Sept 2006 with 15 month old?

snubie

DIS Veteran
We will be going to San Diego for my Dh's sister's wedding Sept 2006. Being so close to DL, how can we not attempt a visit? DD will be 15 months old at the time.

The last time we went to DL was mid-June and we went on a weekday. CRAZY crowds made the day less than fully enjoyable. How crowded will it be on a weekday in September? Local school kids will be back in school, right?

Are we crazy for bringing a 15 month old regardless of the crowds? Will she have fun?

She will have a great time! Our daughter was 14 months old her first visit and she had so much fun just running all over the park.

As long as it's after Labor Day weekend, and since the 50th will be over, it should be fairly light in crowds at that time. Plus, the weather will still be nice and warm...hot even.

As far as your 15 month old daughter, she'll love it and should have a great time. The last time we went to DL, our youngest little guy was 16 months old, and he had a great time. He loved meeting the characters and riding the rides that he could go on (except Pirates which I think spooked him a little bit, but he didn't cry or anything).

If you can make it up to DL, you should have a great time. Bring sunscreen! :flower:

The Baby Care Center might be helpful for you too. I wish I knew about that when I took my son when he was 12 months for his first DL visit. We've used it quite a few times now that we know it's there! We went in August and it was a nice break to step in the center where it's nice and air conditioned!
Suzy

Our second visit with kids was when our oldest daughter was around 15-months. I found it to be a great age. She loved "Minnie Meeka" otherwise known at Minnie Mouse.

She pretty much loved any ride we took her on. She just loved being there. She was not hard to please.

Sher

Started taking the kids when our youngest was about 5 mo's old (older son was 19 mo's old) and they both had fun! :flower:

Thank you for your encouragement. We are so excited now to take our little princess to meet the Mouse and the Princesses. Just hoping that the crowds are a bit lighter next Fall than they appear to be currently.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter