*September 2019 Check-In*

Was it 11 months to the day? I tried to rent pts for a studio there last week with no luck. Just wondering for the future.
I'm a VGC owner. For studios, rent as close to 11 months as you can. There are popular periods they book quickly. You can still find a lot of dates between 11-7 months, but once 7 months hits, all studios are booked immediately by other DVC members.

Oh, sorry. I scored a studio villa at The Grand by renting points 11 months in advance. It will be our first time staying there so we are super duper excited.

SO jealous!! We tried renting for Sept 24-27th and by December had to move up to a 1 bed, and then by February even all the 1 beds were booked. So we decided to cancel and booked DLH through a travel agent friend instead.

I think it was a few days before the 11 month mark as they told me they had to wait until the 11 month mark, then I was in que and had to wait 6-8 weeks before I had a confirmation.

I just decided today to book a trip! We just visited in December and took our 4 year old for the first time which was very magical! But it was also a lot different than we are used to. I’m going to surprise my husband with a birthday trip to Universal because we haven’t been together and we love Harry Potter. I figured we can’t be that close to Disneyland and not go so we are going to do 2 days September 18th and 19th (no kids). Hoping Star Wars land will have calmed down a little by then but it might not be the case if one of the rides isn’t opening until later in the year. In December we stayed at Desert Inn and Suites but haven’t decided on a place this time. Want something close and cheap again but not sure if we want to try something new.

Dh and I will be driving down to Anaheim from the Bay Area on Friday September 6 (We'll probably get in about midnight). Will head back Wednesday September 11.
It's been a little while....what are the timelines for reserving special events? How does FP work now? What's going on with Downtown Disney??

I really need to educate myself.

We'll be staying at Peacock Suites. I have RCI points expiring, so we were lucky to get an exchange. We wanted October, but I guess you take what you can get!

My wife and I are booked into the Fairytale Suite at the Disneyland Hotel 4 days the second week of September 2019. We have never been in a Disneyland Hotel Suite before. Really looking forward to it. We have been to WDW and DL many times before, too many to list. We have stayed at WDW as long as 30 days. That took some creative booking. Also Disney Cruise Lines. Twice on the Dream in a concierge stateroom, 2 room suite, double veranda. That was a nice room!
We were wondering if anyone has ever stayed in a specialty suite at DLH and could tell us what we can ask of our concierge host above and beyond normal requests? We have learned from the cruises that you have to ask and you need to know what your asking for. We of course know that somethings have costs associated with them and we expect that. But what we are mostly interested in are the little known things like VIP Seating, Backstage Access, Golden Fast Pass, (yes that's a thing!). So if you have requested something unusual from a Disney cast member and have received it we would love to hear about it.

... How does FP work now?..

Regular FP works the way it always did, but you no longer get a paper FP from the machines. You get a paper reminder slip. The FP itself is attached to your ticket which you can see in the app. You will scan your ticket (paper or via the app) at the return line. MP is currently $15/day and allows you to get FPs using your smartphone, instead of going to the machines. This thread has great information: www.disboards.com/threads/maxpass-fastpass-an-overview-and-some-strategy.3726246/.

Really hoping that Disneyland Hotel will have a discount show up sometime in July, like they have in the past, so we can get an adjustment and a bit off our stay there. I'm wondering if that will happen, since they may not see the need to discount the room prices this year due to an expected uptick in attendance.

I'm planning on going around 9/24-29.
Want to try the Halloween Party but am not sure which park it will be held at!
I also want to do Universal's Halloween Horror Nights AND Knotts Scary Farm.
Not sure if I can squeeze that all in together in 5 days because the Halloween event dates vary, but I have my fingers crossed :O

Hello everyone!

I’ll be going to my first ever Disneyland trip from September 10th to 24th! I’m at Discovery Inn, a few nights joined by the fantastic Vala :)

We will be in the parks Sept 15-20. I love the parks during Halloween time and I was planning to try to attend a party. We have never been to a Halloween party at DL, but have been to two of them at DCA, so I think we will pass on the party this year. What do you all think about the party dates and changes?

We'll be starting new Annual Passes on September 13 to 15 for my niece's birthday, staying at VGC! Although we'll have two teens this trip so they'll probably ditch us boring adults half the time ... haven't been to the parks since 2018, so will be very excited to start a Disney year again.

Halloween party details have been posted in the halloween thread. Basically it's moved to DCA and will be tues, thurs, and sun. I don't think we'll buy tickets since there's much less we like to do there currently (and we'll have APs then too). But it makes me kinda nervous about the effect on DLR on party nights! :scared:

DH and I will be doing a quick DL trip Sept 8-12. We’ve been to WDW many times but thisnwill be our first time at DL. I’m super excited. We’ve not settled on a hotel yet. We’d love to stay at VGC in a studio...but the trip was somewhat last minute so we missed any booking window we might have. I’ll post the hotel once we’re set!

My dates keep going back between September and October. Time is running out because I want to buy our Halloween party tickets in a couple of days. Looks like the top dates of the 21st-25th are going to be best for us.

Aaand with the party details now public, looks like we're going to change our trip--possibly to earlier September, but more likely to late winter, when we've taken past trips.

We just feel that DCA doesn't offer enough (that our kids will like) to justify the party tickets, and going to a DLR party was one of our motivations for choosing late September. We did suspect they were likely to change it this year and thought we might still go, but now the extra expense is a little tougher to justify.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!