September crew... what are you doing?

We are in a holding pattern. We will see how the reservation system work and if we can get into the parks. We are DVC members so we can cook in our room so losing the DDP wasn’t a total loss, but it did change our plans. Also, I noticed some cancellations. We had our Topolino’s breakfast & dinner, Trattoria breakfast, and Beaches & Can ADRs cancelled.

I just got that same email, taking away my free dining BB but automatically giving me 35% off. It wont save me what free dining would and I've already cancelled my flights so we will see if that 35% off in the future will still hold true when I go to rebook for next year. Certainly not going to call right now though when people with close trips are trying to sort things out and they havent even implemented the new reservation system yet.

I just got the email too. Not happy about it at all because we had received the free dining for rebooking from April. I figured up the 35% off and it’s not near as good as the free dining plan. I’m not sure what to do at this point. I did notice the calendar has the Halloween Party times listed now as a special ticketed event so that makes me feel a little more optimistic, but I doubt we go now at all.

Yeah I’m not sure what we are going to do yet. We want to go but I agree, the 35% off isn’t as good as FD. But with no character dining and if a lot of TS places aren’t open, we might save money. I’m just not sure what to do now.

With our situation, my MIL is going with us. We pay for the room and she pays for her ticket and food so this doesn’t help her at all. The free dining ended up being such a great deal for her. I’m very disappointed in Disney that they offered this deal to us so we would rebook then took it away.

I advise everyone to cancel so the parks will be totally empty because I'm going no matter what.

The only question is whether I drive the 1000 miles or fly.
This is our same argument, whether to drive the 1200 mi or fly. It’ll be an interesting trip to say the least.

I also got the email. Dh and I just ran the numbers. We are staying at a moderate resort, and since it's just the two of us, the 35% should just about cover our food costs for the week. Now, that's exchanging a couple of TS meals for QS meals (but not all) and that's doable in our situation.

I must say I spent a lot of time wallowing yesterday, I appreciate that this affects a lot of people but it really hit hard for me yesterday.
we’ve (mum and I) only been to WDW once, last September, and after having 2 special occasion trips to Paris cancelled this year we decided we would take our first Disney cruise and also return to WDW. We honestly didn’t see corona shutting the parks for months on end when we booked.
We had free dining last year but missed the offer for this year, so have paid for the QS plan. We love the fact that we can have what we want when we want and use the extras to take things home. Without it we’ll end up choosing the cheaper item on the menu rather than the one that really takes our fancy. Obviously we won’t get charged for the Dining Plan but we’re also not likely to get anything as a ‘sorry’ either.
Our cruise beforehand is non refundable, so we basically have to sit tight and see what happens. At the moment both of use are just ready to forget the whole thing. It’s a long way to come (UK) for something that’s likely not to be a truly magical get away.

We are keeping our reservations. We go every September. We are AP holders that live 9 hours away so it’s an easy drive. We have one week onsite then our 2nd week is offsite. We are empty nesters so it’s just me and my husband. We don’t do free dining anymore since the kids are grown.
We realize the 2nd week being offsite may be a problem getting into the parks, and if so, we’ll just find other things to do....Universal, Disney Springs, pool, or actual rest on vacation.
In all honesty, I was ready to cancel about a week ago, but now, with a chance to see the parks way less crowded, I’m quite excited about the trip.

Not sure wha we are going to do.

We're booked 9/4-9/12 on the FD offer. I got the email last night about the 35% off the current stay but I would have to see what the final price comes out to before deciding. I budgeted for this trip with the free dining so now that the food costs are coming OOP the discount needs to at least get my total price (with food budget of course) to around where it stands now. I am hoping there is a way to use the 35% off for a future trip and just reschedule for now. Only going in Sept this year because of free dining. Normally we go in October so honestly would rather reschedule at this point.

We still plan on going - we'll wait and see how things go between July 11th and our final payment date in late August. If we end up cancelling, it will likely be because of wait times or our go-to rides are closed. I am interested in hearing feedback on the whole mask situation in the heat and humidity too. If it turns out to be unbearable with no viable alternatives to make it more bearable, that may seal the deal for us too.

Do you think that they will be in phase 3 by September/fall with larger crowds and park hopping?
Just my own opinion but I would highly doubt it since they canceled the dining plans through September 2021 and also with a second wave predicted to hit this fall.

I’m supposed to go sept 27-oct 4. This is a rescheduled trip originally booked May 3-9. I received the email for 35% off because we had the free dining recovery offer but I’m taking my two younger sisters who haven’t been since they were kids. Right now, I haven’t canceled anything but If these restrictions are still in place closer to our trip (which I’m assuming they will be for a while) I will be moving it again when it is allowed. I can’t and will not pay rack rate for a watered down Disney and to me the 35% off price just doesn’t justify the lack of things being offered. If it was just my fiancé and I, I’d consider it because we go a few times a year. But for their first experience since childhood I don’t want that for them and neither do they. I’m just holding onto my reservation for as long as possible so I can move it instead of flat out canceling and rebooking if I need to.
I’ve gone through every emotion and finally coming to terms with it most likely not happening. But it just stinks all around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter