensive) products - I bought some lip stick sealer and a two tipped (one with a clear vitamin conditioner) mascara there. They were French and Oh-La-La I felt special using them :earsgirl:
Even if you don't buy anything, it is a fun store to try stuff out and see what is new, and the staff is very gracious and knowledgable. ChisJo, have fun, and good luck keeping the purchases down ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter