September 2019 Car Rental Thread

While checking Budget, I found a minivan for my dates (Sept 19-25) for $208 using BCD R899700 which was one of the deals on the website. A standard SUV was this price as well; everything else was higher. Not what I was looking for but seems like maybe an okay price for a minivan for 6 days.

The Alamo rates haven't changed for what I'm looking for but I did notice that the minivans aren't much higher than most of the lesser cars.

Hoping Alamo comes down as I prefer them and then I can avoid going to the counter, It came down to 296 for the minivan, which is 12 more than budget. I snagged it just in case

Last edited:

My Alamo dropped $60 with costco & $25 coupon 9/27-10/3 is down to $210. $23 higher then the Budget deal earlier this week, but Alamo is always such a breeze well worth it.

Alamo dropped to $223, so I dumped my Budget $215. (I like choosing my car).

Sept 29-Oct 4, Mid SUV, Costco Travel.

Some Alamo coupons don’t work on standards. Here’s one that I think works. AD2823JAZ. I think AD3868JST is the one that doesn’t like standards.

Thank you for sharing this coupon. It doesn’t work for my dates but I will keep trying. Just to clarify, my current Alamo rate is actually for a mid-size with an upgrade to standard (and thus to full size) using code au2993sdr.

My latest rate is $177 for a minivan, 9/18-25, Dollar via Car Rental Savers. That's $100 less than the best rate I could find two weeks ago (and much, much less than what I was seeing a few months back). I am still hoping Alamo will follow suit and drop rates more like I'm seeing from Budget and Dollar because I strongly prefer Alamo. Still very happy to see downward movement in my rate, regardless of agency!

Dollar has their one day sale of 25% off today only with promo code
but it's not lower than my current reservations with enterprise and alamo. Hopefully it helps someone else though!

Dollar has their one day sale of 25% off today only with promo code
but it's not lower than my current reservations with enterprise and alamo. Hopefully it helps someone else though!

I was just going to post this. Saved me another $21. Down to $133 for a mid size.

Agreed, plus we have had some shady sales practices at the MCO desk. I shaved off some more on my Dollar rental, down to $146, but would prefer another company.

Ugh. This is why I go out of my way to never have to go to a rental counter. I know there are some cases where you have to do this, but if there is anyway to avoid the rental counter, go that route.

Ugh. This is why I go out of my way to never have to go to a rental counter. I know there are some cases where you have to do this, but if there is anyway to avoid the rental counter, go that route.
Same here, I do whatever I can to check in online or go to a kiosk and avoid humans lol

Do you know about the Sunpass visitor program. https://www.visitortollpass.com

I got my own SunPass a few years ago, but the new visitor program seems pretty convenient.
Interesting program. I got a sunpass years ago too since I end up going so often. But for the occasional visitor, this is a really good idea vs the rental car program where they literally rob you. I believe I've heard FL is trying to get rid of all the cash boxes & booth operators, so one of these two options are going to be forced upon visitors soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter