*September 2019 Check-In*

Just saw on another thread that they’ve opened up Plaza Inn MSEP packages. No details or reviews yet since it just launched. Booked it for the last night of our trip and we will watch for reviews and feedback.
There is a review on another thread- dining packages for MSEP? Reviews were on page 2. There was a picture of the food. I booked it based on the feedback on the thread.

Last edited:
Hi all! I’m heading to Disneyland for my first trip for my 40th birthday! We will be there the 4-7 and staying at the residence inn by the convention center. I wanted to stay at DH but realized we’d be in the parks exploring most of the time so decided to save the money. We’ve gotten to where we spend more time at the hotel at WDW because we’ve been so much but I want to get to know Disneyland as much as I can in the little time we have.

So the park will be decorated Halloween on the 6th and Halloween merch available that day?

Excited to go 1-5 Sep! We haven’t been in 9 years (due to moves). Thrilled to see our old favorites and the new additions. Sad to see HM closed for the makeover but we could get lucky if they finish early. Please please please let them finish early. GO team HM makeover!!!

Still keeping my eye on ride closures for our trip. Looks like the Mark Twain is now going to be closed starting 9/23. 2 rides down while we are there, hoping that's all of them!

Excited to go 1-5 Sep! We haven’t been in 9 years (due to moves). Thrilled to see our old favorites and the new additions. Sad to see HM closed for the makeover but we could get lucky if they finish early. Please please please let them finish early. GO team HM makeover!!!
Can I add you to the list on the first page? Where are you staying, if you don’t mind saying?

Checking the disneyland calendar today and noticed that 9/13 is listed as "reservation unavailable" for the disney flex annual pass. Its not my week but anyone know why? I think yesterday was the 30 day mark so it filled up reservations in just one day? Only thing I could possibly think of is the Anaheim Home and Garden convention that weekend. Also none of the park crowd predictor sites have 9/13 any busier than the norm for the season. Just seems kinda random...

Checking the disneyland calendar today and noticed that 9/13 is listed as "reservation unavailable" for the disney flex annual pass. Its not my week but anyone know why? I think yesterday was the 30 day mark so it filled up reservations in just one day? Only thing I could possibly think of is the Anaheim Home and Garden convention that weekend. Also none of the park crowd predictor sites have 9/13 any busier than the norm for the season. Just seems kinda random...
The 30 day placeholder doesn’t disappear until 7:00am PST. It now shows available on 9/13.

I just got an email from Disney saying the 15% off on select rooms at Disneyland hotel has been extended to September 26th, Sun-Thurs nights. We have three rooms booked Wed-Sunday, so it only applies to us for two nights. But I called and got right on with a CM, and had it adjusted; saved a goodly chunk of change. I feel better about booking there, now. When I booked the prices weren't so bad as they are now anyway.

Well, after severe hotel indecisiveness, countless hours of researching, nail biting, and booking more hotel reservations than I care to admit, I finally caved and booked at the Paradise Pier Hotel, and I’m now very excited about it!

It’s a bit more than the priciest off site hotel, but not by much (much more reasonable than DLH). And I really liked the idea of staying by Downtown Disney and not having to use the Harbor security.

And I don’t think the walk will be any worse than some of the off site hotels on my list.

I also liked the idea of being able to charge to the room as well as the early hour in the parks (for DCA especially).

Whew! I can finally rest and look forward to this trip now! :banana:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!