Sept 2019 maximize discounts?!

keke5656

Earning My Ears
Hello!!

We are returning to wdw in September 2019 after a year off. Our kids will be 7 and 9 then.

Here is my plan:

Sept 21-26 at Caribbean Beach (4 day ticket pass purchased on this reservation)
Sept 26-30 AKL

We are planning to go to a park every other day which leaves a lot of down time to explore/relax. We learned last year that a park everyday was too much for us!

My questions is about trying for free dining or hotel discount. I believe I would have to upgrade to park hopper to get FD on the first reservation?? Is it feasible to get the hotel discount on the second reservation at AKL?
Historically it looks like they will be offered at that time.

Thoughts?

Yes, there have typically been both free dining & room discounts at that time of year. With the parks being busy all the time, resorts are being booked at rack rate more often & Star Wars Land opening some time next fall, it’s anybody’s guess what will happen with discounts & promos next year. There are posts from people who are seeing certain room types not available for next year already.

Disney has also changed the requirements for the free dining over time. So even if they offer it next year, they may change those requirements too. In the past, booking the first part of your trip with free dining & the second half with a room discount & spreading your tickets out over both stays was a good strategy. Hopefully it will still be next year too.

If you are set on your dates & those hotels no matter what, you should probably book as soon as you can. Just be aware that the more rooms that are booked at rack rate, the less Disney needs to offer discounts. If you really need the discounts to be able to go, all you can do is watch & wait. But then you are gambling that the resort & room type you want will be available with the discounts anyway. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!