September crew... what are you doing?

Unfortunately, I canceled my Labor Day/Birthday trip for September.

I would feel safe at Disney with the precautions, but it was a solo trip and would need to fly into Orlando. I would be worried if got sick and had no one else to help me at the resort. I am hoping for an upcoming trip in 2021, but the resort fees are too expensive -- need to wait for a discount. Also, I applied for a partial refund on my Annual Pass. I am so sad about the two trips that had to be canceled, but fortunate that my family is still healthy and we are safe and still have an income in these uncertain times.

To those going... have a magical and safe trip.

Unfortunately, I canceled my Labor Day/Birthday trip for September.

I would feel safe at Disney with the precautions, but it was a solo trip and would need to fly into Orlando. I would be worried if got sick and had no one else to help me at the resort. I am hoping for an upcoming trip in 2021, but the resort fees are too expensive -- need to wait for a discount. Also, I applied for a partial refund on my Annual Pass. I am so sad about the two trips that had to be canceled, but fortunate that my family is still healthy and we are safe and still have an income in these uncertain times.

To those going... have a magical and safe trip.

So sorry about your cancelled trip :( I totally would've run over with some first aid if I knew a fellow DISer was in trouble but the World will still be there for future trips and happy memories! And saving money is never a bad thing! Our final payment was due today for our LD trip and it hurt a little :crazy2:

well final payment was yesterday and our group of 8 is still a go as of now.
two parties are staying at pop
one party is staying at Cabana Bay at universal (after AoA announced it wouldn't be opening and they weren't given a good enough of a comparable option to their previous family suite)

United has changed my arrival flight now twice with us arriving a little after noon. That put a real damper on our first day plans so me and DBF are toying with the idea of flying out the night before so we can get a jump on our first day.

now we just need to decide if we want to pay disney prices to extend our hotel and have the convenience of being at the same place. OR get a nearby Marriott hotel but have to check out and check in and not get too early of a start as we would've hoped.

the money isn't the biggest issue since our airfare was paid with miles, our Universal tickets were half off (TA in the family), and i had hundreds of disney dollars from saving for years--and still have hundreds to use while there. score!

but DBF is more angry that 'airlines can make these changes and get away with it' and that we now have to shell out more money because of them...just more of a principles thing.

will be deciding by EOD what will work best for us

also an add to that
some of our group was very hesitant the past few weeks about if they wanted to still go or not.
6 out of the 8 of us realized that we know exactly what we are getting ourselves into by leaving in a month. We are prepared, we are stocked with masks, wipes, sanitizer, all of the above and know the advisories of entering florida and returning to PA.
if we were to delay our trip, 4 out of the 8 of us could travel in December of 2020 and the other half would have to plan a trip late 2021.

for those in our group that were considering just postponing to the end of 2020, we do NOT know what we would be getting ourselves into by doing that.

so i can postpone and see my 30 day countdown increase to 120, but what if things get even worse? what if PA cracks down even more? what if crowds start to increase? and then wait times increase. still required to wear masks. still no character experiences and reduced hours..those rumors about universal and disney only opening their parks select days of the week..

obviously we are concerned of the biggest thing being our health and safety.
but as everyone and their mothers' have announced that 'it feels safer to go to disney than your local grocery store' we are going to do everything in our power to be mindful of where we are and what we are doing.
everyone in our party has been working from home and will continue to do some upon return of our trip. and we are all healthy and under the age of 50.

and since this isn't our once in a lifetime trip, just our bi-annual trip (of only adults), we are fine with the reduced experience we will have and know exactly what to expect!

United has changed my arrival flight now twice with us arriving a little after noon. That put a real damper on our first day plans so me and DBF are toying with the idea of flying out the night before so we can get a jump on our first day.

We had an issue w/ Delta moving our departing flight way earlier and cutting into our last day which includes Homecomin' Brunch - no thanks! So I called and had them move us to the later flight, and now we'll just have some bonus hours to kill at the 'Springs. I imagine Delta will make several more changes to the itinerary in the next few weeks :rolleyes: But I will not allow them to interfere with our plans.

If I were you I would fly out the day/night before and get an off-property hotel, then drop your bags at your Disney resort in the AM and head to the parks to make the most of your day. We have never planned our arrival day as a park day, we save it for Springs or pool time, because to me paying the price for a full day ticket and only using a few hours of it feels wasteful. Maybe now with such low crowds it doesn't matter as much and you can still get a full day's worth in but I would hate to deal with the stress of trying to rush to get to the parks, especially with earlier closing hours.

my thoughts exactly--and we normally don't do parks on arrival day either
but the universal ticket our TA family member gets automatically includes 3 days of park tickets. so that meant we would go to universal first! and we are BIG harry potter fans so anything that cuts into our time to ride hagrids and walk around with our wands will make my boyfriend very upset.

so we definitely are arriving the night prior, but need to weigh the convenience of staying in one room/one hotel vs. checking in and out.

now that i'm typing it out, staying at another hotel and having to check out (and check in) isn't the worst idea. We would get up early enough that we wouldn't be wasting precious time and still try to get over to universal as early as we want!
knowing that we won't have to get up super early for the remainder of our trip, i think we can make a small 'sacrifice' and start our trip off nice and early

my thoughts exactly--and we normally don't do parks on arrival day either
but the universal ticket our TA family member gets automatically includes 3 days of park tickets. so that meant we would go to universal first! and we are BIG harry potter fans so anything that cuts into our time to ride hagrids and walk around with our wands will make my boyfriend very upset.

so we definitely are arriving the night prior, but need to weigh the convenience of staying in one room/one hotel vs. checking in and out.

now that i'm typing it out, staying at another hotel and having to check out (and check in) isn't the worst idea. We would get up early enough that we wouldn't be wasting precious time and still try to get over to universal as early as we want!
knowing that we won't have to get up super early for the remainder of our trip, i think we can make a small 'sacrifice' and start our trip off nice and early

I think that's a great plan! Enjoy your trip! :)

Sad to say..... we are cancelling... . :sad: And moving our trip to March. :flower1:
The latest cut of the park hours was pretty much the straw........ We are ones that love the afternoon break from the sweltering heat and enjoy the parks in the evening. Now with Epcot closing at 7pm.... no way.
So... cancelled my AP for the rest of the year.... and cancelled our flights. Will be calling to change the reservation from Sept to March.... Then hope for a good discount come January.
Also... hoping things will be somewhat normal and they will have Flower and Garden!!! :flower1::flower::daisy:
It was a tough decision but just not worth the money or the stress of all the "rules" now in place!! UGH!!! Just doesn't sound like much fun!
But.... most certainly things will be magical again by March!!! :flower1:

I know this is an old thread…. but we have had a Facebook group started and I’m trying to see if I’ve just lost my mind I can’t find the Facebook group anymore?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter