September crew... what are you doing?

agame2323

DIS Veteran
Joined
Dec 28, 2006
If you're schedule to visit WDW in September or are planning a trip, are you still going? Considering that its possible that none of the current restrictions will be lifted and we will be without parades, fireworks, etc... I said I would not go to WDW if we have to wear mask. That's simply a deal breaker for me. Also not having the full Disney experience is kind of disappointing. I'm suppose to be in Disney end of June but I'm strongly considering moving everything to 2021.
 

Raimiette

Mouseketeer
Joined
Jan 16, 2015
Canadian here, currently booked with dated tickets at All-Star Movies for September 5-13. I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet. I keep holding onto hope that the restrictions may change (both with WDW and with the border situation here - it's closed lol). I would lose money on my tickets ("purchased" with AirMiles so not refundable - I know I can use their value in the future but that causes issues with Fast Passes ie. I can't make them lol)

There are so many criteria that would have to change for me to go in September but I remain hopeful and won't cancel until the August deadline. I'm going to play it by ear for now.
 
  • IluvMGM

    Mouseketeer
    Joined
    Aug 19, 2004
    My boyfriend wants to go, I am not sure yet. I can't imagine how I'm going to be able to wear a mask in the extreme heat and humidity, sweating to death. I'd like to wait and see how things go when they open.
     

    abja09

    DIS Veteran
    Joined
    Mar 17, 2013
    I am scheduled to be there Sept 1-7 to celebrate my 50th birthday. I love in NJ and while I have to wear a mask all day at work I don’t think I will be able to handle wearing it walking around the parks in the heat and humidity. I am going to wait and see if the mask requirement changes before I make any decisions. If it wasn’t for the mask requirement I would otherwise go. We go so frequently that no parades and fireworks are not a deal breaker for me.
     

    Schneewittchen37

    Mouseketeer
    Joined
    Mar 26, 2019
    Booked for a late September stay at Yacht Club. I'm not cancelling. I'm not a fan of the current parades - I'm only interested in the MSEP. And it's okay if there's no fireworks or spectaculars. I enjoy those, but we've seen them and it's not an important part of the trip.

    I can live with masks too. I'll just be taking lots of meal and water sipping breaks.

    The deal killer for me would be the resort pools. If I can't enjoy my resort's pool, I'm done. I've already re-scheduled this trip from April.

    Mostly I'm wondering about park hopping. Will that be a thing? If not, I'll be put out. Since we were staying at Yacht Club, we were planning to hop into Epcot most nights for ADRs.
     

    foxybynature

    Earning My Ears
    Joined
    Sep 12, 2018
    We probably won't decide until at least July. We have tickets to MNSSHP and I can't imagine that without fireworks/parades/characters. Also character dining is big with us and half of our ADRs reflect that, so...

    I don't mind the masks, distancing, etc. But I think at the very least character experiences will have to be back.
     
  • agame2323

    DIS Veteran
    Joined
    Dec 28, 2006
    Booked for a late September stay at Yacht Club. I'm not cancelling. I'm not a fan of the current parades - I'm only interested in the MSEP. And it's okay if there's no fireworks or spectaculars. I enjoy those, but we've seen them and it's not an important part of the trip.

    I can live with masks too. I'll just be taking lots of meal and water sipping breaks.

    The deal killer for me would be the resort pools. If I can't enjoy my resort's pool, I'm done. I've already re-scheduled this trip from April.

    Mostly I'm wondering about park hopping. Will that be a thing? If not, I'll be put out. Since we were staying at Yacht Club, we were planning to hop into Epcot most nights for ADRs.
    Sound like you and I did the exact same thing lol. I'm also scheduled to stay at the YC. Originally, we were suppose to be in WDW THIS WEEK. Sad
     

    Darcy03231

    DIS Veteran
    Joined
    Nov 1, 2006
    I was booked from 9/1-9/9 and just cancelled. It's too much money to spend on such a modified experience. With the parks opening on 7/15 our trip was just six weeks away and I don't see many (if any) changes being made in that short of a period of time. I was hoping we could go, but with bringing a 6 y.o. for her first trip there were just too many reductions to make it worth it for me.

    I was able to get all my money back (booked a package). I booked airfare on points and was able to get all my points back and the fees in my travel bank. I'll reschedule for sometime next year in the hopes of things being back to a semblance of normal.

    I hope everyone that decides to go has a wonderful trip in spite of everything.
     

    nkereina

    Last chance to lose your keys.
    Joined
    Feb 11, 2009
    We're October, but still will be watching and thinking about it. I think its too early to make any decisions for September or October. Wait and see how things evolve because they will need to start phasing these things back in slowly at some point.

    The mask thing is our biggest concern as well, and I found it interesting that Legoland was only "recommending" masks rather than requiring them like the other parks. If that goes badly, I can see them changing to require it. But if it goes well, and there is enough pushback, perhaps Disney will move to "recommending" masks by Fall rather than making them a requirement. Fingers crossed!
     

    bffer

    Mouseketeer
    Joined
    May 28, 2020
    My husband and I are struggling with this. We have the free dining package and are booked for the beginning of September. He doesn't want a diminished experience, but we don't usually watch the parades, and I suppose we can live without fireworks. And our daughter is old enough now to not really care about meeting characters. We are fine with wearing masks. He worries about the hours. Looking at the changes made so far in September and the fact they still seem to have EMH, I think that may be just fine, especially with lower capacity. And until the first reports come out about how the reservation system will work and how park hopper will be compensated, I am fine waiting. We will likely make our decision in July.
     
  • Katie1174

    Mouseketeer
    Joined
    Jul 5, 2019
    We are Sept. 13-21 and we are going to cancel. This was a backup from May. I don’t see the restrictions being lifted a month and a half after they open. For the huge $$$ we pay for our yearly trip it is not worth it to pay the same price with reduced park hours(we love evenings in the park) reservations to get into a park each day(which probably means our hoppers are out) most likely reduced dining experiences, no fireworks, masks in the Sept heat and humidity(no thanks) , a virtual line to get into stores because they are only allowing a certain number of people in (like the reports from Disney Springs of 6 hour virtual lines the first day). store lines wont be that long in Sept, but do I want to sign up for a virtual queue for a ‘store‘ then have to run back when called however long later..... Certainly nothing magical about any of that. The only plus is probably virtual lines for rides but thats not enough of an incentive Imho.
    I am making beach reservations today for Sept instead and thankfully I have a backup to the backup booked for May 2021. If May of next year still has restrictions we cant live with, then we will re-book yet again for Sept 2021
     

    nduckles

    Mouseketeer
    Joined
    Dec 31, 2010
    We're October, but still will be watching and thinking about it. I think its too early to make any decisions for September or October. Wait and see how things evolve because they will need to start phasing these things back in slowly at some point.

    The mask thing is our biggest concern as well, and I found it interesting that Legoland was only "recommending" masks rather than requiring them like the other parks. If that goes badly, I can see them changing to require it. But if it goes well, and there is enough pushback, perhaps Disney will move to "recommending" masks by Fall rather than making them a requirement. Fingers crossed!
    We’re October, too. I think there’s a 90% chance we’ll be rescheduling. Of course, if my daughter’s college fall break gets cancelled then that chance becomes 100%. At that point, we’d probably actually wait until December 2021. This was supposed to be a family trip with my husband and my three adult kids, so I always feel that old pull to make the experience perfectly planned, which chances are it would not be this year.
     

    mickeyfanachey1999

    DIS Veteran
    Joined
    Aug 14, 2014
    Still going for a week after Labor Day! I'm actually looking forward to this unusual adventure.
    We will be there Labor Day through Sunday. I just tried to buy tickets and couldn't. I was told third parties weren't selling them either. Apparently no one told UT and I was able to get tickets through them. It's my happy place even with restrictions/modified experiences so I am still looking forward to it. I may hold out and see if WDW starts selling tickets before i buy them for October.
     

    disneydentist

    Mouseketeer
    Joined
    Apr 12, 2003
    We're booked for late July (with an AP discount), late September (with free dining), and early December. All are more likely than not. Variable for July is where they move us when the NBA takes over Coronado. Variable for December is the AP extension. Airfare is all with points so no worries there.

    We'll miss the character photos. Parades we only do sporadically. Fireworks we can survive without this year.

    If this was our first time or we had younger kids then we'd fell differently.
     

    sweetyk83

    Mouseketeer
    Joined
    Jun 13, 2012
    Early sept and we are watching and waiting. I want to see what the parks look like before I decide. I also realized that if I cancel now it would be completely emotionally driven and I absolutely do not want to make decisions that way.
    My brother and his wife are coming with us for their first ever trip and I’ve told them to just hold on and see how this plays out. Who knows what will happen before Sept!?

    ETA: I am pretty heavily leaning towards shortening the trip from two weeks to one. With my kids already missing so much school at the end of this year I hesitate pulling them out for two full weeks. Plus with reduced experiences I don’t want to spend as much on rooms. We are considering going both this year (my curiosity of what it will be like crowd wise has been peaked) and next year.
    There is just so much to consider now.
     

    Jadyreen1282

    DIS Veteran
    Joined
    Apr 21, 2014
    We had ten days planned at BWI but are thinking about bagging that and going with a Th-Su trip to just be there, hit a park abbreviated or MNSSHP. Eat good and such to get our Disney fix.

    A full week with face masks or even the weekend would kill it.

    Gotta face it folks, it could be a LOOOOOOOONG time before Disney gets back to where we expect it.
     

    butterscotchcollins

    Drop Chicken
    Joined
    Jul 12, 2019
    Also going Labor Day-Sunday. Doing some research on the park hours to try and plan, they do have EMH listed which helps a ton:

    AM for AK Monday
    PM EP Tues
    PM MK Wed
    AM EP Thurs
    AM MK Fri
    AM AK Sat
    AM HS Sun

    Park reservation system aside, this might make hopping a tiny bit more possible...
     





    Connect

    Disney News and Updates





    SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
    Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.









    Top