September 2019 - where to stay!

ray3127

Life goal = Quarterly vacation
Any help/thoughts on where to stay September 2019?

Here's our 2019 plan:
- June, 4 nights at BCV with kids
- September, 4 nights somewhere, no kids
- December/January, 9 nights split, BLT & BCV

The September trip came about because we decided on APs with the other two trips, and now we are DVC members and "we have the points, why not use them..." But we aren't sure where to stay.

Dates are Sept. 20-24 (firm), so 7 months out is approaching. With just me & DW, only a studio is needed. We own at BCV & BLT, and are booked at BCV (which is no longer available). It's 62 points.

All along I thought we'd switch at 7 months, because (1) variety, and (2) no kids. When the kids are with, walking to/from parks is a must. Since they aren't with us and we are staying at BCV two other times during the year, we wanted to mix it up.

Initial thoughts were VGF, Poly, or BWV, with VGF being the priority (never stay there, always wanted to). Availability looked like it would hold up for us in premium view rooms, but checked this morning and VGF was suddenly all chopped up. It looks like our dates are hopeless there.

The other two *should* have availability come Feb. 20, at least for Lake View at Poly and Garden/Pool View at BWV (although there are signs at each that we might not get them, either). Assuming they are available, Poly would be 88 points, while BWV would be 62.

We could get a 1BR almost anywhere, but I don't want to spend that many points for space we truly don't need. We also aren't too interested in non-monorail or Epcot-area resorts yet... we'll get there eventually, but they aren't priorities right now.

My heart is saying grab Poly (if possible) and waitlist VGF, despite the extra point cost, to make it 'different' than a trip with the kids.

To complicate matters, in Disney's earnings call this past week the CFO said that SWGE will be open "by the end of the fiscal year".... that means by September 30 for Disney. So it is quite possible SWGE will be open when we are there. And while it may be a madhouse, we would definitely want to be there. If that's the case we would really appreciate being able to walk to SWGE instead of needing to bus over. So maybe just stick with BCV, or switch to BWV?

One other note: F&W is of no interest to us. Zero. So that is not a factor!

Your thoughts and suggestions are appreciated!

As you probably already know, VGF is pretty well booked already for September. Poly still has availability for the whole month (or at least they did last night). So I think what your heart says sounds like a good idea. Otherwise, maybe I'll see you at BCV. I'm also a BCV owner booked for 9/16-9/25, but at 7 months, I want to split it into a split stay, splitting BCV with a monorail resort. Partly because of availability and partly because I hear it's so pretty, I'm leaning towards Poly too.

As you probably already know, VGF is pretty well booked already for September. Poly still has availability for the whole month (or at least they did last night). So I think what your heart says sounds like a good idea. Otherwise, maybe I'll see you at BCV. I'm also a BCV owner booked for 9/16-9/25, but at 7 months, I want to split it into a split stay, splitting BCV with a monorail resort. Partly because of availability and partly because I hear it's so pretty, I'm leaning towards Poly too.
Sounds good! Sometimes I need to write it out to make sure my plan makes sense. I also like posting to make sure I'm not missing anything. Sounds like we have a decent plan though.

You should be okay over at BLT if you want to do a Lake View, too. But maybe we'll see you at Poly!

With just me & DW, only a studio is needed.
I'd say do Poly. You will be there during food and wine so an easy monorail ride back to the resort. Plus you have trader sams you can try out late night seeing that there are not kids. VGF studios likely won't be available - slim shot if you are on right at 8am. Poly you should have better luck.

With Food & Wine, I'd stay at BCV. Then you can walk to and from the festival.

If VGF isn't available, I would go for Poly. I love being able to watch the MK fireworks from the beach. I love being so close to the TTC and the monorail.

In Sept, SWGE most likely won't be open to the public, but it might be in previews or soft openings (this is all personal speculation, I have no insider information to confirm this), so being at BWV might be a good option if you want to partake in those activities. BWV is a bit closer, and if you've never stayed there, it might be a good time to try it without the kiddos.

Have a great trip!

I know it wasn’t on your list but we love SSR in September. The parks close early that time of year and we end up at DS most nights. We enjoy dinner and then an easy walk back to our room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter