Sept. 11th anniversary

Captain America

Earning My Ears
With the second anniversary less than two weeks away I think it is important for all of us to reflect back on that day and remember ... remember those we had taken from us , secretaries , waiters , pilots , maintenance workers , investment bankers , police officers , and firefighters ... moms , dads , sons , daughters , wives , husbands , brothers , sisters , cousins and friends ... remember who and what is really important in our lives and why ... remember why we love this country so much and those who have and continue to sacrifice their lives for our freedom and security ! We must show the world and especially our children that we will not allow ourselves to be terrorized by any nation or group . The best way to do this is to continue living our lives the way we did before 9/11/01 in tribute to those who lost their lives that day .
So lets keep going to WDW and NYC and anywhere else we want to go because we cannot and will not live our lives in fear . Not now not ever !

GOD BLESS AMERICA !
REMEMBER FOREVER
HEAVEN'S BRAVEST
FDNY - 343
Firefighter Tom Maloney - proud and grateful member FDNY

p.s. - Can we please stop referring to the World Trade Center site as Ground Zero ? I know it's easier to say but it just never sounded right to me for alot of reasons .

Well said...Captain America!!!

We went to WDW 4 months after Sept 11th for a trip we never planned to do because the President said to spend money and continue to live your lives!!! We wanted to go to NYC but a firefighter friend who helped at the WTC site said to wait a while. So, we went to NYC in July of 2002 so I could shop on 5th Ave and so my (firefighter) husband could visit several firehouses!! It was a wonderful trip!!! Except for the fact that the hotel we picked in Midtown was 1/2 block from a very busy firehouse! It was torture on me and heaven for my husband and 4 year-old!!

We all tend to remember the firefighters who were lost that day...but we can't forget all the others who were lost as well.

Proud FireFighter's Wife...

medal.gif

medal.gif

medal.gif

I uderstand your feelig re "ground zero." I have the same problem with 9-1-1. It takes longer to say Sept. 11 but I feel it sounds like a reality T.V. program. Sorry to vent, but I feel better!:D

Michelle

I will always remember Sept 11. I live on the western side of the Hudson, but from a hill here in town, I watched in horror as the smoke billowed up from the towers. We're in "the city" a lot. We love all that Manhattan has to offer. AND, of course, WDW is our favorite vacation destination. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter