September '20 WISH Challenge - New Beginnings

my pedometer. I've worn one for years and years. Nothing fancy. this particular one I got free at work from the health insurance people who come once a year with freebies. I've had it a few years. I don't even know why I wear one, but in MFP I always track steps even though at the moment I'm not tracking food.

My microplane. I love it. I don't use it too often, but it's great for zesting!

Favorite gadgets:

-my crockpot! Without it, I wouldn’t be able to have dinner ready for everyone when schedules are packed with sports and both husband & I are working.

-phone! It has everything and gets me answers quickly!

-Apple Watch (or previously Fitbit). Both served their purpose well by getting me up and moving more as well as tracking my workouts!!! Apple Watch also helps me catch phone calls since my phone is usually muted.

-Bike. I used this daily in the spring and summer. I like to mix up my workout method from time to time. So it was a nice change from my basement workouts!

-Apple TV. Since we don’t have a smartTV in the basement, I use the Apple TV to stream my workout videos from Beachbody On Demand.

I've got nothing woohoo-y for today. I thought I was OK after the debate, I slept OK last night, but this morning I am feeling the beat-up... everything is more challenging than it should be.

Yesterday I got an email from the gal I saw for the EFT tapping that I did back at the beginning of the year. She's putting together an ayurvedic fall cleanse... two weeks of not just changing what you're eating but working on emotions, spirituality, everything. It would be a big commitment and I would really have to work at it, which I think is a very good thing. There will be group Zoom meetings but there is also a FB group, that I wouldn't be able to join... right now not being able to participate in that is the only thing holding me back. Oh, I know I need to do it, I know it... I'll make up my mind by the end of the day today.

Kittens went to their well-kitten appointment yesterday. Vet thinks the spot on one of Pippa's ears is ringworm. So both kittens need to be treated for it...probably for the next two months. I'm hoping that since they are both so food driven I'll be able to hide the med in their food without much fussing.

~ Woohoo Wednesday ~
So sorry for the delay today, friends! I've been non-stop all day at work! What's getting you woohoo-y today? I'm going to come back and read more gadgets that are must haves too!

1) Our PT eval on Monday went REALLY well. Bubs is meeting all milestones right now! Our biggest concern are occasional indwelling thumbs and then flat spot on his head. But just the fact that the PT felt so much was attributed to muscle tone helped me feel a bit better.
2) Back on track today. Yesterday my baby needed 4 mo shots. We both cried, I ate my feelings a bit. C'est la vie. :confused3

Shots are so stressful for everyone involved! Especially the parents! My poor daughter passed out at my grandson’s pediatrician’s office at one of the appointments.

Speaking of shots, I got my flu shot today. I prefer my Dr.’s office, so was lucky to get in at the last minute.
The weather is just glorious! Sunny, 60s and a perfect day outside. Already have raked leaves-we rake them on a tarp and haul to the curb for the borough to collect, so got some good exercise.
Trying out a new soup recipe tonight-if it’s good I will share.

WooHoo Wednesday - I finally found canned pumpkin!! (Thanks for the Aldi’s suggestion if it came from here! I can’t remember which thread.)

Also, “testing” the kids went really well today. Being twins, they really eat up any 1-on-1 time they can get, and I made some bits silly to get them started. They both had good attitudes and now I have baselines for planning. 😀

wahoo we had papa murphy's pizza tonight at half price!

wahoo DH has finally learned that he can control his weight through what he puts in his mouth and not by being an exercise fiend--it only took 30 plus years!!!

wahoo the weather is lovely (well, there's smoke but it's way up high and not in our noses) and I am taking Friday off as a sick/mental health day

Gadgets:
I totally forgot my NUTRIBULLET! I use it every morning to make my shake. I’ve never been much of a breakfast person. So a shake is perfect for me!

Woohoos:

Woohoo- I feel like I’m continuing to manage my stress ok. There are definitely ups and downs. But overall I’m pretty proud of myself! The evidence is that I’m sleeping through the night. On a normal year, the stress of the start of a new school year would keep me up at night. But maybe I’m just so exhausted by the end of the days but either way, I’m sleeping!
Woohoo- I’m maintaining my weight. Not a huge woohoo since I’d rather be losing. But I tend to go up on the weekends and back down during the week. So I’m considering that maintaining. I’m going to have to get more focused on the weekends. But for now, I’ll be happy with maintaining.

Thankful Thursday:

I’m thankful for the reminders on here to schedule a flu shot. I also like to go to my dr office for it. So I need to try to schedule that:

I’m thankful for my husband being home and able to drive the kids around while I am focused on work. Eventually (hopefully) I’ll get into more of a routine. But for now, it is super helpful to have him home!

I’m thankful for my health. We are starting to see a few cases in the school district and one of the daycares had 3 teachers test positive. Also one of my former students (I remained close with the family) got Covid at college. So far, he seems to be feeling ok and he has a great support system there (coach’s family, landlord, friends) bringing him food and leaving it at his door.

Thankful for my crazy group of friends. I had 21 text messages to catch up with this morning. They make me laugh every day.

Thankful for my libraries. They’re doing the best they can in these difficult times to provide services. I always have a pile of books, the majority coming from other libraries in the system.

Also thankful it’s Thursday-weekend is almost here. I’m packing a picnic to have lunch with my daughter and grandson tomorrow at their house. They get an hour break and if my grandson is finished with his work we’ll go through a drive through for ice cream.

Thankful Thursday... I've been way way off from how I'd like to function, so I'm grateful that I was able to recognized that the invitation to the ayurvedic cleanse was the gift I had been waiting for, a life line back to where I want to be... I could have easily let it slip by. I have my pre-cleanse one-on-one call with her Saturday and will actually start the cleanse early on 10.10 because there's a transition period post-cleanse that would have fallen right when I'm headed to the beach and will be eating restaurant food. And I have every intention of eating well while I'm there. My grocery expenses last month were the same $500... for the life on me I can't figure out what I'm spending it on, but at least with the cleanse the $$$ for October should go down, hopefully at least enough to pay for the cleanse.

I'd like to say I'm thankful we've made it to October, normally one of my favorite months, but I'm actually a little apprehensive. Yesterday my favorite astrologer posted that she isn't quite done with her October forecasts because it is going to be a challenging month and she's working hard to include tools to navigate it. Dang.

And I'm thankful I was able to mix the ring worm meds into the kitten's food and they gobbled it up like nothing was different. I so didn't want to upset them with a struggle to get pills in them

Ours has gone up a lot as well. Around us prices on certain foods have gone way up.
I know I have spent more as well. When all this started I just ordered or bought groceries without paying attention to prices (certainly something else I should be grateful for!). Prices have gone up on certain things but I need to start planning meals on sale items and buying things in larger amounts when they’re on sale. I haven’t been to Costco since March and there were a few items I used to buy in bulk there. I just read they’re carrying Raos pasta sauce which several of you have highly recommended.

Thankful Thursday - I am home, out with the cat, and not completely exhausted! (Sometimes Thursdays are tough with the twins, but were working on improving that from a couple of angles.)

The weather lady called today the pick of the week, so I’m enjoying it while I can.😃

~ Free For All Friday ~
What’s on your mind today?

today is payday! So that’s always a good way to start the day.This week has been a struggle for me with healthy eating and exercising. It’s been kicking me in the rear end and frankly, I never really got back on track. But today is my weigh-in day which means Friday’s are technically the start to my week. So I’m excited for the “reset”. I’m going to review my week and see what tripped me up and hopefully create a plan to start new.

I feel like something shifted yesterday in how I'm feeling, I was happy and relaxed for the first time in a long time. I got my haircut in the afternoon, and probably the best part is talking to a real live human being. The haircut is so-so, I don't love the way he's doing the bangs but can't figure out how they need to change.

I watched Practical Magic last night and 1) really enjoyed it and 2) it got me to thinking about restoring a sense of magic in everyday life and exercising feminine power... and calling in love.

Plans for the weekend are to do fall clean-up outside, as the weather is supposed to be pretty good. I have my cleanse call tomorrow and will get more information and the list of things I need to get. And to do the indoors cleaning routine to control the ringworm fungus.... everything gets washed, vacumed, wiped down a couple times a week. Trying to figure out what to do with their scratching post, tunnel and donut bed... you're supposed to remove those types of things but I don't know how they do without them as they love and use all.

~ Free For All Friday ~
What’s on your mind today?

today is payday! So that’s always a good way to start the day.This week has been a struggle for me with healthy eating and exercising. It’s been kicking me in the rear end and frankly, I never really got back on track. But today is my weigh-in day which means Friday’s are technically the start to my week. So I’m excited for the “reset”. I’m going to review my week and see what tripped me up and hopefully create a plan to start new.
Love the idea of a Friday weigh in. I think I will skip Tuesday (my usual day) and do Fridays from now on.
Oneanne, your cleanse sounds so interesting! I love your openness to different ideas!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!