Sept/Oct AP discount rate soon?

k5thbeatle

DIS Veteran
Have a good feeling that AP rate will be released soon, maybe tomorrow for Sept/Oct. Anyone else keeping their fingers crossed?

Based on the past few years they've been released mid-June, typically on a Tuesday. So maybe tomorrow or June 18th? From what I remember reading 2020 room only & packages will be available on the 18th. I wouldn't think they'd want to release those & discounts on the same day, but who knows lol.

If the Star Wars part of this forum is accurate they won't need discounts to sell out.

Hopefully they are extra good discounts pointing to slow room renting.

If the Star Wars part of this forum is accurate they won't need discounts to sell out.

Hopefully they are extra good discounts pointing to slow room renting.
The thing is, SWGE isn’t drawing huge crowds at DL now that the reservation period is over. Yesterday I looked multiple times at the DL app at the Millennium Falcon was a 45 min wait the entire day.

Add to that the resort availability at WDW is nearly wide open from Sept to Nov and I think you’ll see discounts soon. I’ve seen several trusted bloggers and Pete from this site state that bookings are down and they are quite confident that Disney will need to release fall discounts to get their numbers for fall up to par. Many people moved fall trips to AVOID the opening of SWGE. When the rumours start coming from multiple reputable sources, I believe it.

Plus from a business perspective it’s smarter to fill a room at a discount and have that guest spend money on attraction tickets, food and merchandise in the parks than it is to let a room sit empty.

SWGE isn’t drawing huge crowds at DL now that the reservation period is over.

To be fair their are still blackout periods on annual passes.
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/passes/blockout-dates/
I’ve seen several trusted bloggers and Pete from this site state that bookings are down and they are quite confident that Disney will need to release fall discounts to get their numbers for fall up to par.

I would say if Disney is trying to break this never ending cycle of discounts they likely know there is going to be a booking dip until people realize there is no discounts coming period at which point you will see what the true rate of bookings is.

Plus from a business perspective it’s smarter to fill a room at a discount and have that guest spend money on attraction tickets, food and merchandise in the parks than it is to let a room sit empty.

For Disney its not actually straight forward. Lowers crowds, easier access to Star Wars, and a pleasant experience at Star Wars will send out positive vibes for others looking to book and potentially make for higher crowds as you enter 2020. Also a short term reduction in bookings for already the slowest time of the year can likely be covered by even higher booking prices without discounts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter