Sept 8, 2019, Disney Magic,7 night British Isles from Dover

Hello all,

If you have any interest in a Fish Extenders group for this cruise, let me know. I've coordinated several of these over the years and find it a great way to spread the pixie dust and magic!

Very excited about this trip and the return home on the WBTA. We've never done a back-to-back. Can't wait, but I know the year will pass quickly.

Hope to hear from you soon!
Hi everyone! We're sailing with you and we have a group page over on FB! Would it be okay if I post a link here to one of our Dublin activities or our page so that we can all get to know each other? I won't if it's not allowed. TIA!!

Interested in an early evening Dublin port adventure to see TRADITIONAL IRISH MUSIC AND DANCING at a pub? On Tuesday September 10th, 2019 there will be one offered which has been put together by cruisers going on the trip and a local pub. Included will be tansportation to and from the Dublin port we will be docked at, a traditional dinner, and step dance/music entertainment included with all ages welcome!

Google search the Merry Ploughboy Pub or to find out more about it. This is the excursion that we wish was offered though Disney but unfortunately wasn't. I've reached out directly to the pub and they have been so accommodating to put this together for us. We leave at 4pm from the port and the show ends at 7PM with a 40 min to 1-hour typical ride back placing us back on the ship well before we need to be. The price per person is only €60.00 and you can pay by credit card online.

Make sure you watch the video on the page so really understand what a great opportunity this is!

This is not an official Disney port adventure. It is offered by the Merry Ploughboy not in partnership with DCL. The limit is 60 people so make sure to book early to guarantee a place at the show. Please let me know if you have any questions, very happy to answer. You can read reviews about the experience at TripAdvisor.

To sign up, please use the link below (please delete if it's not permitted): https://mpbpub.com/disney-cruise-ma...lPGfzVo-XpGfuWV4bqz55p2MFZVS_xJTPcyukzto6INRA

This includes free transportation from the Disney Magic to the pub and back (well before the all-aboard time). Thank you all!!

Last edited:
Waving hello from Dublin. I was waiting for my bus today and had a few minutes to take a photo for you guys who will be visiting here soon

IMG_20190829_172405.jpg

Trinity College and The Bank of Ireland at the top of Dame Street / College Green

Hi BadPinkTink!
We are expecting a Cat 4 Hurricane basically over my house. It is starting to move extremely slowly which could mean more damage from sustained winds and rain. We are traveling with relatives that are in the northern part of the state and it makes things complicated for them to drive down to South Florida (we are leaving out of Miami) The last time we had a storm like this (not nearly as bad) lots of residents fleed to the north-then after the storm cleared, EVERYONE drove back down. One of my friends had a 12 hour drive home that normally would have been 4 hours. It's just crazy all around.
I am really hoping there's enough time for this storm to take a quick turn north and stay more off the coast.
And-my dog babysitter is leaving the area to be safe (which I totally understand) but it leaves me without a place for him right now if they can't get back in time because of the traffic issues. :(
I am a total organizer and planner so all of these unknowns freak me out. LOL

Hi BadPinkTink!
We are expecting a Cat 4 Hurricane basically over my house. It is starting to move extremely slowly which could mean more damage from sustained winds and rain. We are traveling with relatives that are in the northern part of the state and it makes things complicated for them to drive down to South Florida (we are leaving out of Miami) The last time we had a storm like this (not nearly as bad) lots of residents fleed to the north-then after the storm cleared, EVERYONE drove back down. One of my friends had a 12 hour drive home that normally would have been 4 hours. It's just crazy all around.
I am really hoping there's enough time for this storm to take a quick turn north and stay more off the coast.
And-my dog babysitter is leaving the area to be safe (which I totally understand) but it leaves me without a place for him right now if they can't get back in time because of the traffic issues. :(
I am a total organizer and planner so all of these unknowns freak me out. LOL

ah ok, sorry to hear all that, its not what you need right before an international vacation. Hopefully everything will be ok for you

Hi hmsTigger,
I have been watching the hurricane updates every 3 hours like clockwork. Ugh. It looks like we are escaping the worst of the storm in South Florida. Can't be 100% sure as these things can change course last minute, but its looking good. Miami has not been affected much, so our flight shouldn't be cancelled. Again-that's if this thing continues moving north and off the coast. Right now, it's actually NOT moving. So sad for the people of the Bahamas.
Hoping it does not affect people in Northern Florida and SC/GA/NC. I have family that have been evacuated from Savannah as of today as a precaution. So crazy!!!!

Thanks for checking in!

I am a little worried about flights as well. Already gotten an email from Delta that our Friday flights (connecting through Atlanta and JFK to London) May have travel delays and possible missed connections due to Dorian. Will be hoping for the best. Hopefully the hurricane stays off land as now forecasted. I have never seen one just go stationary as Dorian has done over the Bahamas. Very sad for those folks on the islands.

Can you leave a day early (Thursday)? Some airlines are offering no fees to change flights? WE are leaving Friday night and hope the rain and wind hold off. Hope your plans work out. See you in Dover! :)
Did you decide to do the Irish dancing at the pub the fb people arranged? Sounds fun!

Yes good luck to anyone with challenging pre cruise journeys.

I am thinking about the Irish dancing show at the pub, think my 7year old would like it. Anyone else booked?

Safe travels everyone. I will be out and about in Dublin city centre after 5 pm on Tuesday, my plan is to go straight from work down to the port to see the ship. After that I will head back to O'Connell Street and Trinity College area. I will be wearing a black Pirates of The Caribbean hoodie and will have a Lime Green Mickey Head on my bag.

Well that's us just arrived at our pre cruise accommodation, after a mammoth 11 hour drive. Have put 7yr old to bed and will be hitting the sack very soon.
I hope you have all had safe journeys and looking forward to sailing with you soon!

ps not sure when boarding starts but think we have a 12.30pm slot? I don't have a clue how the boarding is organised as this is our first Disney cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!