Sept 8, 2019, Disney Magic,7 night British Isles from Dover

Nope, wasn’t aware I couldn’t name a group on another page. Just thought I couldn’t outright name the page or post a direct link. Not trying to break any rules intentionally, just trying to be helpful to the OP. Will keep that in mind from now on!

Um thanks? I’ve already taken down the post with the incriminating information. Like I said, I’ll be more aware in the future.

waving hi from Dublin, Im not on the cruise but I plan to go in to Dublin city centre after work to see the ship. In previous years I have met up with Disney cruisers and it would be cool to meet up with some of the 2019 cruisers :)

Another thread has been started for this cruise so I am going to merge the 2 here.

To All Fish Extenders

Here's the list as of today. As you know, the close was Aug. 1. Any new requests will go on the Pixie Dust list.

If you'd like, I'll be on deck 4, port side, aft right after the mandatory safety meeting if anyone would like to meet. I do so look forward to spreading the magic with you. Just a little over a month to go. I hope all of you are excited and gathering/making your gifts.

As always, please post here or email me, lbolt123@gmail.com, if you have any questions.

Attachments

• Sept 8, 2019, Disney Magic,7 night British Isles from Dover as of Aug 5.pdf
    30.5 KB · Views: 8
To All Fish Extenders

Here's the list as of today. As you know, the close was Aug. 1. Any new requests will go on the Pixie Dust list.

If you'd like, I'll be on deck 4, port side, aft right after the mandatory safety meeting if anyone would like to meet. I do so look forward to spreading the magic with you. Just a little over a month to go. I hope all of you are excited and gathering/making your gifts.

As always, please post here or email me, lbolt123@gmail.com, if you have any questions.

Since this is my first time doing FE...I think I might have overdone it a little....I might need a separate suitcase for all the stuff :-)

Since this is my first time doing FE...I think I might have overdone it a little....I might need a separate suitcase for all the stuff :-)
I understand. We were on the eastbound Panama Canal cruise last fall. It was 15 days. My backpack and other carry on were packed! We're doing the westbound transatlantic immediately following this cruise and it's 10 days. Have never done a back-to-back before. This is wonderful! Two FE groups to organize, let's of magic to share!

Hello everyone, just booked and only have a short time to prepare for this cruise. We will have our twin 10 year old girls with us. Just beginning to work on excursions at each port. Would be interested to hear what some of you are doing for excursions.
Hello!
We are also on this cruise with a group of 12. :)-
So far, we have the following excursions:
Dublin - hop on hop off bus in the am (book of Kells) , Malahide Castle in the afternoon
Belfast- private tour that will mimic the BF17 DCL excursion (because it’s full) Spectacular Antrim Coast
Greenock- Inverary Castle
Liverpool- North Wales & Conwy Castle
Dover- private transfer to London hotel with tour of Leeds Castle & Canterbury

Hope that helps! I’m finding much less info here about British Isles cruises vs. Caribbean so most of the info I’ve had to research on my own.

Welcome! It's getting close now. You made really great choices.
Here is our itinerary:
Dublin: On our own Malahide Castle and gardens and then off to Howth to "cliff walk" Lovely seaside village
Belfast: Walking tour in the am Troubles walking tour in the afternoon
Edinburgh: DCL excursion Castle and Royal Mile to Holyrood
Liverpool: Fab 4 cab Beatles tour in the am, a visit to the Cavern Club, and Western Approaches Museum in the late afternoon

We have done Antrim Coast and Giant's Causeway A Spectacular ride to the coast and views are amazing. You will love this!
So many options is Belfast We have done black cab tours there and it was an experience we will never forget.
We have also been to Dublin before and love the city Going outside city centre this time on Luas.
Glad you are joining us!

Hello!
We are also on this cruise with a group of 12. :)-
So far, we have the following excursions:
Dublin - hop on hop off bus in the am (book of Kells) , Malahide Castle in the afternoon
Belfast- private tour that will mimic the BF17 DCL excursion (because it’s full) Spectacular Antrim Coast
Greenock- Inverary Castle
Liverpool- North Wales & Conwy Castle
Dover- private transfer to London hotel with tour of Leeds Castle & Canterbury

Hope that helps! I’m finding much less info here about British Isles cruises vs. Caribbean so most of the info I’ve had to research on my own.
Thank you and hmsTigger for sharing. We are staying two days in London pre-cruise and have booked the St Ermins Hotel using Marriott points. We will spend the two days covering London. I am still finalizing a few places to take the Family. I worked in London for 8 weeks a few years back so have a good sense of places there. I have bought tickets on high speed train to Dover Sunday morning.

Dublin - still trying to decide. Trying to decide if we want to go outside the city for the morning and then a few hours in the city. The girls want to see some Irish dance but we don’t want to do dinner and a show as that may be a little long of a day. Anyone know of any place to see Irish dancing in the afternoon? Maybe BadPinkTink you have a suggestion for seeing Irish dance/music?
Belfast - booked a private guide and car for the day similar to BF-17 and we can customize depending on how the girls are doing.
Greenock - I have booked an independent small tour (less than 15 ppl) to Loch Lomond, The Trossachs, Sterling Castle and Glasgow. They still have a few seats left as of a couple of days ago for this tour.
Liverpool - still trying to decide if we want to explore the city and do the hop on hop off or something else else here. Need to do a little more reasearch.

Thanks for sharing, gives me some other ideas to checkout. Will keep researching, hope to wrap this up the planning this week.

Dublin: On our own Malahide Castle and gardens and then off to Howth to "cliff walk" Lovely seaside village
We have also been to Dublin before and love the city Going outside city centre this time on Luas.

Im a bit confused there is no Luas to Howth. The Luas is the tram , Red and Green lines, South West Dublin to city centre and South East Dublin to city centre. Howth is North Dublin and you get by DART, Dublin city commuter train.

.Dublin - still trying to decide. Trying to decide if we want to go outside the city for the morning and then a few hours in the city. The girls want to see some Irish dance but we don’t want to do dinner and a show as that may be a little long of a day. Anyone know of any place to see Irish dancing in the afternoon? Maybe BadPinkTink you have a suggestion for seeing Irish dance/music?

I found this https://www.irishdanceparty.com/ As far as I can see its in the afternoon, 3pm and costs about €20 per person. You need to book tickets in advance. The event goes on for approx 2 hours. The Musician will host and MC the event, singing Irish songs and playing Irish instruments, explaining the history of the songs, music, instruments, dances etc.. There are also Dancers who will give dance performances for the group and also teach the group 3 Irish Dances which last for 20 minutes, 20 minutes and 10 minutes respectively.

The other place I would recommend for Irish dancing is the Celtic Nights show in the Arlington Hotel, just beside O'Connel Bridge https://www.arlington.ie/celtic-nights.html HOWEVER its a dinner and show, dinner at 6.30pm and show at 8.30pm so I dont know if that would work for you.

2 Weeks to Go! :)
I have a question regarding tipping. Most of our DCL cruises have been out of Florida (where we live) and we have never used the DCL Shuttle to get to the port before. For this cruise, we did pay for a one way DCL Shuttle from Heathrow to Dover the day of the cruise. Do you tip the DCL Driver?

We are planning on getting GBP and Euros for our tours.

Any advice is appreciated! Thank you.

C

Hello everyone, just booked and only have a short time to prepare for this cruise. We will have our twin 10 year old girls with us. Just beginning to work on excursions at each port. Would be interested to hear what some of you are doing for excursions.

Hi! This isn't an official Disney port adventure but a bunch of us wanted to see traditibal irish dancing and we were able to work with the Merry Ploughboy Pub to make it happen. If u go to the facebook group for this cruise you can learn more about it from the posts and links there.

Interested in an early evening Dublin port adventure to see TRADITIONAL IRISH MUSIC AND DANCING at a pub? On Tuesday September 10th, 2019 there will be one offered which has been put together by cruisers going on the trip and a local pub. Included will be tansportation to and from the Dublin port we will be docked at, a traditional dinner, and step dance/music entertainment included with all ages welcome!

Google search the Merry Ploughboy Pub or to find out more about it. This is the excursion that we wish was offered though Disney but unfortunately wasn't. I've reached out directly to the pub and they have been so accommodating to put this together for us. We leave at 4pm from the port and the show ends at 7PM with a 40 min to 1-hour typical ride back placing us back on the ship well before we need to be. The price per person is only €60.00 and you can pay by credit card online.

Make sure you watch the video on the page so really understand what a great opportunity this is!

This is not an official Disney port adventure. It is offered by the Merry Ploughboy not in partnership with DCL. The limit is 60 people so make sure to book early to guarantee a place at the show. Please let me know if you have any questions, very happy to answer. You can read reviews about the experience at TripAdvisor.

The link to book directly with us is on facebook (dis boards wont allow me to post it, ive tried 3 times) But you can join it on fb, find the link, and go from there. Sorry, im new here and it seems like Dis boards won't allow me to post any links.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter