September is a good time to celebrate 40 & 10! - Updated 9/13

I don't know how I missed this update! Probably because it was while we were away :D

So, I bought my first Tinkerbell Gifts and they came in the mail this weekend! I had seen on someone's Trip Report that they had gotten there girls necklaces for one of the days
Oooh, I love those necklaces, makes me wish I had girls to buy for!

Tuesday Morning: Parkbound Giant Button - I am thinking this way they can use that to get autographs to for the trip instead of our big books.
I think I said this when you mentioned it earlier in your PTR, but I think this idea is fabulous. I've never seen anyone use this for autographs but what a great and different idea and so easy to carry! We did the picture frame matte once and while cute it was such a pain to carry, I kept checking it in the backpack to make sure it wasn't bending :rolleyes: This also reminds me I want to order some regular size PB buttons for our August trip!

Oooh, I love those necklaces, makes me wish I had girls to buy for!
I can imagine! Actually my girlfriend who lives near you has two boys and she always loves getting girly things for my ladies since she doesn't get to do that.

I might actually buy one for me as well. I just wish I had done it all at once. Oh well. Oh and I might get Morgan Dole Whip ear rings as well, since she has her ears pierced now. (Be glad you didn't have to go through that drama!)

I think I said this when you mentioned it earlier in your PTR, but I think this idea is fabulous. I've never seen anyone use this for autographs but what a great and different idea and so easy to carry! We did the picture frame matte once and while cute it was such a pain to carry, I kept checking it in the backpack to make sure it wasn't bending :rolleyes: This also reminds me I want to order some regular size PB buttons for our August trip!
OMG! I just went back on to order some. I can't decide what to order!!!!

I wanted to do Snack Themed Buttons but I do want to get Snack Themed Shirts, so that might be overkill....
Snack Themed Buttons.png

Then I also really like doing the ride themed ones...
Ride Themed Buttons.png

And then my last option is doing Star Wars Themed ones...
Star Wars Themed Buttons.png

I feel like I need to pick one set and ditch the rest, because, really we don't need $60 worth of buttons! Yikes!

(106) Days till our trip
(43) Days till booking FastPasses

Hello Everyone!
Life has been crazy here! We joined a pool club for the first time and the girls joined the swim team. So, now we have practice every day! Yikes! But they are doing the training team so, it's only half an hour. it has been touch and go this first week. Tuesday it was 60 degrees out so they didn't let the training team in the water since they wouldn't be moving around that much. Which my girls cried hysterically about how unfair it was. Sigh. Then Wednesday, they only kicked up and back with kickboards twice the entire practice. (meanwhile Morgan can swim, she just doesn't have the stamina to do laps yet) They did the same on Thursday. And then finally Friday, they started to look like they were going to actual do something more than just bob up in down in the shallow end. So, we will see how this week goes. Otherwise, the girls have been enjoying the pool!
M&G_Swim.jpg

Between that and the fact that DH and I have been trying really hard to get into some good excersize routines and eating habits. It has been consuming my time. I have to get up at 5:30 to workout and still have time to pack lunches and all those other morning things... And let me tell, you it is exhausting! I have a goal in mind to hit before our trip. Actually two, one for my actual birthday (July) and then another for the trip (September). So, we will see!

Anyway! Back to important Disney Planning things. I added a count down to when I can book our fast passes. For some reason I am paranoid that I am going to miss the day or something. I have no idea why... I have 43 days to decide, so I have time, but I feel like I have stretches of time where I just don't have time to even think about Disney planning. Crazy, I know!

I need some suggestions on what to pick, particularly on our park hopping days! We have never really park hopped so, I am not sure what the best strategy is. I assume we should pick fast passes for the afternoon parks?

Tuesday:
AM:
Magic Kingdom
PM: Hollywood Studios
I am def thinking for this day, I should do Hollywood Studio fast passes. And really, it would just be to get Toy Story Mania fast passes. Does anyone know what the standby lines have been like for TSM since they opened up the second track? I was also thinking of trying for Fantastic Fastpasses? Is it worth it?

Wednesday:
AM:
EPCOT
PM: Magic Kingdom
Wondering if we can get away with out doing fast passes at EPCOT for the morning? I think I need to make Magic Kingdom Fastpasses to get Seven Dwarfs Mine Train in there at least once, right? Does anyone know if I book only 1 fastpass for EPCOT, for one of the Tier 1 items, then after we use it, could I book the rest in Magic Kingdom? How does it work now that you don't have to book 3?

Thursday:
Animal Kingdom All Day
At least this a one park day! I def think I am going to try and get Flight of Passage as our one Pandora Fastpass. Probably Kali River Rapids? We have never done this, Gwen was too short the first trip, and then it was being referred the last time we were here. And then probably the Safari...

Friday:
AM:
Rest at WL
PM: MNSSHP
We won't have park tickets for this day. Can I book fast passes for the time from 4:00-7:00 when the party officially opens?

Saturday:
AM:
Rest at WL - Maybe go to Magic Kingdom (to do Sorcer Mickey Game & get Dole Whips)
PM: Animal Kingdom
Maybe I will do the other Pandora ride, that we didn't get to do last time...

Sunday:
AM:
Magic Kingdom (till we have to get Magical Express)
Our last day is always our greatest hits day. So, I will have to "guess" at what the girls favorite ride will be this trip. (totally the down fall of making these trips a surprise. I can't ask what they want) I do usually do a pretty good job of guessing.

I will take any advice!!! Thanks!

thinking of trying for Fantastic Fastpasses? Is it worth it?

Never done FP but I loved the seating with the dinner. We got there 15 minutes before show time, got good seats and a snack.

How does it work now that you don't have to book 3?

I think it remains that you can FP one park at a time. I might stick to MK, just in case.

We won't have park tickets for this day. Can I book fast passes for the time from 4:00-7:00 when the party officially opens?

I sure hope so! We plan to nab some FP for our party day as well.

Never done FP but I loved the seating with the dinner. We got there 15 minutes before show time, got good seats and a snack.
My problem is I am not dyeing to go to the restaurants that participate in that... Maybe Mama Melrose but that is it.

I sure hope so! We plan to nab some FP for our party day as well.
It seems like you can from everything I have seen. But for some reason I am so skeptical. Not sure why.

It's funny, I was just looking at your ticker and thinking your trip was coming up but you are realistically not that much sooner.

My problem is I am not dyeing to go to the restaurants that participate in that... Maybe Mama Melrose but that is it.

Hopefully if you get the FP you'll have similar luck with seating. It's such a pain to wait 90 minutes for a decent seat in standby.

It's funny, I was just looking at your ticker and thinking your trip was coming up but you are realistically not that much sooner.

Looks like we're exactly two weeks ahead of y'alls trip! Too bad we won't be able to plan a meet-up. Maybe some day!

Looks like we're exactly two weeks ahead of y'alls trip! Too bad we won't be able to plan a meet-up. Maybe some day!
I know so close! Yet so far away...

It is coming so fast! I keep meaning to do a real post on here and just don't have the time. I also don't have too much to report. I am not changing much, just waiting for the fast pass day! Eek!

(88) days till our Trip
(26) Days till Fast Pass Day

(50) Days till Myrtle Day

Hello Everyone! I have been meaning to write an update. I was going to do one for when I went down to 99 days but then I am not sure what happened but time seems to be flying by! I am not sure how I have gotten down to 88 days!

We have been busy, busy, busy! Today is the girls last day of school, FINALLY. I think they are literally the last school in the area to finish. TAs I mentioned before, the girls joined swim team. And I FINALLY convinced Morgan to try the regular team. It was mied reviews on the first practice. She was in a lane with all boy! Horrible, right?!? But that, and all the fun end of the year we have been very busy!

So, I haven't really thought about the trip too much. I did order a set of shirts from Etsy. This is the shirts, that I ordered. But I asked the seller to not put names on it. I am not a big fan of having the girls names on things for strangers to be able to read. I haven't heard back from the seller yet, but I would assume they would be able to do it.
Mickey T-Shirts.jpg
I just love the style of the Mickeys & Minnie. I order Gwen Minnie with a Pink Bow, Morgan gets Minnie with a red bow, I get Minnie with the hat, and DH gets Mickey.

I can't decide what buttons to order! And DH is no help at all...

I have been looking and debating what ears to buy...
For Morgan Maybe:
Screen Shot 2017-06-22 at 1.17.29 PM.png
Morgan loves Animal Print, so I am pretty sure she will like them.

For Gwen Maybe:
Screen Shot 2017-06-22 at 1.18.03 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-06-22 at 1.18.14 PM.png
Gwen is super fancy... So, she def wants sparkles... Just not sure these are "fancy" enough...

And then for me....
Mickey-Red Bow Ears.jpg
I love the contrast of the red bow to the black and white pattern.

Vera Bradley Ears.jpg
But then I like these with the fake Vera Bradley pattern.

And then I saw these!!!
Screen Shot 2017-06-22 at 1.16.18 PM.png
It's 3D printed. So different! And my most recent obsession to snacks!

I just don't know... It's so hard... I guess this is why @ArielSRL orders so many!

So, that is all I have been thinking about planning wise... Do you guys like any ears better than others?

I can imagine! Actually my girlfriend who lives near you has two boys and she always loves getting girly things for my ladies since she doesn't get to do that.

I might actually buy one for me as well. I just wish I had done it all at once. Oh well. Oh and I might get Morgan Dole Whip ear rings as well, since she has her ears pierced now. (Be glad you didn't have to go through that drama!)

OMG! I just went back on to order some. I can't decide what to order!!!!

I wanted to do Snack Themed Buttons but I do want to get Snack Themed Shirts, so that might be overkill....
View attachment 241910

Then I also really like doing the ride themed ones...
View attachment 241909

And then my last option is doing Star Wars Themed ones...
View attachment 241911

I feel like I need to pick one set and ditch the rest, because, really we don't need $60 worth of buttons! Yikes!
I LOVE all the buttons! I ended up with 5! You may remember from my PTR. Of course I either lost or got relieved of the Princess Leia one early on in our trip. The rest of them stayed put, except one that started to fall off in the EE line and I caught it....so I'm not sure which happened with Leia. But it was on the diaper backpack that DH was wearing and we left it with the stroller a few times...so who truly knows.

I have been trying really hard to get into some good excersize routines
I can so relate! I try to do it when Will "rests" during the day, for the summertime anyway. When I work, I try to come home right after work and do it before I get the boys. AJ will be with me next year but he will let me work out while entertaining himself for 30 minutes (or he works out with me to my videos...lol), so I will try to continue my schedule of right after work.

AM: Magic Kingdom
PM: Hollywood Studios
I am def thinking for this day, I should do Hollywood Studio fast passes. And really, it would just be to get Toy Story Mania fast passes. Does anyone know what the standby lines have been like for TSM since they opened up the second track? I was also thinking of trying for Fantastic Fastpasses? Is it worth it?
We did mostly evening FPs at MK this trip except the first day, I did two before our break - after our later breakfast - but it was because they were Peter Pan and Meeting Mickey. But the other two days, I did them in the evening and it worked out fine to tour without them in the AMs...so yes, do them for DHS. I was able to get a 4th FP for Fantasmic but it was at around 1pm. I'm not sure how late they are available. But definitely show up early either way...because we didn't and ended up in standby on the complete other side of the theatre. It was a fine view but took us forever to get out at the end. I think next trip I am doing the dining plan so we will just do a dining package because I'll book a PPO at H&V again for the early access to JTA.

Wondering if we can get away with out doing fast passes at EPCOT for the morning? I think I need to make Magic Kingdom Fastpasses to get Seven Dwarfs Mine Train in there at least once, right? Does anyone know if I book only 1 fastpass for EPCOT, for one of the Tier 1 items, then after we use it, could I book the rest in Magic Kingdom? How does it work now that you don't have to book 3?
Yes, you can do it that way. 1 prebooked for Epcot then book your other two after you tap for the one at Epcot. And if you do it fairly early there should be a lot available at MK for later on. We got Splash for Friday night, on Friday morning. We had planned to ride it right after AM EMH but it was down for a few hours in the morning.

Yes, you can do that.

Our last day is always our greatest hits day. So, I will have to "guess" at what the girls favorite ride will be this trip. (totally the down fall of making these trips a surprise. I can't ask what they want) I do usually do a pretty good job of guessing.
Honestly, it was very easy to go in and change ours around and to different attractions as the trip went on and we decided more what we wanted to do. So pre-book what you think and then modify after a day or two or more into the trip.

I did order a set of shirts from Etsy. This is the shirts, that I ordered. But I asked the seller to not put names on it. I am not a big fan of having the girls names on things for strangers to be able to read. I haven't heard back from the seller yet, but I would assume they would be able to do it.
mickey-t-shirts-jpg.246439

I just love the style of the Mickeys & Minnie. I order Gwen Minnie with a Pink Bow, Morgan gets Minnie with a red bow, I get Minnie with the hat, and DH gets Mickey.
So cute! And I'm like you..no names. I'm sure the seller will do what you want. Maybe you could do the names of their favorite characters instead? Or Miniie 1 and Minnie 2? But no names would be fine as well.

I can't decide what buttons to order! And DH is no help at all...
No, they don't really help with the little details do they?

I just don't know... It's so hard... I guess this is why @ArielSRL orders so many!
Absolutely! And you can bet, I will get more before the next trip! LOL

Those snack ears are the bee's knees!!! Those are my fave.

You know you're busy when you miss your double digit day! Doing some dancing for you! :dancer::dance3::banana::cool1:

I like the shirts a lot too, I hope the seller gets back to you soon, but I agree no names shouldn't be a problem. I wish DH would wear a matching shirt with us! He's not the type, but at all. I even suggested one of those shirts that reads "i don't do matching shirts" be he refused. Such a Grinch!

Anywho, happy planning, and swimming!

I'll book a PPO at H&V again for the early access to JTA.
My girls have no desire to do JTA. They like the idea of it but are too timid of the crowds watching and Darth Vader...

Yes, you can do it that way. 1 prebooked for Epcot then book your other two after you tap for the one at Epcot. And if you do it fairly early there should be a lot available at MK for later on. We got Splash for Friday night, on Friday morning. We had planned to ride it right after AM EMH but it was down for a few hours in the morning.
Thank You!!!!!

Yes, you can do that.
Thanks! I know @MissMaryQC - was wondering the same thing. I have to start mapping out what fast passes I want..

Maybe you could do the names of their favorite characters instead? Or Miniie 1 and Minnie 2? But no names would be fine as well.
I like that idea too! I was also thinking Big Sis and Little Sis if I really needed to. I will see what they say.

Those snack ears are the bee's knees!!
I know!!! They are more than most of the other ones, but they are so cool!

You know you're busy when you miss your double digit day! Doing some dancing for you!
Seriously!!! I looked at my countdown today and just could not believe it said 88 days! I will TOTALLY be dyeing when you head to Disney. I will be so close yet so far away!

I even suggested one of those shirts that reads "i don't do matching shirts" be he refused. Such a Grinch!
Honestly, I am not sure why DH is so willing. Maybe because I mostly try to do coordinating shirts, not super matchy matchy... But still he was the one who suggested we do the "I'm with my crazy Disney Wife" Shirt on our last trip! So, I have no tips for you...

I don't know how I missed this for so long, but I finally found you and am all caught up. Congrats on doing the big 4-0 in Disney. I did the same thing for my 40th (and at WL to boot) and it didn't disappoint.

We got on TSMM with only a 20 min wait last time we were there, but I'm not sure if that's the norm. I usually book MK FPs over everything else because there's so many rides there. On our first trip we grabbed a Fantasmic FP right before the show, the other time we saw it we did a dining package at HBD.

You can still only do Fps in 1 park at a time. :sad2:

Can I book fast passes for the time from 4:00-7:00 when the party officially opens?

Yes! Although I'm not sure if you can book them until 7pm or if it's until 6:30 so you might have to start at 3:30 pm. I don't think they give you a time limit on when you can book the Fps (so you could technically get one 3:30-4:30), but you won't be able to get in until 4. We've never gone to the party at a time when we didn't have a day ticket or an AP so I might be wrong though.

Hello!
Happy Sunday!

It was a busy one for us! Saturday, I may have spent the morning looking at t-shirt for the trip instead of doing all the things I was to be done. Then had to rush to workout, shower, take the girls to a birthday party, and then rush over to my sisters to watch her little bambino so she could go to some Vegan restaurant in Philly with her in-laws. And it was so hot and sticky here, I was still sweating when I had to leave with the girls for the party that I couldn't put make-up on. Good times! And then today we had a high tea to celebrate my mom turning 60. It was very nice but I and super tired now.
Tea Time.jpg

So, like I said, I may or may not had spent Saturday morning scoring t-shirts... TeePublic was having a sale this weekend and all t-shirts were $14. So, I had DH take a look, pic out his favorites and then I tried to work about his picks. I am SUPER excited about what we ordered. Maybe a little too excited... :confused3

Here is the first set that I ordered.
Rapunzel Shirts.jpg
DH picked out the Snuggly Duckling T-Shirt from TeePublic. So, I found and picked out the Purple floating lanterns t-shirt to go with it. I didn't like the cut of the t-shirts on TeePublic for the girls, so I found the tank tops on Etsy for the girls. If I remember correctly, Morgan is getting the Best Day Ever Tank and Gwen gets the I'm so glad I left my tower tank.

Hopefully they will look really nice together. And we will def do the Rapunzel Bathroom photo shot when the girls are wearing these tank tops!

Next DH picked out the 7DMT t-shirt. Which is ironic because I saved the same design via etsy. I really like the EWP t-shirt, so I went with that. I am not sure what the girls will wear, maybe just something else. We will see. Ride Shirts.jpg

And lastly, my Snack Shirts!
Snack TeeShirts.jpg
The Tank top the upper right is mine. The tank on the top left is Morgan's and then my fancy lady who likes to do the whip and ney new.. Is getting the bottom shirt. The Etsy seller is going to do the shirt in a light blue. It won't match exactly but that's fine. But close enough... And I think I won't push it for DH. He has lots of other shirts he can wear that are Disney themed.

And I haven't ordered the buttons yet but I am thinking I will get the 3 buttons above and the big one for signing.

I also, took advantage of the sale Disney Store was having and ordered PJ's for the girls for Tinkerbell Gifts. PJ's are always the first night.
Emoji PJ's.jpg
Totes Adorbs!

I can't wait till they all come in! I am going to start mapping out my fast passes that I want to aim for. (23) Days till Booking!

I'm sorry I didn't message you back about the shirts, I've been away all weekend and every time I meant to I got distracted :crazy: And now I missed the sale but thank you for the heads up. Love all the shirts! I really love that your DH actually picked some out; although Steve wears whatever I buy him he doesn't pick any out and if I asked him he'd just tell me "I don't care, you pick" :faint:

Cute stuff! You're so lucky DH will choose a few Disney shirts; I'm super jealous.

I LOVE the Tangled shirts for the girls, and the dole whip one. Very adorable!

I'm sorry I didn't message you back about the shirts, I've been away all weekend and every time I meant to I got distracted :crazy: And now I missed the sale but thank you for the heads up. Love all the shirts! I really love that your DH actually picked some out; although Steve wears whatever I buy him he doesn't pick any out and if I asked him he'd just tell me "I don't care, you pick" :faint:
It's ok. I knew you were traveling (from Facebook), so I figured that was the best way to reach out to you. The shirts are regularly $20 I think, which still isn't that bad. Some of the Etsy shirts are $25 & $30. ..

Cute stuff! You're so lucky DH will choose a few Disney shirts; I'm super jealous.

I LOVE the Tangled shirts for the girls, and the dole whip one. Very adorable!
Thanks!

I quite like the shirts and ears that you are planning on ordering. It's nice to match and look good in pictures together. I like the idea, but would never be so coordinated for my own trip! That's on a whole different level from me, lol.

I just caught up reading your planning and it sounds like a great trip and will be interested to hear how your dining goes, especially.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts