September 9, 2018 WBTA - Dover to New York

We were in England last May and tried to get tickets to see Highclere Castle but they were all booked up, hope to have better luck this time, DA was my all time favorite show :yay:

We did go to the WB, Harry Potter tour and LOVED it, we will do that again for sure. So cool to see all of the original sets, props and costumes from the movies :love:

Maybe we could see if a group wanted to go together.
I would love if you guys could keep us posted. I would love to so the Harry Potter tour!

We were in England last May and tried to get tickets to see Highclere Castle but they were all booked up, hope to have better luck this time, DA was my all time favorite show :yay:

We did go to the WB, Harry Potter tour and LOVED it, we will do that again for sure. So cool to see all of the original sets, props and costumes from the movies :love:

Maybe we could see if a group wanted to go together.

I think that would be a lot of fun!

Hi everyone

I was going to ask the same question about the weather - can we expect rough seas?

Also - Is anyone interested in joining a Facebook group for this cruise?
I don't mind setting one up - otherwise, If there is already a group I would really like to join. I love planning - never too early...lol

traveling with DH & DS10.

Have never been on a transatlantic!

Looking forward to it!

Nicki

HI
My DH, DSIS, DBIL and their friends will be on this great cruise. I have always wanted to sail TA. We are doing the EPC this year.
Sue

Hi everyone

I was going to ask the same question about the weather - can we expect rough seas?

Also - Is anyone interested in joining a Facebook group for this cruise?
I don't mind setting one up - otherwise, If there is already a group I would really like to join. I love planning - never too early...lol

traveling with DH & DS10.

Have never been on a transatlantic!

Looking forward to it!

Nicki

We're technically not supposed to discuss it, but there are already two FB groups out there.

I joined the Disney Magic WBTA Sept 9th 2019 Dover-New York Facebook page. If I am not supposed to mention that please let me know and I will delete this post. I am not telling you to go going that group. Just sharing that it exists.

Beth

I joined the Disney Magic WBTA Sept 9th 2019 Dover-New York Facebook page. If I am not supposed to mention that please let me know and I will delete this post. I am not telling you to go going that group. Just sharing that it exists.

Beth

There's another more active one. Search Disney Magic September 9.

Hi everyone . Has anybody got any idea what the weather will be like crossing the Atlantic and over in Canada? I really want to go on this TA but the other half is having doubts because of the weather and he's really miffed that they are not going to Cataway Key or the Caribbean. I know we can't predict the weather but an idea of what it could be like would be good. Many thanks Emma x

I live in Northern Vermont so I may have an idea about at least the North America part.It should be warm during the day like 60- 70's but it may be in the 40's or colder at night.......or not! :maleficen

Last edited:
There's another more active one. Search Disney Magic September 9.

Thanks for the info. Looks like they are both pretty active. If folks are interested they should look into both. Of course it would be easier it these 2 decide to merge at some point. I have joined both and they both look like lots of nice people

Thanks for the info. Looks like they are both pretty active. If folks are interested they should look into both. Of course it would be easier it these 2 decide to merge at some point. I have joined both and they both look like lots of nice people

Merging has been discussed, but there's a history there and it will never happen.

Can someone PM me regarding the groups that shall not be named. I would like to ensure I'm in the correct group as there are several. Thanks!

**Figured out which to join, awaiting approval**

Last edited:
We just booked today for this cruise to celebrate my husband Bryan's retirement next year. We're really excited as we've never done a Transatlantic before. Unlike most of the people who have posted, we are British and live in Manchester, so we will have a short journey before the cruise and a long flight home, but we hope to tour around New England before we go home. We are looking forward to getting to know you all through the boards and meeting in the flesh next year.

We just booked today for this cruise to celebrate my husband Bryan's retirement next year. We're really excited as we've never done a Transatlantic before. Unlike most of the people who have posted, we are British and live in Manchester, so we will have a short journey before the cruise and a long flight home, but we hope to tour around New England before we go home. We are looking forward to getting to know you all through the boards and meeting in the flesh next year.
:welcome:
I wish I was British!
Hehe well we can always use your knowledge to help those of us planning to stay in the U.K. (or Disneyland Paris?) prior to the cruise ::yes::

Have you been to the U.S. before ? New York is a great place to visit, we enjoy D.C., Boston, Baltimore and Philadelphia, all have lots to see, especially D.C.

Have you been to the U.S. before ? New York is a great place to visit, we enjoy D.C., Boston, Baltimore and Philadelphia, all have lots to see, especially D.C.
Yes, we have been to the USA before, but only to Florida. We first went to visit Disney World when our daughters were small, and really loved it. We went back several times, and after our eldest daughter graduated from university she was lucky enough to get a place on Disney's Graduate Intern Programme. To cut a long story short, we now have an American son in law. They live in Orlando. That's why Florida is still the only state we have visited. We are excited to visit New York, and hope to tour New England after the cruise. We'd also like to visit Boston, as my Dad came from Boston, Lincolnshire, England.
:welcome:
I wish I was British!
Hehe well we can always use your knowledge to help those of us planning to stay in the U.K. (or Disneyland Paris?) prior to the cruise ::yes::
Of course we would always help as much as we can, although we can't say we will know everything, especially as we are from the North West and don't know the South very well.

Of course we would always help as much as we can, although we can't say we will know everything, especially as we are from the North West and don't know the South very well.
Oh no worries, I think we all try and do our best to help (all in the same boat, as it were lol).
Actually, I may message you to get your opinion on an aspect our trip I'm trying to figure out, which involves areas north and west outside of London.

Either way, I'm rather excited you breathed life into this thread :D

Congratulations and welcome. There are actually a number of Europeans on this cruise. A number of fellow cruisers are doing the British Isles cruise immediately preceding this.

As a native New Yorker, I'd like to reciprocate and offer any help to fellow cruisers looking to stay in the city post cruise for a couple of days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter