September 2019 Car Rental Thread

For any Canadians - our dates are Sept. 17-24 and I have been watching Costcotravel.ca on the daily. Booked a car yesterday for $219 USD, was happy for that. Logged in this morning and got Economy for 188 from Budget or Intermediate SUV for $207 from the same. Alamos prices are dropping as well.

Logged into Costco this morning. Price hadn't changed but they are offering a $20 Costco cash card for Alamo and Enterprise for full size or larger rentals. So I changed my standard to full size for $3 more and will get the $20 card back. Act quick because you only have 8/12-8/16 to book.

Interesting program. I got a sunpass years ago too since I end up going so often. But for the occasional visitor, this is a really good idea vs the rental car program where they literally rob you. I believe I've heard FL is trying to get rid of all the cash boxes & booth operators, so one of these two options are going to be forced upon visitors soon.

I just recently bought a SunPass transponder. Like you, we go often and so many times the cash booth at Osceola is not working, so I have to report it. We have friends who use the transponder successfully on their rental so figured we’d try. We have been cruising with dvc stays before and after, so lots of time on 417 and 528.

Yesterday I booked a minivan on Alamo for 11 days for $305 ($299 for Costco). Today it’s backup to $394. I’ll always pay a little more to rent Alamo or National

@n2mm Check your Alamo reservation through Costco, my September prices finally came down this morning.

Thanks, no change for me. Still $281 full size or $305 for minivan 11 days. We pickup on August 30th, drop off September 10.

Are you all renting from certain cities through Costco? The cheapest I can find for a minivan on Costco with budget for 9 nights is $436

Just booked a minivan through Alamo for $294 for 11 nights out if mco. Used passholder code (lower than Costco) plus a $25 coupon.

My standard/full with Alamo today is at $262 for 11 day rental. Used passholder code and $25 coupon. Passholder code was cheaper than Costco code. I still have a minivan at $294 too. Just have to decide which I want. I leave in 2 weeks. It’s only 4 of us, but 4 suitcases too.

Anyone seeing any drop in prices?
My Alamo STD SUV is down to $195 9/27-10/3. That's about normal for my 1wk trips.

But my Nov is still wayyyyy to high although it's moved lower in the last week.

Anyone seeing any drop in prices?
Starting 9/28 for a week,

Alamo midsize APH & $25 dropped to $161

Thrifty (their insider program with free 2nd driver) & 12% off deal on website, SUV $148

Even though we’ve rented from Thrifty a few times in the past with no issues, probably will cancel & stick with Alamo & hope for SUV on aisle.

Alamo has dropped twice in the last few days but only a total drop of about $10.

I'm still not getting any value out of $25 coupons that I've tried. What coupon is working for others? Can it be because I have a 6-day rental and not a full week? I don't get a message stating the coupon is not valid; just no difference in the discounted amount whether I use the coupon or not.

Alamo has dropped twice in the last few days but only a total drop of about $10.

I'm still not getting any value out of $25 coupons that I've tried. What coupon is working for others? Can it be because I have a 6-day rental and not a full week? I don't get a message stating the coupon is not valid; just no difference in the discounted amount whether I use the coupon or not.

Yep, none of the $25 coupons work for me. My rental is 7.5 days. The one class upgrade coupon does though.

My rate with Alamo has dropped $24 this past week. I am at $196 now.

I’ve been adding coupon AD2824JAR successfully. If you’re selecting a standard car, I’ve noticed some coupons don’t work on standard. Plus you often have to have a Saturday night stay.

Rental down again...Im down to 177 for 17-24. Pickup truck but thats fine by me!
Just something to consider......
I also have the good rate popping up on the pickup truck. MY DH works in the auto industry so I asked him what it might cost to fill the gas tank and if the Frontier(which is what is showing up) is heavy on gas. He said yes very heavy on gas. He said to consider what we would be saving on the rate we will probably spend that and more on gas.

OK...just scored killer airfare on Frontier & booked a trip on Monday! Coming on 9/11...so I need to get my hiney in gear and find a great car price now. Writing down all these code & guess I'll spend my afternoon hunting.

:thanks:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter