SEPTEMBER 2019 ROLL CALL.......

New addition... Sunday Sept 8 - Thursday Sept 12 - A No Kids Trip! Staying offsite (DT currently booked but may move to HI).

Few questions for those who have been in September (we Disney yearly but 1st time Universal)...

Will City Walk and/or Resort restaurant/bars be "lively" after park closings this time of year? Like 7pm-10pm? I'm concerned because we will have M-W nights and it's a low crowd period (hopefully).

Also, since we are staying offsite can someone please confirm we can get into resort restaurants/bars, but NOT pools? Are there any of bar/pool combos we could get into?

Welcome Alli…...got you added!!!

You can visit all the hotels and use their restaurants and bars, but not the pools. Hotel guests only.

Citywalk can be lively every night, but Monday to Wednesday will be alright....

Restaurants will be at their busiest when the park closes, so if there`s anywhere you really want to eat in, make a reservation a few days ahead or same day, or eat slightly earlier or later.

New addition... Sunday Sept 8 - Thursday Sept 12 - A No Kids Trip!

Also, since we are staying offsite can someone please confirm we can get into resort restaurants/bars, but NOT pools? Are there any of bar/pool combos we could get into?
The onsite hotels are open to the public for their restaurants and shops and lounges/ bars

Pools are for hotel guests

Feel free to check out the hotels and their grounds
You might discover it will be a place you want to book in the future

Ok, we are paid in full so maybe it’s safe to announce the final decision...
9/19-22 RPR King CL

Notice my disclaimer 😊

lol......I see the word "maybe" in there......

Have updated you now...….will be happy to change again if you do decide to go elsewhere...... ::yes::

Hey @Shumigirl can you update me pleaseeee. I added another day and now not checking out until Tuesday. 9/19 - 9/24 at SF. If anybody is there during that time feel free to let me know so we can meet up for a drink..or 10!

lol......I see the word "maybe" in there......

Have updated you now...….will be happy to change again if you do decide to go elsewhere...... ::yes::
Thank you!!! I can’t wait! I just received an update email from HHN...new house announcement? Off to look :)

Hey @Shumigirl can you update me pleaseeee. I added another day and now not checking out until Tuesday. 9/19 - 9/24 at SF. If anybody is there during that time feel free to let me know so we can meet up for a drink..or 10!

No problems......all done...and congrats on the extra night, always a good thing :thumbsup2

We`ll be there during that time.....I know we are busy 21st and 22nd but hopefully we can manage a quick hello and hopefully a drink at some point...…

It`s difficult I know......people have plans and it`s a busy time......but fingers crossed.

Thank you!!! I can’t wait! I just received an update email from HHN...new house announcement? Off to look :)

Yes, I saw that earlier...….not sure what to think about that one as the film didn't appeal to us.....but may work nicely as a house of course.....good concept!!!

Yes, I saw that earlier...….not sure what to think about that one as the film didn't appeal to us.....but may work nicely as a house of course.....good concept!!!
I’m totally unfamiliar, but like you said...good be an awesome house

We are going on an adults only trip 9/19-9/22. Edit to add: staying off site at Embassy Suites I-Drive 360. My husband had Hilton points and we love their breakfast.

We are doing Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party 9/20, but will be at Universal the remainder of our time.

We aren't sure if we want to get 2 day park-to-park tickets or one of the annual passes--we just aren't sure if we will be back in the next year. Our girls are still little (six and under) and we haven't done a family trip to Universal because it would just mean splitting up all day long.

I'm considering doing HHN (we've never done it) because I LOVE theming, but I'm also really chicken when it comes to haunted houses. I watched a Tim Tracker video tonight and there are just tons of people jumping out at you every step of the way--yikes! If we do it, I'd do a tour for sure, as I have zero interest in waiting in 60-100 minute lines. If anyone does a private tour 9/19 or 9/21...let me know!

Last edited:
Those are our dates too. I was a complete chicken my first HHN in 2017, like cried coming out of two of the houses BUT I’m completely addicted. So I’m going to suggest you try it of course 😉

We are officially back on. We are arriving at 6am on 9/16 and staying til 9/20. We're at the Boardwalk at WDW the first day, I want to go to Food and Wine and in the September swamp weather I prefer to have a nearby escape from the heat of the day and the invitable 4pm monsoon. After that we'll be at the PBH for all the things Universal.

Last edited:
We are officially back on. We are arriving at 6am on 9/16 and staying til 9/20. We're at the Boardwalk at WDW the first day, I want to go to Food and Wine and in the heat I prefer to have a nearby escape from the heat of the day and the invitable 4pm monsoon. After that we'll be at the PBH for all the things Universal.

Glad to hear it`s all back on…...I`ve adjusted your dates in the first post.....

We are going on an adults only trip 9/19-9/22. Edit to add: staying off site at Embassy Suites I-Drive 360. My husband had Hilton points and we love their breakfast.

We are doing Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party 9/20, but will be at Universal the remainder of our time.

We aren't sure if we want to get 2 day park-to-park tickets or one of the annual passes--we just aren't sure if we will be back in the next year. Our girls are still little (six and under) and we haven't done a family trip to Universal because it would just mean splitting up all day long.

I'm considering doing HHN (we've never done it) because I LOVE theming, but I'm also really chicken when it comes to haunted houses. I watched a Tim Tracker video tonight and there are just tons of people jumping out at you every step of the way--yikes! If we do it, I'd do a tour for sure, as I have zero interest in waiting in 60-100 minute lines. If anyone does a private tour 9/19 or 9/21...let me know!

Got you added in BadgerGirl…...

You do the right thing looking for a tour....if not consider the EP.....it`s worth it`s weight in gold!! We won`t wait in anything like those lines either. But fingers crossed you get your tour!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter