September 2008 2008 ADR Wanted/Trade/Exchange/Cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just returned from our trip, and I was surprised that there were many places accepting walk ups. They would not give a reservation, but if you waited, you were seating in a reasonable time. CP accepted at various times every day, Ohana, Tutto Italiano, I saw some people getting in at Cinderella's Castle, PSB, Diamond Horseshoe Saloon, Chef Mickey...these are all that we tried and got in with a party of 8! So, don't give up hope. I think if you get there when they open, you have a better chance.

We had a great time...and I was very surprised that Cinderella's Castle evening meal was just wonderful.

Ditto here!! I just got back late last night after spending a week in WDW. I was amazed how empty the resturants were after MONTHS of hearing "all booked" every time i try to make an ADR's. I was even able to add some more people to my party without any problems. For those who may be discouraged, go to podium of that resturant and you should be able to get in.
Food was great in all the resturants i went to. The only complaint i had was, the weather... it was too humid!!!:scared1: but had NO RAIN!!!!:goodvibes

Ditto here!! I just got back late last night after spending a week in WDW. I was amazed how empty the resturants were after MONTHS of hearing "all booked" every time i try to make an ADR's. I was even able to add some more people to my party without any problems. For those who may be discouraged, go to podium of that resturant and you should be able to get in.
Food was great in all the resturants i went to. The only complaint i had was, the weather... it was too humid!!!:scared1: but had NO RAIN!!!!:goodvibes

Hey, Boardwalk Gal, where in PA are you located? It was 91 when we left WDW and 57 in Philadelphia when we landed....It was really hot and humid, but you are right NO RAIN!! Just one night we were in EPCOT during the fireworks and it poured buckets, but it wasn't raining at SSR when we got to our room...strange place, WDW for rain!

I was wondering if a lot of people had to cancel their plans with the hurricane, and also with the economic conditions. The MNSSHP was EMPTY the night we were there. We walked onto every ride with no wait at all. The streets were even deserted from what I recall other years.

I'm here now, and I couldn't get any adrs for a party of 2, but I could get adrs for parties of 4. I showed up and told them only 2 could make it and they sat us pretty quick no question as to why the other 2 weren't there.

Hey, Boardwalk Gal, where in PA are you located? It was 91 when we left WDW and 57 in Philadelphia when we landed....It was really hot and humid, but you are right NO RAIN!! Just one night we were in EPCOT during the fireworks and it poured buckets, but it wasn't raining at SSR when we got to our room...strange place, WDW for rain!

I was wondering if a lot of people had to cancel their plans with the hurricane, and also with the economic conditions. The MNSSHP was EMPTY the night we were there. We walked onto every ride with no wait at all. The streets were even deserted from what I recall other years.

Hello neighbor, i lived in Easton/Bethlehem area!!! I see you live near Hershey!!! Not too far from here!!:goodvibes

I have experiences where it was raining in one area of the park and another park didn't rain at all...that is Florida for ya!! LOL!!!

I missed Disney already!!!:sad2:

I know this is quite a stretch, but I'm looking for a reservation between 9/23 and 9/26 at Teppan Edo for a party of 5. Thanks.

Hello neighbor, i lived in Easton/Bethlehem area!!! I see you live near Hershey!!! Not too far from here!!:goodvibes

I have experiences where it was raining in one area of the park and another park didn't rain at all...that is Florida for ya!! LOL!!!

I missed Disney already!!!:sad2:

Hey Boardwalk Gal and bsusanmb!

I live in the York PA area and was down in Florida the same time as you guys! Glad to see so many people up here love the DIS as much as me!! Just thought I'd say Hello :wave2:

I agree, I miss Disney too!!!

I have a Ohana breakfast at 10:10 on 9/30 for a party of 3 if anyone wants it. Unfortunately, we won't be able to make it there since it will be our last day at WDW.

Long shot but I'm still hoping to be able to get a CRT Breakfast on the 27 since my 6yr old has been wishing for it every single night. I'm also hoping to trade a CM B for a D on 9/30 (dinner would work better for us that day).

Canceled ohana 2 ppl 9/25 8 pm
Cancelled wcc 2 ppl 9/26 4:30 pm
At wdw right, now lecellier was awesome tonight !!

I live in the York PA area and was down in Florida the same time as you guys! Glad to see so many people up here love the DIS as much as me!! Just thought I'd say Hello :wave2:

another PAer here who was there around the same time.. and I cant believe how many ressies were open. I changed a bunch and had no issues what so ever! I'll still obsess over adr;s next year, but I'll feel more comfy if it's anything like this year!

another PAer here who was there around the same time.. and I cant believe how many ressies were open. I changed a bunch and had no issues what so ever! I'll still obsess over adr;s next year, but I'll feel more comfy if it's anything like this year!

Hey Inkedupmomma!

Remember me? I met you on the monorail? We were dressed as Pirates leaving MNSSHP and u almost missed your stop cuz we were talking too much? :lmao: Hope you had a good trip and I agree with switching ressies while there, I did it a few times as well.

Have a good day everyone!

Hey Inkedupmomma!

Remember me? I met you on the monorail? We were dressed as Pirates leaving MNSSHP and u almost missed your stop cuz we were talking too much? :lmao: Hope you had a good trip and I agree with switching ressies while there, I did it a few times as well.

Have a good day everyone!

omg duh.. yes i totally remember you!! i didnt even look at your screen name when i quoted you!! how did the rest of your trip go??

I live in York, PA also. was down from9/13 to 9/19 and only had ressies for 3 dinners b/c the size of our party. And had no problems getting in anywhere once we were down there. It was like Disney was expecting a huge influx and told people there was no room, then suddenly they had room.

I am ready to go back down too. Enjoy Harley Weekend remember to stay off Rt 30 this weekend.

omg duh.. yes i totally remember you!! i didnt even look at your screen name when i quoted you!! how did the rest of your trip go??

:rotfl: I was wondering why you didn't say Hi! :rotfl: We had a great time, saw La Nouba the next night and OMG, go see it if you get the chance, well worth it. Boy, we sure didn't want to go home! How about you guys...how was the rest of your time there?

I live in York, PA also. was down from9/13 to 9/19 and only had ressies for 3 dinners b/c the size of our party. And had no problems getting in anywhere once we were down there. It was like Disney was expecting a huge influx and told people there was no room, then suddenly they had room.

I am ready to go back down too. Enjoy Harley Weekend remember to stay off Rt 30 this weekend.

Hi Neighbor!! :wave2: Lots of DISers that live so close! :goodvibes

I think Disney had a lot of cancellations due to the hurricanes and the economy. I was surprised how easy it was to change our plans around. Thought we were just lucky, but obviously, everyone was able to do the same. Glad to hear it!

Yeah, RT 30 will be a mess, I always try to avoid it anyway, so for sure I won't be anywhere around. Poor bikers, its supposed to be cold and rainy. Not fun!

I guess a lot of people are cancelling or changing plans, because I just called and was able to get CRT for this Monday at 8:05! Totally excited! DD4, turning 5 on this trip, is going to be thrilled!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter