September 2019 ADR thoughts for daughters Birthday trip

Ohanagirl78

Earning My Ears
My husband and I are taking our daughter in September 2019 for her 11th birthday. We’ve taken her twice before, once being on her birthday when she turned 5. She’s done bippity boppity with CRT right after and we’ve done BOG twice. This trip will only be 5 days and we tend to enjoy half days at the pool but because it’s a short trip I do want to make the most of it. She is a completely girly girl tween and mostly ‘over’ princesses, in the sense that we don’t do meet and greets anymore. We don’t book ADR’s for another month but I’d like a bit of help on my tentative plans. Anything fun I’m missing that a tween girl would love on her birthday? Open to suggestions.

Tentative plans:

Day 1: pool and DS. Looking at dinner at one of the following (we’ve done Raglan!):
The Edison
Planet Hollywood
TREX
Splittsville

Day 2: MK with dinner at LTT and MNSSHP

Day 3: Universal then dinner at Storybook Dining

Day 4: 11th Birthday! AK (her fav is Everest) with dinner at Spirit of Aloha (we’ve been to a real Hawaiian Luau in Maui. Ohana is our favorite but thought we’d try something new) back to AK for rivers of light.

Day 5: hang at pool and explore horses etc at Fort Wilderness or Epcot. Not sure where to eat this day for an ADR.

Thoughts and ideas? Thanks!!!!

Sounds like a great plan and can't think of anything you missed.
Never eaten at Spirit of Aloha but when we stay at nearby longhouses at Poly always hear the happy people coming and going there:).

As for your day at Fort Wilderness maybe take a look at the menu at Trail's End; it may appeal to your family.
Epcot ? Gosh just pick the cuisine you like best and choose. Hard to get bad food in the World Showcase. My DGD (now age 13) fell in love with Via Napoli and Tokyo Dining. TD is a little more sophisticated in menu over Teppan Edo which seems to be most popular with families with younger children and adults who are young at heart for the nostalgia factor.

Have fun where ever you go!

Last edited:
Sounds like a great birthday!

If youre looking for a place to dine, maybe you can pull up the Disney website or all ears and let your daughter pick. My daughter started picking restaurants around that age, then graduated to picking our hotel (but had to give valid points for why she chose what she chose) and for our upcoming trip, aside from my actual birthday dinner, she planned the entire trip 12 day trip (she is 15 now).

If youre looking for a place to dine, maybe you can pull up the Disney website or all ears and let your daughter pick. My daughter started picking restaurants around that age, then graduated to picking our hotel (but had to give valid points for why she chose what she chose) and for our upcoming trip, aside from my actual birthday dinner, she planned the entire trip 12 day trip (she is 15 now).

I should’ve added that it’s a surprise trip! Oops!

Sounds like a great plan and can't think of anything you missed.
Never eaten at Spirit of Aloha but when we stay at nearby longhouses at Poly always hear the happy people coming and going there:).

As for your day at Fort Wilderness maybe take a look at the menu at Trail's End; it may appeal to your family.
Epcot ? Gosh just pick the cuisine you like best and choice. Hard to get bad food in the World Showcase. My DGD (now age 13)fell in love with Via Napoli and Tokyo Dining. TD is a little more sophisticated in menu over Teppan Edo which seems to be most popular with families with younger children and adults who are young at heart for the nostalgia factor.

Have fun where ever you go!
Thank you! I’ll look at Trails End! As far as Epcot, I do love eating around the world with no ADR’s now that I think of it! We’ve been to Biergarten and she loved it. I’ll check out Tokyo Dining!

We must of attended the same school of parenting. First time I asked my then 11 y/o DGD for help picking a hotel she choose GF because it has a spa. Told my mother my work was now officially done as the grrlie was spoiled rotten and she could go back to living w/ her parents;).

I should’ve added that it’s a surprise trip! Oops!

Even better!!!

Do you have park passes for that day, or are you looking for something outside the parks? When my DD was 11, she didnt love Epcot (except Soarin' !!), but she did love Via Napoli.

Trying to think of what she liked at age 11.......

Outside the park she liked 1900 PF, Grand Floridian Cafe, Cape May, Beaches and Cream (though may be closed when you are there), Trattoria al Forno breakfast. (We often stay at the Poly, but dont love their restaurants..only SoA !!!) Artist Point Snow White Dinner (new this year..havent tried, but looks good and we have had dinner at Artist Point before. She got a pasta dinner which she liked and for dessert, white chocolate puzzle pieces she would paint with icing! She really liked it there.

In a park...Via Napoli, Le Cellier, The Plaza, Tusker House (and of course BOG, CRT)

We must of attended the same school of parenting. First time I asked my then 11 y/o DGD for help picking a hotel she choose GF because it has a spa. Told my mother my work was now officially done as the grrlie was spoiled rotten and she could go back to living w/ her parents;).

LOL !!! Too funny!

My daughter used to pick based on pools and who had the best slide! She never got her way. She picked Yacht Club last time. Pool was a big factor, but also the many Epcot dinners, easy access to DHS where my nieces were performing in a show, and they were offering 30% off room rate (BC was only 10% off). She made very valid points, so we booked it. She picked Poly this time (I think she missed the monorail last trip), mostly due to us having my in laws come on their first trip and her wanting a great hotel for them (we were paying for 1/2 their package since we picked a $$$ hotel). Sadly, the in laws bailed (as usual) on the trip about a month ago. My husband wanted to change hotels, but she batted her eyelashes and had good arguments why we should keep our Poly reservation!

Even better!!!

Do you have park passes for that day, or are you looking for something outside the parks? When my DD was 11, she didnt love Epcot (except Soarin' !!), but she did love Via Napoli.

Trying to think of what she liked at age 11.......

Outside the park she liked 1900 PF, Grand Floridian Cafe, Cape May, Beaches and Cream (though may be closed when you are there), Trattoria al Forno breakfast. (We often stay at the Poly, but dont love their restaurants..only SoA !!!) Artist Point Snow White Dinner (new this year..havent tried, but looks good and we have had dinner at Artist Point before. She got a pasta dinner which she liked and for dessert, white chocolate puzzle pieces she would paint with icing! She really liked it there.

In a park...Via Napoli, Le Cellier, The Plaza, Tusker House (and of course BOG, CRT)
We don’t have park tickets the first or last day...yet. DS for sure though on the first day though still can’t pick as there are so many good options. I haven’t been to Tusker House yet!

Did your daughter enjoy 1900 PF or Artist Point better?

Did your daughter enjoy 1900 PF or Artist Point better?

I would say equal. They are so different....buffet vs a la carte. She loved the meal at AP and that was before they turned it into a character dinner (Snow White and 7 Dwarfs).

She liked the food at 1900 and loved the characters (breakfast was Alice, Mad Hatter, Mary Poppins. Pooh and Tigger). She especially loved that Mad Hatter noticed her shirt!

upload_2019-2-17_18-2-23.png

upload_2019-2-17_18-3-43.png

upload_2019-2-17_18-4-13.png

upload_2019-2-17_18-4-35.png

upload_2019-2-17_18-5-24.png

Artist Point..... (she ordered from the kids menu even though she was about 3 months away from being 12!

upload_2019-2-17_18-6-38.png

upload_2019-2-17_18-7-2.png

upload_2019-2-17_18-7-25.png

upload_2019-2-17_18-8-18.png

I got Filet Mignon and My husband a seafood dish. Both were DELICIOUS!

upload_2019-2-17_18-13-49.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!