September crew... what are you doing?

We're playing the waiting game. We have reservations made for next year already, so I'm fine with whatever eventually happens, but DH still wants to see if we might be willing to go. :)

I have a late September Free Dining recovery package booked (got the free dining when my April stay got cancelled). As of now, I am still planning on going. If Food and Wine Festival is cancelled, then I might reconsider.

We are going to pop sept 5-9 with 4 park days and Labor Day free - we did buy a Halloween party ticket for that day from undercover tourist today. We are doing mostly quick service. We do have Fantasmic package at Mama Melrose but figure that will cancel. We did schedule BOG at 8 am and I am curious if they will still have pre open reservations. We made Epcot our arrival day since it opens at 11 and our flight comes in at 7:30. We are planning to go through with our trip because we have had many many trips in the past and are ok with no shows or parades. We are hoping they have fireworks and/or parade for Halloween party and cut admissions big time. Maybe it will be like the after hours party but idk. We can get a refund for the Halloween party tickets for 90 days and our trip is in a hundred so I felt the risk was low to purchase those tickets.

We have plans for late September with FD. A lot depends on how it goes the next couple months. Things are going to change between July and when we are planned to go. I am hopeful that masks will not be a requirement. Just my opinion. It would be hard to go if all the initial requirements and restrictions are still in place and we find out that park reservations aren't that friendly. I am a RD person and would find it hard to pay if I can't get in early. Unless the park attendance is kept low enough and touring isn't that difficult.

We'll find out soon enough what to expect. I would like to thank in advance all the people that will be going the first month and reporting back on what we can expect.

Stay safe!!

We have DVC rental for Sept 13 and APs that we haven't activated yet. We live local, and I'm pretty certain we will be rebooking until December or even next spring to even think about activating our passes and staying at a Disney resort. The masks are a hard no, especially in the summer heat, and especially everywhere but our room. Sad to lose my Wilderness Lodge ressie, but a week at the beach social distancing in a condo with my husband sounds much more appealing right now.

Our family has free dining the beginning of September. Since were in Portland Oregon, it's a cross country flight. There is only 1 direct a day that I have not yet booked. We are leaning towards cancelling, but I will wait a bit to see how things open and progress. I understand and applaud the caution and concern as things reopen. That being said, Disney is not an inexpensive vacation. I think there will be a ton of families like mine that may cancel at the last possible moment if many attractions/experiences are still not up and running. If things are up by then, and crowds are down, it might be a good time to go.

Did all of you see that our free dining will be cancelled? I was still on the fence but that sealed the deal for me.

I was already going to struggle to get it paid because my income has suffered but it will cost me more without FD. Also unsure how any dining will work, looks like they are cancelling everything and having a whole new system to be able to keep capacity low. No fastpasses sounds insane but make sense.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200528-201410_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20200528-201410_Facebook.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

I think the cancelling of free dining does it for us too. My kids are going to be so disappointed but I just can’t justify all of the cuts and then having to pay more for our vacation on top of it

Sound like you and I did the exact same thing lol. I'm also scheduled to stay at the YC. Originally, we were suppose to be in WDW THIS WEEK. Sad

We were supposed to be there this week also May 23-20 Copper Creek 2br with 6 of us total. But we had to cancel and so DH and I rescheduled for the end of September 26-October 2. Split stay with Poly studio and CL studio AKV-Jambo.

We plan our trips around the Flower & Garden - canceled :( and Epcot International Food & Wine festival. Our other time to visit is December but I canceled this year and moved it to March 2021.

I was so ready to go with the flow and enjoy our trip in spite of everything...but I think cancelling free dining will be the end for us.

I’m truly shocked at how poorly Disney is handling all of this. I get the need to figure out a way to manage existing reservations (within the many layers of complexity that they themselves have created). Completely cancelling honoring their own winback promo AND customers who have willingly paid for a program for the next *15 months* is just a terrible, baffling decision.

Im not sure what we are going to do. We had planned to go May 16-23rd but had to cancel (stupid virus). We rebooked for Sept 23-oct 6th with two rooms at Pop because of the free dining. But without the free dining, it’s feels like we will be getting half the vacation, be guinea pigs as they reopen, but still pay full price. That especially stings given that we already canceled a vacation, we’re super excited about the free dining promotion only to have it canceled again.

I don’t see why they can’t still give us free dining. We are going to have to eat while we are there. It’s not like the people in the parks won’t be eating! we would still have to redo our reservations and with the limited capacity in the parks, I’m guessing they could keep dining to 50% capacity. At least we would all feel less cheated. This just seems pointless: taking away the incentive they gave us to rebook when we will still need to eat while in the parks. Even with the rebooking discount of 35% off, we have to deal with the airline which is being difficult with all the flight changes we have made.
So yeah... torn

Well, I was optimistic in my earlier post, but cancelling our free dining has sealed the deal for us. We will be cancelling. I understand why they need to do this, but it is extremely disappointing. I hope to see Disney again in 2021.

Also going Labor Day-Sunday. Doing some research on the park hours to try and plan, they do have EMH listed which helps a ton:

AM for AK Monday
PM EP Tues
PM MK Wed
AM EP Thurs
AM MK Fri
AM AK Sat
AM HS Sun

Park reservation system aside, this might make hopping a tiny bit more possible...
All EMH are canceled. They might still be showing, but the announcement was made that they are canceled.

Sept 9-13th. Still going. It's our first girls only trip and although it will be different from my previous trips a bad day at Disney is better than any day stuck at a desk in the corner of my bedroom at home working. it's all in what you make it. think positively and I am sure you will find a way to enjoy. if negatively well then you won't.

I have a September trip planned but I really don't know what to do or what I'm going to do. I have a room reservation and no physical tickets. I'm starting to wonder if its even worth bothering to go. I guess I just have to wait and see what happens as things get closer but I'm starting to lose hope. This is the 3rd or 4th reschedule for this trip and its been a rough year (even before all of this Corona stuff), I was really looking forward to getting away to the magic, but now I really don't know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts