September 2018 Car Rental

The rates will get better unless there’s a hurricane. I leave next Friday June 1 and still trying to get a better rate on that reservation.

How much is your current quote? Hotwire is showing $15/day, $218 total with taxes and fees for your time period for a full sized. $203 for economy.

How much is your current quote? Hotwire is showing $15/day, $218 total with taxes and fees for your time period for a full sized. $203 for economy.

Alamo $216 full size, 8 days. It just started to drop today. It’s been $260 for a long time.

I always use car rental savers .com and they are way high too! I will keep watching ....nothing I even want to pre-reserve...LOL. Glad it's not just me that thinks the prices are way out of whack!

Booked a Mid-Size through Avis for 9/23 - 9/27 for $136. This was lowest price I've seen since I started checking months ago. Every other price has been $200+. No coupons or deals just used my Wizard number.

All I can say is that I'm glad I'm not flying into MCO, and going to PBI to spend a couple days with my Dad in Port Saint Lucie before making the trek up to WDW. Was just able to get a full-size car for 8 days for a shade over $200. Same rental at MCO was well over $100 more.

Last edited:
Dh and I have bitten the bullet and booked I've been watching the prices on the Alamo UK site for months and they just seem to be slowly creeping up every day or two, only by £1 or so but I was getting too twitchy watching the prices slowly climb

Prices are finally starting to go down!

Originally had an economy car for 6 days at well over $210.

Now we have a full size car for 7 days at 156 and change.

Prices are finally starting to go down!

Originally had an economy car for 6 days at well over $210.

Now we have a full size car for 7 days at 156 and change.

Can you please share who you are renting through, your dates and any discounts you used? Thanks!

Can you please share who you are renting through, your dates and any discounts you used? Thanks!

Well I'm picking my car up at PBI. We're flying into there, to spend 2 days with my Dad in Port St. Lucie, and then we'll be driving up to WDW for 6 days, and then driving back to PBI.

Right now just using my Costco Membership + Alamo, 9/1-9/8

Well I'm picking my car up at PBI. We're flying into there, to spend 2 days with my Dad in Port St. Lucie, and then we'll be driving up to WDW for 6 days, and then driving back to PBI.

Right now just using my Costco Membership + Alamo, 9/1-9/8

Thank you!

Alamo Costco rates down today. STD SUV 9/12-18 $239 with $30 coupon AD2365FDN

Holding Alamo BJs (like Costco) AD2365FDN (thanks @wings91 )

Full size 9/6 - 9/18 @ MCO
$440

No prepaid so guessing I will have to wait in line - thinking of checking on Alamo site when I get home from the beach next week. I don't have access to BJs here.

FYI the Alamo $30 off coupon code AD2365FDN not only doesn't work today, can't pull up reservations I made (last month and even months ago) using that coupon code. Don't know if just a glitch, and I haven't called, but just FYI. (And of course I used that code for all my reservations, and prices have gone up alot - far more than $30.)

FYI the Alamo $30 off coupon code AD2365FDN not only doesn't work today, can't pull up reservations I made (last month and even months ago) using that coupon code. Don't know if just a glitch, and I haven't called, but just FYI. (And of course I used that code for all my reservations, and prices have gone up alot - far more than $30.)

I’m been struggling with this since yesterday. I feel like I have to start all over now. Yes, the price is higher. I’m 5 weeks away, so hopefully things will get better.

I can't pull up the reservation to cancel it. What did all of you do with the existing reservations that can't be pulled up with the coupon code AD2365FDN?

AOPA
Save $30 off your next rental
  • Valid for any size vehicle
  • 5-day minimum, with Saturday night overkeep required
  • coupon valid through 12/31/18

I found this on the Alamo website. The coupon is valid until Dec 31, 2018 so not sure why it does not work.

I can't pull up the reservation to cancel it. What did all of you do with the existing reservations that can't be pulled up with the coupon code AD2365FDN?

I tried to send them an email, but that link isn’t working. Guess we’ll have to call to cancel.

OMG, can't pull up my September ressie either!! Thanks to Amanda999 for posting this info. Now to start all over...

OMG, can't pull up my September ressie either!! Thanks to Amanda999 for posting this info. Now to start all over...

Yep I used the $25 coupon and the passholder code. My rate actually went down yesterday, so all is good now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter