September 27th, 2018 - 7 Night Canada Cruise from Quebec

I'm really curious how the first day works, since we don't actually leave port until 4:45pm on the 2nd day. I haven't seen any Quebec City excursions listed on DCL.
I called and talked to someone about it, it is kind of an added bonus. Get to spent the night on the ship while touring an extra day of Quebec.

Just booked; will be on board for our anniversary. Planning to spend at least two days in Quebec pre-cruise and a few days in NYC after. We're empty nesters, DVC, platinum on DCL.

Been to Halifax before but the other Canadian ports will be new. Looking forward to it.

Just booked; will be on board for our anniversary. Planning to spend at least two days in Quebec pre-cruise and a few days in NYC after. We're empty nesters, DVC, platinum on DCL.

Been to Halifax before but the other Canadian ports will be new. Looking forward to it.

Happy Anniversary!
We are also empty nesters. It's been fun so far!
We are driving up two days before the embarkation as well.
Should be a great trip!

Hi shipmates! This will be our youngest daughter's 1st Disney cruise. We cruise with other lines, but keep DCL special by taking each daughter on a solo sailing w/ Mommy and Daddy when they're old enough to go into the Oceaneer Club. Well the baby is finally turning 3 so here we go! This is #5 for us also so we'll FINALLY hit Gold! Yay!

Is anyone interested in Fish Extender Exchange? We've participated before and would love to do it again.

Last edited:
Hi shipmates! This will be our youngest daughter's 1st Disney cruise. We cruise with other lines, but keep DCL special by taking each daughter on a solo sailing w/ Mommy and Daddy when they're old enough to go into the Oceaneer Club. Well the baby is finally turning 3 so here we go! This is #5 for us also so we'll FINALLY hit Gold! Yay!

Is anyone interested in Fish Extender Exchange? We've participated before and would love to do it again.
Congrats! I'm sure your daughter will be thrilled!

I would definitely be interested in a FE exchange.

I booked Palo and Shore Excursions this morning. I had to call DCL because one of the excursions we wanted to book in Quebec was not allowing online bookings; they booked it for me.

There is no listing in the online schedule for Pirate Night, a Character Breakfast, etc. DCL said they have no idea whether they will be scheduled later.

I booked Palo and Shore Excursions this morning. I had to call DCL because one of the excursions we wanted to book in Quebec was not allowing online bookings; they booked it for me.

There is no listing in the online schedule for Pirate Night, a Character Breakfast, etc. DCL said they have no idea whether they will be scheduled later.
They may not do Pirate Night if I had to guess. Most of the "northern" itineraries (at least Europe & Alaska) replace Pirate Night with Frozen night. Since it's fall and Canada I could see that being the case.

EDIT: I did look at Navigators for last year and it seems like Pirate Night was included. So I'm a bit surprised. I guess they are only doing Frozen in locations where they can't use their fireworks rather than locations where weather-wise it makes sense?

Last edited:
Hi all, hope to book this cruise tomorrow!!! If so it will be my 40th DCL!!! Hubby's 20th something cruise. The Magic is my favorite ship as we sailed her maiden voyage 20 years ago on July 30, 1998! We will be celebrating our 39th wedding anniversary onboard!

I just cancelled our NYC to Bermuda cruise we were going on this October when I saw the great rates on this cruise. Just waiting for my son to figure out if he can get work off (changing vacation days). If so we are booking tomorrow...if not then unfortunately for him he will stay home but our DIL and grandkids would still go LOL!

We live in NY so plan on driving up and cruising back to NY but we obviously can't take our car up as how would we get it home...so looking into renting two minivans one way. Possibly, if we had enough people we spoke about chartering a bus from NY to Quebec. I guess we could fly but I would have to price out the various options. Still not sure if we come up early and spend a night in Quebec or drive the 8 hours straight through (do an overnight drive).

Happy planning everyone!! Oh...as you all know this is a Halloween cruise which are tons of fun...we have done a few of those. I spoke to DCL today and there absolutely will not be a Marvel Day at Sea cruise (I asked as we cruised out of NYC last Fall to Bahamas and it was a Halloween cruise AND a Marvel Day at Sea cruise....lots of activities on that cruise!)

MJ

We are also sailing for our 24th anniversary. Also empty nesters, DVC and we are 1 cruise short of being platinum.

Just booked our cruise, hubby and I will be on our 2nd DCL and we are so excited! Loved the rate! We will be celebrating our 9th Anniversary!

BellFamilyBelles and Anisum I would love to do FE, even though it's just the two of us. We participated on our Alaskan cruise with another family and really enjoyed it :)

Ok we booked!!! Yay!!! Husband and I, our Son and DIL and 2 grandkids (ages 3 and 9 mos) and their friends with two kids (ages 5 and 4). So excited. Now to figure out logistics!!

MJ

We are booked on this cruise. It will be my 20th cruise, my youngest son's 20th and husband and oldest son's 16th. My husband doesn't get as much time off as me so my baby (14) and I have snuck :tiptoe:off for a few extra cruises. I've never been to Eastern Canada....looking forward to it. I saw a little bit of Quebec today on the news with the G7. It's looks like beautiful province.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!