September crew... what are you doing?

Disney has just stepped beyond stupid, IMHO. No guarantee of getting into parks, more than likely no park hopping, no FP, deleting my already made ADRs & saying I might have to try again at 60 day mark IF they decide to take them. I’m so sad, disappointed, & frustrated with Disney that I’m about to ask for that AP refund. 😖

We'll be there Sept 12th for the week :) We rented DVC points and started our APs last November so basically we can't get a refund. I'm definitely a plan ahead person, but I'm still excited to go even with all the changes and cancelling of ADRs. I'm more concerned that the DVC owner will cancel on us 😆 . I had a trip to Turkey that was cancelled in June (those $$$$ airline vouchers are doing me a lot of good) so I'm happy that Disney is taking so many precautions that I feel like this is one of the safest vacations that I can still have.

Booked ASM beginning of September, Will more than likely cancel, our budget only allowed for free dining trip, cant afford to pay for food for 5 people for a week too....not gonna cancel until i get more details especially if there could be a discount offered for a rebook, we had planned on a November 21’ trip with my mother in law so will need a rooms/rooms for 6 people

I guess it is a wait and see for me right now. Not sure why they felt the need to cancel QS dining plans, but oh well. I'm for sure not going to pay rack rate for Pop Century without the "free dining" benefit. If I can get a discount rate onsite, I will still go unless they cancel F&W, then it's a definite no go.

We have a late September stay at Pop booked with the free dining due to our canceled May trip. I'm not canceling it just yet but we're leaning heavily towards it. FD made the trip a "no brainer" for us but the rumored recovery for losing free dining is 35% off a resort stay. Not bad if you're staying moderate or deluxe but it would only save us $280 off rack rate at Pop. I can deal with no parades/fireworks and lack of character interactions, but our main purpose for the trip was to hop between HS and EP for Galaxy's Edge and Food and Wine. On top of that, I'm guessing they may not have Savi's and Oga's open (or getting in will be really difficult).

Sadly this was supposed to be DD's 14th birthday trip. We have Universal APs so we will probably book something there. We're just going to wait a bit longer to cancel and see how things play out.

Canceling the FD in our September trip seals the deal for me. We will be rescheduling at a later date with the 35% off room offer. I was never keen on September with the heat and hurricane season.

We have early September stay at AKL, FD on a bounceback offer. Not sure what we will be doing if it gets taken away from us. Sounds like we will have no choice and that they will cancel our entire trip. So Idk, I’ve been so upset...I can’t believe we booked in 2019 and they might just yank our trip out from under us bc it has FD attached to it rather than just take the dining off.
Hopefully you can rebook with the 35% discount offer. good luck

Killing off the free dining we had for September makes Disney a VERY poor value proposition for us. Had booked the POP a while back. It's pretty crappy that we can't even book a free dining offer for next year to make up for it. This doesn't seem like typical Disney, or even marginal other business customer service. I'm hoping they will come up with a better offer and will cancel my reservation just before the deadline. It really seems like they don't want us back even next year. I just feels strange.

Booked for 9/5-9/16 at ASMusic. Just trying to wait another month or two to make our decision.
I think that might be the case for alot of people....wait till the 31 day mark at 11:59PM and make a call then....
I dont see it being any better and is a HUGE gamble at that point...i dont win too much at gambling so might close up shop.

Still going in early October. We have a trip planned for my wife and I only (first adult only trip in 11 years) to celebrate my birthday and a belated anniversary. We would probably cancel but we rented non refundable DVC points at the Poly. We were really looking forward to it so we will just have to make the best of whatever we can do.

I am August and %100 plan on going. I am not happy about a lot of this of course but my family and I will be able to make the best of it.

While there is no great way to handle this, Disney does seem to be doing a poor job presenting information. We only know the bare bones so far, and it will be interesting to see what else comes up.

I’m scheduled Sept 7 to 15. I’m going to sit tight for a bit but I am guessing it’s a 99% likelihood I will cancel. But I do want to see how the whole reservations thing seems to work out and how crowd levels are before I make a final decision. My airfare is booked with Southwest points so I don’t have anything to lose there.

Masks are an issue for me. I just don’t see them working especially for my special needs son. On the flipside I wouldn’t want to go if they’re not requiring masks while I still feel they’re necessary for overall safety.

Reduced bus transportation is another concern. As is of course the lack of characters etc.

But the final straw is likely going to be the cancellation of my free dining. We’re staying at a value so have a quick service. I kind of understand them canceling standard dining plans because the table service restaurants are going to have such a reduced capacity. The 35% discount (if that’s even still a thing) doesn’t cover the cost of the food we would buy, so now my cost has gone up for a diminished experience.

Was also really looking forward to food and wine. I’m guessing that that’s not going to happen this year although I know we don’t know that yet.

As soon as we confirm the status of our DVC points, we will cancel. Better luck next year.

We are booked for September 7 thru the 17th. I'm undecided as of right now but leaning to cancel. I will wait a couple more weeks. We are booked for May 2021.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter