September 2019 Car Rental Thread

The prices at the airport pickup were so high, so I went to hotwire and found through Hertz offsite near Bonnetcreek at $17.21 per day for a full size car. I will take an Uber from the airport, estimate of $26.00 and then Uber back to airport on way home. I couldn’t find anything at the airport for the 8 days I will need a car for under $400.00.

Alamo dropped for us today for 19-25 September. I was not able to use one of the coupons I've been using; said it was a conflict with the end date of something...

What codes/coupons? Where is your pickup?

Coupon AD891AJR ($35) is the one that gave me an error when it has worked fine in the past. Here's the message: Return date conflict with coupon

AD8698SDF ($25) looks like it works okay as well as AD2823JAZ.

Any code I checked was better than it was yesterday. The best one I've found is the Disney Passholder code.

Also, recently the price was better if I picked up at Dolphin or Disney Car Care Center and dropped off at the airport but now my rate is better with pickup and drop-off at MCO.

Just now - Alamo APH code & $25 coupon, $243 for midsize (reservation for a week starts 9/28)

FYI! The $30 coupon code ad3913MJR is now causing issues.

Referring the July, 2019 rental car thread:

Any reservations Using it cannot be modified/cancelled, nor will you be able to check in online or use the kiosk.

Supposedly, you can go to desk and utiize but since I believe it was a code designed for South America, may want to rebook

I’m getting the same prices with or without the codes on Alamo. 9/4 to 9/9.

I’m getting the same prices with or without the codes on Alamo. 9/4 to 9/9.

Yeah, I don't get any benefit from the $25 off coupons I'm entering with Alamo at the moment. I do get a benefit with the free upgrade coupon AU2291VYT. The annual passholder code gives me the best rate still.

I finally got a decent price for the week of August 30th through the 6th.
The cheapest I was finding when I first started looking was $251 for a compact.
I just booked a full size through costco for $233. We arrive early and leave pretty late so I think that is pretty decent.

Anyone having any luck with coupons that aren’t Costco or APH codes? The cheapest I have right now for a midsize from 9/4 to 9/9 is $194 with a Dollar city special. My BJ’s codes aren’t giving any real discount.

Check you dates and times everyone. I jut changed my Costco booking for August 30th to December 6th from a full size to a intermediate SUV for $1 less.

I am new to renting cars at Disney So this might be very common but the weird thing was that it was cheaper for be to have the car longer picking up at 10:00am & dropping off at 5:00pm rather that default times of noon.

Check you dates and times everyone. I jut changed my Costco booking for August 30th to December 6th from a full size to a intermediate SUV for $1 less.

I am new to renting cars at Disney So this might be very common but the weird thing was that it was cheaper for be to have the car longer picking up at 10:00am & dropping off at 5:00pm rather that default times of noon.

Guessing you meant September 6th...:)

Alamo website gives me a price that is $100 cheaper if I select the pick-up time 30-minutes earlier for my trip (i.e. 12:30pm instead of 1:00pm). Seems like it may like times scheduled on the half-hours because it worked that way on my last reservation as well.

Guessing you meant September 6th...:)

Alamo website gives me a price that is $100 cheaper if I select the pick-up time 30-minutes earlier for my trip (i.e. 12:30pm instead of 1:00pm). Seems like it may like times scheduled on the half-hours because it worked that way on my last reservation as well.
Haha. Sorry. Yes. That is what I meant. We have another trip planned November 29 through December 6Th. I must have that date on the brain 😂
I was hoping to get down to the $200 range for a full size but am now content will the small suv for $231.

I am looking for a 5 day September 29-Oct at MCO. Best I have found for a mid SUV is $306, I use Costco. It has not budged even $1 in a month. So odd that it is locked in there. Is not having a Saturday night hurting me? I look 1-2X a day. Hopefully is will get lower soon. I have one in Sacramento in mid September, that did go down recently.

The cheapest I can find for my Sep 19 - Sep 23 trip is $343 for an intermediate. At this rate, I might as well take an Uber.

I came back to add that I found an Alamo intermediate thru the Costco site at $175.25. Still works out to $43.75 per day which is about double what I paid a while back. Still would be cheaper to take an Uber and I am not sure that we will need our own transportation for this short trip, although I would love to go to the outlet mall.

Last edited:
Hoping the prices would start getting better, plus several of my favorite coupons stopped working. I’m August 30-September 10. Right now I’m sitting on a standard for $304 using passholder discount and a $25 coupon. Hoping for at least $250 or less. September is normally a lower month. The only direction the prices are going are up. Anyone have a better than $25 coupon?

My rates dropped about $50 for mid SUV Sept 29-Oct 4. Now at $253. FINALLY. Alamo using Costco Travel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!