September 2024 Check In Thread

PineappleSky

Earning My Ears
Alright Disneyland Fans! Who else is going this September? We just booked our trip for the 3rd week of September to October 1st doing 5 days in the park and waiting for those Oogie Boogie Night tickets to go on sale. We are very much looking forward to the characters in costume, the Halloween food and merch, the Nightmare Before Christmas Haunted Mansion overlay and so much more. If you have your trip booked, planned and want to get excited with me here and countdown to the fun, lets do it!

We're going in early September and I can't wait. Hoping to get Oogie Boogie Bash tickets but it will still be fun if we don't get them. We haven't been to Disneyland since late February 2020.

We're going in early September and I can't wait. Hoping to get Oogie Boogie Bash tickets but it will still be fun if we don't get them. We haven't been to Disneyland since late February 2020.
We are waiting on Oogie Boogie tickets too. They came out in July last year, so hopefully in the next couple of months we will get more info on when they will actually be on sale. From what I do hear they sell out fast within a day or even a few hours potentially so be ready. At least this is what I have been reading by different sources.

I haven't been to DL since 2018 and this is a bucket list item for us. We are so excited. I am excited for you too :)

We are going in Sept too! First trip for my adult son, daughter-in-law and their 4 kids!! Can't wait. We are also hoping for Oogie Boogie tickets. Do all dates sell out? I didn't realize that we might not get the tickets so now I'm a bit stressed!!

We will be there for 5 days in mid September as well.

I think we are going to skip the Oogie Boogie Bash though. We've done the Mickey's Halloween party a couple of times and are good on missing out this time. We don't need the candy and we've met with the characters before. We'll just use that time to do rides in Disneyland.

We're super excited to be staying at the Grand Californian for the 1st time. We'll definitely be making use of the early entry.

We are going in Sept too! First trip for my adult son, daughter-in-law and their 4 kids!! Can't wait. We are also hoping for Oogie Boogie tickets. Do all dates sell out? I didn't realize that we might not get the tickets so now I'm a bit stressed!!
I think the tickets are going on sale in July at least that is what I read. Last year they came out in June. Just keep researching a date and be prepared to be on your computer at midnight getting tickets. I heard they can sell out in a couple of hours or a day. Don't quote me on that but ive at least heard this from a couple of sources.

All dates sell out. Tickets go fast.

Disney tried a new way of selling tickets to Star Wars After Dark. From what I've heard, it seemed to work well. Maybe they will try it for OBB as well.

You might read through last year's super thread to get an idea of the process. Ticket buying experiences start on page 5.

We're visiting from the UK in the second week of September.
Now imagine trying to buy Oogie Boogie tickets from overseas!

Starting to plan Sept 9-13 for my 50th Birthday. First trip to Disneyland, have been to Florida parks many times. Hoping for Oogie Boogie Bash tickets as well, but can't wait for those to announce\go on sale to start getting things booked.

All dates sell out. Tickets go fast.

Disney tried a new way of selling tickets to Star Wars After Dark. From what I've heard, it seemed to work well. Maybe they will try it for OBB as well.

You might read through last year's super thread to get an idea of the process. Ticket buying experiences start on page 5.
From what I gather, unless there have been additional changes made behind the scenes, what Disney rolled out for Star Wars After Dark was a method of queuing that notifies a user via email when they are towards the end of the queue (about 10 minutes from being able to purchase). Maybe it's just because last year's OBB tickets were such a colossal disaster, but I'm not using the Star Wars ticket sale as an example that anything will go smoother this year with OBB tickets - from what I've heard, there are still tickets for sale for most dates, so it doesn't seem like there is the same level of demand for the Star Wars event, which means there wasn't the same strain on the system that other more popular events (like OBB) have. I think Disney either needs to increase the price of the Bash tickets, or add additional dates.

I think the tickets are going on sale in July at least that is what I read. Last year they came out in June. Just keep researching a date and be prepared to be on your computer at midnight getting tickets. I heard they can sell out in a couple of hours or a day. Don't quote me on that but ive at least heard this from a couple of sources.

FYI, tickets for OBB never go on sale at midnight. Like other ticketed events, the go on sale at 9 AM Pacific Standard Time.

From what I gather, unless there have been additional changes made behind the scenes, what Disney rolled out for Star Wars After Dark was a method of queuing that notifies a user via email when they are towards the end of the queue (about 10 minutes from being able to purchase). Maybe it's just because last year's OBB tickets were such a colossal disaster, but I'm not using the Star Wars ticket sale as an example that anything will go smoother this year with OBB tickets - from what I've heard, there are still tickets for sale for most dates, so it doesn't seem like there is the same level of demand for the Star Wars event, which means there wasn't the same strain on the system that other more popular events (like OBB) have. I think Disney either needs to increase the price of the Bash tickets, or add additional dates.
I agree. I thought maybe the email to get back in line might prevent the site from crashing.

I didn't try to purchase SW tickets. Was it limited to one email that was affiliated with a Disney account? If so, that would stop people from being in multiple queues, right?

I'll be out there the 5th to the 8th or 9th for the 10k! I'm hoping for OBB tickets too. Right now I'm thinking through how to make a haunted mansion ballroom dancer inspire outfit out of active wear 😅

Will be in the parks September 14th! This is our first time visiting at this time of year, so we are looking forward to it!

I'll be there Sept. 15-18 for my birthday. Haven't been to DL in a few years but since I'm relocating to CA in Sept, this is easier than WDW. Staying in DL DVC. Definitely excited about that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter