September is a good time to celebrate 40 & 10! - Updated 9/13

nd then today we had a high tea to celebrate my mom turning 60. It was very nice but I and super tired now.
tea-time-jpg.246955
Love how high tea involved mostly adult beverages. My kinda tea :-)

Next DH picked out the 7DMT t-shirt. Which is ironic because I saved the same design via etsy. I really like the EWP t-shirt, so I went with that. I am not sure what the girls will wear, maybe just something else. We will see.
ride-shirts-jpg.246943
Where did you say you got these, I'm in love with the electrical water pageant shirt!!!!! We went to Disneyworld for the first time when I was5 or 6 years old and stayed at the Contemporary. I have absolutely no memories of that trip except for the water pageant which we could see from our room every night. Still holds a very special place in my heart

I also, took advantage of the sale Disney Store was having and ordered PJ's for the girls for Tinkerbell Gifts. PJ's are always the first night.
emoji-pjs-jpg.246953
These are great, I don't remember seeing them. Casey wanted new light up Elsa shoes so I ended up buying her some PJs on the same too, but got her some R2D2 ones. They have cut out shoulders so she thinks she is oh so sophisticated in them. I'm totally seeing her and Gwen in them both now :-)

I don't know how I missed this for so long, but I finally found you and am all caught up. Congrats on doing the big 4-0 in Disney. I did the same thing for my 40th (and at WL to boot) and it didn't disappoint.
Thanks! And Welcome!!! :welcome:

We got on TSMM with only a 20 min wait last time we were there, but I'm not sure if that's the norm. I usually book MK FPs over everything else because there's so many rides there. On our first trip we grabbed a Fantasmic FP right before the show, the other time we saw it we did a dining package at HBD.
I am def torn over the MK/HS day for fast passes. I will probably have to decide and then maybe watch the times on the MDE app and make a decision closer to the trip.

You can still only do Fps in 1 park at a time. :sad2:
Boo. But if you think about the logic in figuring out how people would use that might be crazy complicated.

I just caught up reading your planning and it sounds like a great trip and will be interested to hear how your dining goes, especially.
Thanks! Welcome! :welcome: I have to sit down and figure out my Fastpasses and really see how my dinning reservations fit into everything. I am so excited for all of my restaurant choices just hope I have good times. #fingerscrossed

Love how high tea involved mostly adult beverages. My kinda tea :-)
I totally said during the party that this was my kind of tea party. I think our ratio ended up being 3 bottles of champagne to 1 pot of tea!

Where did you say you got these, I'm in love with the electrical water pageant shirt!!!!! We went to Disneyworld for the first time when I was5 or 6 years old and stayed at the Contemporary
I got the shirts from TeePublic. I will let you know the quality of the shirt when I get it. I got a message that the shirts shipped so they should be here soon. The site allows anyone to sell there designs, so if you search Disney you get a TON of options. The electrical water pageant shirt is called Electrical by retrowdw. That should help you find it. But it was fun looking at all the designs folks have created.

Casey wanted new light up Elsa shoes so I ended up buying her some PJs on the same too, but got her some R2D2 ones. They have cut out shoulders so she thinks she is oh so sophisticated in them. I'm totally seeing her and Gwen in them both now :-)
So, Gwen has asked for two things for her birthday so far (it's July 19th). A hippty hop and HIGH HEEL SHOES!!!! Where in the world do I get kid high heal shoes?!? I def think Casey and Gwen need to have a little mini-dis meet!

I didn't see the R2D2 ones. I will have to look for those. The girls would like those too.

I got the shirts from TeePublic. I will let you know the quality of the shirt when I get it
My "Hi, It's Smee" shirt is from TeePublic and it's good quality! I've washed it 3 or 4 times now and it hasn't shrunk or faded and is pretty true to size. Not extra roomy at all, as in I would've liked it to be a bit more roomy, but not too small. I did order one size up from what I normally wear :)

Happy 4th of July!

(76) Days till our trip!!!
(13) Days till booking FastPasses! eeeeekkkk!!!!

So, yesterday DH and I were talking about his vacation and a boys weekend that he may or may not be going on. And DH said that he had a week after Disney before he had to go back to work. And it was DEAD quiet in the car. The girls didn't say anything. So, I am not sure if they heard us talking or not... :sad2: I am hoping to keep it a secret but I feel like it is getting harder and harder to keep it a secret!

I have received a bunch of my shirts that I ordered. I have to take pics of them and I will share them with you guys. I might try and assign days that I think we will wear them and show them as I build out out days. I am still waiting for the girls tangled tanks. But man those park bound buttons came SUPER fast!

I have started to work on our schedule to see what fast passes I need to book. But have a ways to go...

Monday Night
We leave after school and head to the airport. We should arrive in Orlando around 10:45 PM, so we will just be heading to Magical Express and to the resort and to bed!

Tuesday
Magic Kingdom: in the Morning
Heading back to rest at the hotel
Lunch/Dinner @ohana
Hollywood Studios: for the Evening

Sept_Plans_2017_Tuesday.jpg
I am not sure what to do about lunch this day? I know we will be hungry at lunch time but I don't want to eat too much... I am thinking Casey's Corner for hot dogs, maybe DH and I share one... Or maybe go to Sleepy Hallow and try a chicken and waffle sandwich. We will see, I am not sure.

I am also hoping that we will have enough time in Hollywood Studios to do what we want to do... I looks like half of the already small park is closed, so I assume we will. Our reservation at Ohana is at 3:35. So I figure we should be done by 5:00 at the latest?!?!? And at Hollywood Studios 5:30-6:00? Does that sound about right?

So, the other thing I have been working on is an idea I am stealing from @Elandon. 40 Attractions to celebrate turning 40! I just love the idea. And once the girls know about this "plan", they will be very much into the idea as well. I think I will have a simple sheet to fill out each day with what the attractions we did each day and keep track to hit our goal.

But here is the question, what would you consider an attraction? Rides, of course... Parades, Firework/Night shows? Special Dinning? Like Sanaa?

Yippee! I'm so glad our idea is catching on! As you know, we counted pretty much anything. I'm only part way through my trip report but we were only there for about 4 nights so I counted anything that was on my wish list....and a couple of things from my DS8's wish list too. If your trip is longer, I would only count rides (I haven't had a chance to read your whole PTR yet). That's how we started planning until my hands and feet began giving me trouble.

Yippee! I'm so glad our idea is catching on! As you know, we counted pretty much anything. I'm only part way through my trip report but we were only there for about 4 nights so I counted anything that was on my wish list....and a couple of things from my DS8's wish list too. If your trip is longer, I would only count rides (I haven't had a chance to read your whole PTR yet). That's how we started planning until my hands and feet began giving me trouble.
@Elandon - We have 5-1/2 Days to complete the "mission" So, it sounds do-able but I know time slips away when you are at Disney. I just read your latest update and I totally didn't even think about character meets! We don't do a ton, now that the girls are a little older but they like to meet the characters that they haven't met yet. So Moana and BB8 will be must dos.

@Elandon - We have 5-1/2 Days to complete the "mission" So, it sounds do-able but I know time slips away when you are at Disney. I just read your latest update and I totally didn't even think about character meets! We don't do a ton, now that the girls are a little older but they like to meet the characters that they haven't met yet. So Moana and BB8 will be must dos.
Good choice! We took advantage of any short line we passed. That was the point, I think--to just do stuff instead of think about what to do next. It worked!

DH said that he had a week after Disney before he had to go back to work

:scared1: I would have pinched my DH under the arm rest!

I am hoping to keep it a secret but I feel like it is getting harder and harder to keep it a secret!

I could never do this. I'm literally the worst surprise giver cause I get too excited and I blab. I give you a lot of credit for making it this far,m but DON'T GIVE UP!!! I may never be able to pull of a surprise like this, so whenever I see parents who can Ilive vicariously! You can do it!! :jumping1:

I might try and assign days that I think we will wear them and show them as I build out out days

Love this. I try to assign DD's outfits too. I do the plastic bag system (I just store them back in our luggage after use to waste less) and then I hang them in one of those closet organizers. Got the idea on here and have used it whenever we travel, not just WDW. Psyched to see all y'alls outfits!

I have started to work on our schedule to see what fast passes I need to book. But have a ways to go...

I know how this is! I have a rough schedule, but until FP day (this Friday!!) nothing is really set. But your plans look solid.

I am thinking Casey's Corner for hot dogs, maybe DH and I share one...

They have these corn dog bites there as well. I love them, and they travel easily along side an order of fries.

at Hollywood Studios 5:30-6:00? Does that sound about right?

The official suggestion is one hour on Disney transport. Would you guys take the bus from the Poly, or drive?

40 Attractions to celebrate turning 40!

AWESOME!!!! THis is such a great idea! I totally agree the girls would be super on board and excited to complete this. And tell a CM! I know it sounds silly, but I feel like sharing little ways to celebrate like that make their day, and possible a little pixie dust for the birthday girl?!:tinker:

I think I will have a simple sheet to fill out each day with what the attractions we did each day and keep track to hit our goal.

If you keep track you could mock up something cute when you get home, along with a birthday pin, a few small souvenirs and some photos for a super cute memory box/display. You guys should plan a celebration for the 40th attraction!

what would you consider an attraction?

I'd say shows, parades and fireworks as well as rides. Maybe not dinners though? Unless it's like Hoop-Dee Do or Spirit of Aloha.

But here is the question, what would you consider an attraction? Rides, of course... Parades, Firework/Night shows? Special Dinning? Like Sanaa?
For me personally, if I were counting how many attractions I got to do/see, I would only count things that you waited in line for. I would count any ride, any stage show or any big show like Fantasmic. I would not count Fireworks or Parades since you can catch glimpses of those even when not specifically waiting to see them. I also would not count dining, unless it was a dinner show like Hoop De Doo.

Love this. I try to assign DD's outfits too. I do the plastic bag system (I just store them back in our luggage after use to waste less) and then I hang them in one of those closet organizers. Got the idea on here and have used it whenever we travel, not just WDW. Psyched to see all y'alls outfits!
I def want to do the plastic bag system this trip. We are flying Frontier and have to pay for each bag, so we are going to try and keep it to 3 suitcases.

I know how this is! I have a rough schedule, but until FP day (this Friday!!) nothing is really set. But your plans look solid.
OMG!!! That's tomorrow! Good Luck!

They have these corn dog bites there as well. I love them, and they travel easily along side an order of fries.
Gwen will def have those, she would live off of corn dogs if we let her!

The official suggestion is one hour on Disney transport. Would you guys take the bus from the Poly, or drive?
We will not have a car. We are flying and taking Magical Express. So, I was thinking 3:35-4:35/5:00-ish to eat dinner. Then hopefully only 45 minutes to get to the park... hopefully. Funny story. I had DH call down to see how long they suggested to get from WL to Hoop Dee Doo Review. They told him an hour! It took 15 minutes total! I know we could have waited a bit longer for a boat, but really! and hour!?!?

If you keep track you could mock up something cute when you get home, along with a birthday pin, a few small souvenirs and some photos for a super cute memory box/display. You guys should plan a celebration for the 40th attraction!
OMG! Perfect!!! Def doing that! Awsome idea!

I'd say shows, parades and fireworks as well as rides. Maybe not dinners though? Unless it's like Hoop-Dee Do or Spirit of Aloha.
We have reservations for Sanaa and Ohana and they were both my def reservations that I wanted. Especially Sanaa. So, I might include one or both... It will also depend on how everything shakes out.

I would not count Fireworks or Parades since you can catch glimpses of those even when not specifically waiting to see them. I also would not count dining, unless it was a dinner show like Hoop De Doo.
That is kind of what I am thinking. But we are doing MNSSHP, so I "might" include those parades and shows... It will probably be the only time we will see them and they are more special-er (not a word but you know what I mean...)

My last shirts from Etsy came today!!! But I have not made it home yet. The girls had there first week of camp and are now at swim team practice. Pretty sure by Friday they are going to be toast!

I have been bouncing back and forth on planning this trip, planning Gwen's 2 parties and my 40th winery day! So, each night my head spins back and forth as to what I should be planning and thinking about!

Hopefully, I will have the energy to post some stuff tonight.

So, yesterday DH and I were talking about his vacation and a boys weekend that he may or may not be going on. And DH said that he had a week after Disney before he had to go back to work. And it was DEAD quiet in the car. The girls didn't say anything. So, I am not sure if they heard us talking or not... :sad2: I am hoping to keep it a secret but I feel like it is getting harder and harder to keep it a secret!
Oh no, I hope they didn't hear. We are trying to keep our next trip a secret from Casey too and have almost slipped a few times now.

I am not sure what to do about lunch this day? I know we will be hungry at lunch time but I don't want to eat too much... I am thinking Casey's Corner for hot dogs, maybe DH and I share one... Or maybe go to Sleepy Hallow and try a chicken and waffle sandwich. We will see, I am not sure.
You could just snack here and there instead of doing a full blown lunch so you are plenty hungry for Ohana. Grab a mickey pretzel or a turkey leg or heck even some dole whip for ice cream to make sure you are good and ready

40 Attractions to celebrate turning 40! I just love the idea. And once the girls know about this "plan", they will be very much into the idea as well. I think I will have a simple sheet to fill out each day with what the attractions we did each day and keep track to hit our goal.
Perfect!!!! Love this idea. I think you should also do 40 drinks too :P

I think you should keep it to rides and regular shows (FOTLK, Frozen Show, Philharmagic, etc). In my mind fireworks and parades are just that and not formal attractions.

Hi Everyone!!!!

Next week I get to book my fastpass day!!!! I think... Every trip I do this to myself. I know it's 60 days, but we check in on Monday, September 18th. Next Tuesday will be July 18th. But that won't be 60 days.. July has 31 days and so does August... Does that make sense? And then we originally we book to check in on the 19th, and my little book says the 21st, so I would assume the 20th would be my new Fast Pass day. Right? Why do I talk myself into circles each time!

So, as I mentioned earlier today. My last t-shirts came in the mail today!!!! Yeah!!!! ................ kind of........

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I totally messed up!!!! And I don't know what to do! I ordered Morgan and Gwen's Rapunzel t-shirts in the same size! And too big!!! I think Morgan will be ok, but there is no way Gwen can wear hers, it will be a dress on her! I double checked my order, and I made the mistake. Ugh!

But I took pics of all the shirts. So, I will still share them with you guys!

First up the Snack Shirts:
Snack Shirts.jpg
Far Left: Morgan's "I'm Not Sharing" Shirt & Celebrating Mickey Bar Button, Middle: My Craving well Everything Shirt & my Celebrating Dole whips Button, Far Right: Gwen's "Whip it" Shirt & Celebrating Waffles Button (DH looses out on the snack shirts.) I think he will be fine with this.

They are all different shades of blue but I don't mind that. And I was worried about what Gwen's would look like, but I think it looks good. She will lover her Dole Whip It shirt.

I snuck into the girls room and grabbed shirts to compare for size...
Morgan Shirt Compare.jpg
This is one of Morgan's shirts. This one is a little long but I think she will be ok. I will just need to make sure I have Biker Shorts for her to wear with the shirt. I could wash it and see if it shrinks any but I am also kind of afraid to...

Next up the Rapunzel Shirts:
Rapunzel Shirts_02.jpg
Far Left:
Gwen's I'm so glad I left my tower tank top, Middle Left: Dh's Snuggly Duckling Shirt, Middle Right: My Floating Lanterns Shirt, Far Right: Morgan's Best Day Ever Tank

I love this combo. The purples are almost the same, just mine is a bit more of a weathered purple and DH's green shirt off sets nicely. The issue....

Gwen Compare.jpg
This is Gwen's Shirt!!!! Eeekkkk! It will be a dress on her!!!! Do I get her a gold belt and let her wear it as a dress!?!?

IMG_8645.jpg
This is Morgan's it seems REALLY long, but again, I "think" I can make hers work. I think I will need a white tank top and white biker shorts for her. Ugh, why did I order them in the wrong size!!! Grrrr...

Next is the Mickey Shirts:
Mickey Shirts.jpg
As you can see, the Etsy Seller was able to do the shirts with no names. The seller never responded confirming and I just got a notification that the shirts sent. So, I was a smidge disappointed in that but the shirts are really nice. And they came in that red drawstring bag next to the shirts! Which I thought was nice. I did manage to order these in the correct size! Woo Hoo. (Or I guess, atleast I think.... since I can't have them try it on)

Here are the Ride Shirts for DH & Myself:
Rides Shirts.jpg
I love my EWP Shirt! @kastoney - I did order a size larger than I normally wear, it's cut slightly in. So I def needed it. But there are a handful on shirt styles you can pick from. I think I ordered the extra soft T-shirt.

I forgot DH ordered this one as well. I was thinking he could wear it for the MNSSHP night. But I did kind of want to match or have a theme. But I have yet to figure out what that would be...
Hat Box Shirt.jpg

My last item to share is the Buttons:
Buttons.jpg You saw the snack buttons with the snack shirts. But I wanted to show the size of the Jumbo Button, It is a little smaller than I thought it would be but that is ok, I don't want to be carrying around a giant thing. They even sent a sharpie with the button. Again I thought a nice touch.

And I got the Get in, we're going to Disney Buttons. I am thinking I will give them to the girls when we reveal the trip to them.

Ok, I have to sign off for the night. I am tired and I have to get up at 5:30 and excersize tomorrow AM!

Grab a mickey pretzel or a turkey leg or heck even some dole whip for ice cream to make sure you are good and ready
I save Dole Whips for breakfast! ;) But that is kind of what I am thinking....

Perfect!!!! Love this idea. I think you should also do 40 drinks too :P
Ha! :rotfl2: That would prob be a bad idea. We aren't there that long... But I might keep track, you for research...

I think you should keep it to rides and regular shows (FOTLK, Frozen Show, Philharmagic, etc). In my mind fireworks and parades are just that and not formal attractions.
I would love for it to just be rides and shows but I fear we won't make it. But I guess that is part of the fun! And cliff hanger for my TR when I come back.

Sorry about the shirt sizes! I do stuff like that often, and I always get so mad at myself.

How are you with a sewing machine? I'm a novice, but I think the tanks bound be an easy fix. Gwen's would be a cute dress, there's a technique where you braid the back to make it more snug, could probably find a tutorial on YouTube. The t-shirt, you could maybe cut down the sides, make slits and then tie the slits into little knots? Morgan could wear a tank underneath? Not sure of their style choices, or yours for that matter, but I used to do stuff like that to band t-shirts that were too big for me.

Sorry about the shirt sizes! I do stuff like that often, and I always get so mad at myself.
I am glad to hear I am not the only one who does this every once in awhile...

How are you with a sewing machine?
I am terrible! I have many talents but sewing in NOT one of them... My mom is. I will take a look. I am leaning towards just ordering another set. Or at least Gwen's. Morgan's I def think she could get a white tank under and maybe tie the side ala 80's style...

I think the t-shirts will be ok. A little big but they look closer to the right size.. I think it is the tanks tops, they are flowy which makes them extra big.

I will have to ask my mom if she thinks she could shorten the tank top for Morgan... I just don't want to wait too long. The good news, if I do order a new set, they will be able to wear them eventually, so all is not completely lost. And I am sure this won't be our LAST trip to Disney. :goodvibes

Hello, Happy Fastness Eve!
(Sorry, I clicked post instead of Attach photo!) So, this have been updated.....

It's been crazy around here. I have finally survived Gwen's Birthday Weekend and Birthday! So, now I just have to get through my birthday on Friday!

It's FastPass Reservation Day tomorrow! I just ran through the plan with DH, he paid attention but he just wasn't tall paying attention as usual... So here is crossing my fingers that all goes well.

I have a plan of attack. First priority get Flight of Passage Fastpasses! And then 7 Dwarfs Mine Train. I am so glad that I can make the fast passes in the morning and I don't have to wait up till midnight to do them. I will try and post tomorrow with what I ended up with!

In other news, I broke down and re-ordered the girls tank tops. The tanks are too big and the girls will be able to wear them EVENTUALLY. So, it's not a complete waste.... Maybe I can re-enact a photo or two when they can wearing the same shirts or something.

I also, finally ordered Mickey Ears from Etsy. I was debating waiting and just letting the girls pick ears out at the park, but it seems like they have a lot of the same ones. And I am sure Morgan will love her Animal Print ones. I will probably give them the ears and the going to Disney buttons when we "reveal" the trip to them. AND Morgan's ears shipped already! Seriously, I ordered the ears yesterday at 8:02 and at 8:34 I got an alert that the ears shipped! Whaaaaatt?!?

These are the ears I decided on:

Gwen's Mine
Screen Shot 2017-07-19 at 8.57.37 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-07-19 at 8.57.26 PM.png
Morgan's
Screen Shot 2017-07-19 at 8.57.14 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-07-19 at 8.57.14 PM.png

So, now I just have to get through my birthday on Friday!

!:bday:

I have a plan of attack. First priority get Flight of Passage Fastpasses! And then 7 Dwarfs Mine Train. I am so glad that I can make the fast passes in the morning and I don't have to wait up till midnight to do them. I will try and post tomorrow with what I ended up with!

Good plan! I've been reading that folks are like seeing any FoP available on their days. We nabbed a great time slot, 4 days into our trip. SDMT was pretty open, but better to do it top priority as well. With Splash being down thrill seekers will want the big ticket rides more. I hope you can post!

Maybe I can re-enact a photo or two when they can wearing the same shirts or something

Very true. Maybe the new lantern Photopass? It's such a cute one!

I will probably give them the ears and the going to Disney buttons when we "reveal" the trip to them

Cute! I bet they'd love that! Any news on the reveal, how it'll happen?

FP day is always when it starts to get really real for me. I hate that about the shirt sizes, but at least they'll be able to wear the bigger ones later on. Those shirts are super cute too! Good luck with your FP booking!

All the shirts look great! Sorry about the tanks, sounds like something I would do lol. I was going to say I liked the idea of a gold belt around Gwen's but I see you reordered them :) At least you'll feel better about it!
I know I could look back through your report but I'm too lazy, so can you tell me where you got DH's 7DMT shirt? It's probably too late for me to order one for our trip since we're just about 2 weeks out unless I pay a million dollars for rushed shipping, but I'd like to take a look anyway :thumbsup2

Ooh wait, so how did you do with FP's?????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter