**September 2019**

Jumping aboard. Sept 15th ASMovies, Sept. 16th OKW and Sept. 24th to 26th GF Club Level. Myself and Leander grabbed DDP and managed to get all ADRs at first attempt.
Added to roll call :)

Flu has been going around the house and I am lazily spending my morning with the kids watching some Disney videos on youtube. My 10 & 12 yo are basically making their snack wishlist while my 3 yo asks 'can we go there to Dizzy now?' over and over and over lol I told her we can go in August and she said 'um, let's go Tuesday' ;)

Added to roll call :)

Flu has been going around the house and I am lazily spending my morning with the kids watching some Disney videos on youtube. My 10 & 12 yo are basically making their snack wishlist while my 3 yo asks 'can we go there to Dizzy now?' over and over and over lol I told her we can go in August and she said 'um, let's go Tuesday' ;)

She has the right idea! I concur!

I've been filling my wait (very impatiently) by making similar wish lists of all the food I want to eat and new-to-me experiences that have been added to the parks since the last time I was there. It's making me sooo impatient to see F&W menus, though. I just want to see all the delicious food I'll be eating in September!

So just got a TP crowd Tracker and hours update email, the ONLY night that should have had evening EMH at MK during my trip has been moved to a morning EMH. :mad: Not happy right now, not at all.

So just got a TP crowd Tracker and hours update email, the ONLY night that should have had evening EMH at MK during my trip has been moved to a morning EMH. :mad: Not happy right now, not at all.
That stinks :| I keep waiting to see an update on DHS and what they are doing for EMH.

We added a day to the beginning of our trip ( gotta love the ability to switch flights on Southwest )- this will give us an extra day. Going to avoid HS Friday - Monday since this will be only the 2nd weekend of Star Wars ( which we have no interest in )- Had to switch up some ADRs but all seems to be working out okay. I think they probably will extend HS hours and maybe do two Fantasmics ( to help balance out crowds ), gotta wait and see. Also might have to do a little bit of a juggle based on the Eat to the Beat concerts ( if there is something we want to see ). Also looking for final Illuminations date and possible dessert party ( depending on what show is going on ).

So, I was told that we are adding more days like two seperate vacations with my bio dad, grandma, then later my mom and stepdad! And because we are now bringing my grandma, we are no longer going to be staying at the campsite instead~ grandma, niece, sister and I are moving over to Wilderness Lodge. I'm super worried I will be so tired of being on vacation later though. We literally are doing 5 nights at WL, then 6 nights at ASSR so... yay!

Biggest problem? By the time my viewers, and other family get in, I am worried I'll be like tired of going all over the place and I won't show them a good time. :( I know their happiness is not my responsibility but I worry. I'll also be livestreaming the whole trip because I can't not work for 2 weeks.

So, I was told that we are adding more days like two seperate vacations with my bio dad, grandma, then later my mom and stepdad! And because we are now bringing my grandma, we are no longer going to be staying at the campsite instead~ grandma, niece, sister and I are moving over to Wilderness Lodge. I'm super worried I will be so tired of being on vacation later though. We literally are doing 5 nights at WL, then 6 nights at ASSR so... yay!

Biggest problem? By the time my viewers, and other family get in, I am worried I'll be like tired of going all over the place and I won't show them a good time. :( I know their happiness is not my responsibility but I worry. I'll also be livestreaming the whole trip because I can't not work for 2 weeks.

Livestreaming the whole time would take so much of the fun out of it for me, but if you are used to it I am sure it is different, and even better if it generates income I suppose - would just not feel like a vacation if you were worried about making sure to promote yourself or something. When you mention your viewers you just mean streaming and not that you are actually going to be hanging with them right? Maybe try to keep part of the trip purely vacation and not worry about social media for that part so it might actually feel like a vacation.

DW an I going 9/4 to 9/9. Staying at the Polynesian Villas for the first time and hoping we don’t get overrun by Star Wars fans on our HS day:teeth:

Livestreaming the whole time would take so much of the fun out of it for me, but if you are used to it I am sure it is different, and even better if it generates income I suppose - would just not feel like a vacation if you were worried about making sure to promote yourself or something. When you mention your viewers you just mean streaming and not that you are actually going to be hanging with them right? Maybe try to keep part of the trip purely vacation and not worry about social media for that part so it might actually feel like a vacation.

Yeah, I have already made a rule with myself that hotel times, table service times and most of the quick service times are no filming times. Since we are going to two parties, one party I'm okay with filming but the other I want to just take in without worrying about viewers. And generally since the trip is so long, I plan on only doing half days every day. What is going to be very nice about streaming this event is it isn't like other vloggers cameras, it's a literal backpack with a camera perched on my shoulder so I won't have to hold anything. Viewers will get a POV view instead. Also... viewers will be watching via livestream but ALSO I have a few viewers who live in the area who will meet up with us in the parks, and I have a few viewers who paid to come as well. So there will be REAL viewers with me along with my family. Gonna be crazy and fun.

Just found this thread yesterday! My family ( myself, my wife, 2 sons 11, 8, and daughter 2) will be going Sept 16-21 an staying at Art of Animation in a Cars suite.
This will be my first trip since I was 5(other than a grad night, one night in 02) and I’ll be 36 and everyone else’s first trip. We are all so excited and watching all the youtubers makes me want To go now ( but you know, responsibilities like work and bills). I highly suspect that we will be going back at least every other year after this trip.

Just found this thread yesterday! My family ( myself, my wife, 2 sons 11, 8, and daughter 2) will be going Sept 16-21 an staying at Art of Animation in a Cars suite.
This will be my first trip since I was 5(other than a grad night, one night in 02) and I’ll be 36 and everyone else’s first trip. We are all so excited and watching all the youtubers makes me want To go now ( but you know, responsibilities like work and bills). I highly suspect that we will be going back at least every other year after this trip.
Warning - IT IS ADDICTIVE! My first trip ever was in December 2018 at 35 years old and we booked almost as soon as we got home for September 2019! I hope you enjoy it!

Added!
And @evlaina is right, it is addictive! We went for our 'once in a lifetime, maybe one of two' trips in 2006. Then 2009, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2018....

Not sure if it is true or not but I just read that September 30th is the last night of Illuminations. Will update when I see a reputable source.

I just saw that too.... Good, something else to make the crowd levels rise even more while I'm there lol

ETA: Sorry for sounding like a whiny baby. Still not fully over the SW early opening for what I thought would be a less crowded trip lol

Last edited:
I just saw that too.... Good, something else to make the crowd levels rise even more while I'm there lol
We’re at Epcot on the 30th. I’m debating if we should stay to watch the last night, or go another night to see the new show. We only have 1 night planned for Epcot since there are so many other nighttime things to see (Fantasmic, Pandora/Rivers of Light, HEA, MNSSHP, and the new nighttime show at Hollywood Studios). What are you planning on doing?

I highly suspect that we will be going back at least every other year after this trip.

We planned on originally going every other year. This will be our 3rd trip in 3 years. No complaints here. Also believe I saw you over in the DAD's clubhouse? Welcome to the club btw.

September 30th is the last night of Illuminations.

Watched the live stream last night hoping they would announce the date. Glad the rumors I heard of the date were correct, the only reason for this trip is to see the last showing.

We’re at Epcot on the 30th. I’m debating if we should stay to watch the last night, or go another night to see the new show. We only have 1 night planned for Epcot since there are so many other nighttime things to see (Fantasmic, Pandora/Rivers of Light, HEA, MNSSHP, and the new nighttime show at Hollywood Studios). What are you planning on doing?

I have no idea. My son woke me up at 1am and then I was awake for the next two hours trying to figure out the best plan lol. We originally had planned two nights at EPCOT, the 30th and 1st, doing F&W one night and a sit down the other night. But now those are probably the two days I'll want to avoid EPCOT altogether so not sure what to do. We're at MK on 9/29 so maybe we'll try EPCOT that night, but it's a Sunday so will be more crowded for F&W. Decisions, decisions lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter