September is a good time to celebrate 40 & 10! - Updated 9/13

Hello! :wave: I hopped over here from someone's TR... or PTR... I can't remember! We'll be there the same week as you :) We booked the Fantasmic dessert party the other day. We had a Mama Melrose's package booked, which I wasn't super excited about, but I figured the difference between the meal and the dessert party would cover a counter service meal instead, and frees up time for us because we also have 50s prime time booked. I like the idea of the party too, that you get to sit and eat while you wait :rotfl: We did the World of Color dessert party last year in Disneyland and enjoyed it.

Do it! If I were going to HS I'd do it! 'Ohana is hugely filling I hear, but this is just dessert! Walk as much as possible (not hard in WDW) and don't snack, at all! I think it's worth it!

'Ohana is SO filling....... If you can skip the dessert there or at least be gentle with it lol, you may be hungry enough for a snack by then! I say go for it :thumbsup2
I know Morgan will love the dessert at Ohana. The dessert does come with some cheese and crackers, so I figure we might want a light nosh. And I know I will want a drink! ..... So, I booked it! We have such little time at HS, I think it is worth it. We will see. I can cancel up to one day before, so I can still change our minds on it.

Your girls start school after Labor Day correct? We're the 6th this year.
Yup, all of Jersey is usually after Labor day. Our school is the 7th, teachers show up the day after Labor Day, and Kids 2 days later. The girls are ready. They are done with camp.

We'll be there the same week as you :)
Hello!!!! You are the first person that I have heard that will be there when we are! YEAH!!!!!

We booked the Fantasmic dessert party the other day.
What day did you book it? Maybe we will be there at the same time? I booked ours for Tuesday, the 19th.

Do it! If I were going to HS I'd do it! 'Ohana is hugely filling I hear, but this is just dessert! Walk as much as possible (not hard in WDW) and don't snack, at all! I think it's worth it!
Thanks! I did! I am excited to try something new. I really hope/think it will add to the magic of the show. #fingerscrossed

My DH is trying to torture me!

So, with our Summer trip not turning out quiet how we wanted, we talked a bit about Disney while floating around the lazy river last week. (Sounds terrible right?) Well, I must have talked about it TOO much because DH started saying that going to Disney in September AND February would be too much Disney! WHAT?!? I know you folks will agree with me that, that just can't be!!!!
giphy.gif

But Sunday, I had come to the conclusion that we wouldn't be going in February. I suggested adding a day or two to this trip, instead of the whole other trip to make this feel more special and then we would just wait. But DH squashed that idea. Saying it will be too hot in September and we will be ready to go home by the end of the time we have scheduled now. (I think he
under-estimates how short this trip may end up feeling, but that is a whole other thing...)

At any rate, I started to shift my thoughts to a December 2018 trip as our next trip. I was even going to ask @ariane37 if she knew if the bounce back would work for that far out! If we waited that long, we would probably go with potentially a Deluxe resort, so I figured it's worth looking into. I was seriously bummed last night but trying to just focus on THIS trip. Cause it is SOON!!!!

And then.....

DH texts me today, that he still have 5 Vacation days that he could roll over to use in February... Seriously!!! Make up your mind!!!! I almost even cancelled the sit down restaurant reservations I made so far. It's a rollercoaster that I want to have stop!

200.gif

So, my goal right now.... Plan as much as possible with out DH. I think I can hook him when we are there in September. He just
doesn't like the planning part. I can take care of all of that!

IN OTHER NEWS:
We received our Magical Express Info. But, the info says that we can only check our bags into Magical Express is we arrive to MCO before 10:00 PM, which we will NOT! But they sent the tags, even though they know that we don't arrive till later. :confused3 Not a HUGE deal, just kind of sad a little. We are flying Frontier and have to pay for our bags, so I am going to have to pack efficiently anyway.

Also, our Magic Bands have shipped!!! Woo Hoo! I get WAY to excited for the arrival of the bands. I "think" I ordered purple for both of the girls, pink for me, and I think Orange for DH. Or he might have said Grey... It will be a surprise when they arrive!

Also, My sister and her boyfriend will be here this weekend for a family BBQ. (Which is at my house and I haven't even thought about what we are serving) So, I have to figure out the exact clues, she said that she was game to help out. And would write all the "letters" while she is here! Kicking this off will def make the trip seem so soon!

I worked on my 40 Attractions for 40 years docs last night until I feel asleep. (oops) I should have them done soon! I am not sure I like the format. Magic Kingdom literally has 4x the attractions than any of the other parks! And I am not even going to talk about the lack of attractions in HS! I should be able to post those soon!

We're booked for the Friday party. We have a different Dessert Party on Tuesday. I feel like I've seen lots of people that are going in September, but never during our week!

My DF is king of last minute. Oh, do you want to go on my Vegas work trip in a week and a half? What do you mean flights are expensive? Oh, ADR date is coming up for January? *crickets* Oh, I have two days left to customize my magicband? Oh, let's add this expensive experience last minute? What do you mean we went over budget?

But he is always up for Disney trips. Tradeoffs :rotfl: He's just one of those people with the mindset of, there's time for that later!

Man, the hubby sure is putting you through the ringer. Glad all is back in place though. Fingers crossed it stays that way. I'm lucky that my hubby is a disneyphile too, so we pretty much have to try and talk each other out of going incessantly :-)

Congrats on Magic Bands shipping. Clearly the trip is getting so close!!!!!

because DH started saying that going to Disney in September AND February would be too much Disney! WHAT?!?
I.....just don't understand this language :confused3 But I"m glad he kind of came around lol

I was even going to ask @ariane37 if she knew if the bounce back would work for that far out!
And FYI, it does :thumbsup2

We received our Magical Express Info. But, the info says that we can only check our bags into Magical Express is we arrive to MCO before 10:00 PM, which we will NOT!
Yes, unfortunately if you land later than 10pm, ME will not take your bags. Well technically they will, but you won't get your bags until the next morning when they start running again unless for some strange reason they're doing a late run to your resort. So if you're landing after 10 or even very close to 10, you shouldn't put the tags on. They send the tags b/c I don't think any dept. makes the connection between your landing time and the 10pm cutoff. If I have clients landing at 8pm or later I tell them all this because if you put the tags on and then land late, and want your bags that night, you have to jump through hoops to try and get your luggage :rolleyes:

Men! I swear. My DH and my sisiter's fella are that way as well. DH, who has been absent or complained this whole time, told me today "two weeks! Are you excited?" I didn't even know what to say, so I just looked at him! Hopefully you're right, he'll be hooked after this trip. Even if he doesn't want to plan, that could be better for you. Get the girls involve doing for February, he can come along for the ride. Lol!

Man, the hubby sure is putting you through the ringer. Glad all is back in place though. Fingers crossed it stays that way. I'm lucky that my hubby is a disneyphile too, so we pretty much have to try and talk each other out of going incessantly :-)
I am just glad he seems to be coming around. I am not throwing a party quiet yet. But we will see. At least he is open to it.

Yes, unfortunately if you land later than 10pm, ME will not take your bags.
I knew there was a cut off, but I thought it was midnight.... I just looked at my old TR and we got in at 8:00 last time, so that makes sense...

And FYI, it does :thumbsup2
Def good to know! It might be worth to book that regardless! The deposit is not much to hold it.

But I"m glad he kind of came around lol
Thanks! As I said above. I am not holding him to it. I have a feeling he will change his mind again.. and again...

DH, who has been absent or complained this whole time, told me today "two weeks! Are you excited?" I didn't even know what to say, so I just looked at him!
Ugh Boys! Well, are you excitied? I am excitied for you!!!!! Are you on facebook? I love following along with you guys while on the actual trips!

Hello!

3 Weeks!!!!
3 Weeks, people!

I am starting to get really excited!!!

These arrived on Friday and I really wanted to post about it but it was a busy weekend.
Magic Bands.jpg
I always get a little too excited when they show up. It def is a sign that the trip is near!

My sister was here this weekend, so I had her write some notes to get the clues going. I have to make the actual puzzles to put with each one. But I will give them the first letter this Friday! I will try and post Friday night the note/letter and some photos and how it is going. FingersCrossed.

I am patiently waiting for my last items to arrive. The Inside Out Shirts shipped today, so hopefully they will be here by end of the week. And I just got the Inside Out ears today. But I will wait to post all the items together once I get them. I am still waiting for the bows to ship, they are scheduled to be shipped by this Friday. But I am getting impatient!

I ordered Pins off of Amazon. I know @ArielSRL & I were talking with @MissMaryQC about who to order from. I am happy to say that they are all Disney Pins. Some are more beat up than others but they are all official. Most I don't think we don't actually want but the plan was to trade them all. So, that is good.
Pins.jpg
I separated out the ones that I think we will keep. The 3 on the far right I think we will def keep. I may keep them for the girls for there advent calendars. Then the next row are maybes... I do need 1 more to put in the keeper row. Any votes? Pascal is a weird color, kind of yellow.. Otherwise I would keep him. The rest are def trade-able. I might only give them 8 to 10 to use this trip and save some more for next trip. (whenever that may be)

Has anyone been following along with The Bucket List Family? I love it. They are so cute. I would be exhausted switching rooms every day! But they seem to be keeping up.

That is it for now! Hopefully the rest of my stuff will come in and I will post some updates!

I'm on my cell so I can't quite; DD has taken over my tablet, which isn't much easier, but it's doable. Any way!

Super glad the magic bands came in! It's like the turning point to me, it's official once they arrive! I can't wait to see your girls get their clues!!

Great pins!!! You got a black Owl pin from a collection I have been making for my DD; it's all Pooh and friends silhouettes. And of those pins with the little silver Mickey are part of a special series. I think the Pascal is that color cause he is part of a series of different colored Pascals; he is a chameleon, heehee.

I like your keeper choices. I'd vote for the Jack Skellington shirt pin as a keeper.

You got a black Owl pin from a collection I have been making for my DD; it's all Pooh and friends silhouettes.
@MissMaryQC - Do you need the Black Owl Pin? I will mail it to you if you do! Sadly, as a family, we never got into Winnie the Pooh. I know it's terrible but for some reason we just didn't!

I figured the mickey face shaped ones were a series, I like the one that is the ToT. But sadly the girls don't go on that ride. And poor Pascale... The particular color that came in this batch, he looks like he needs a little iron, he look anemic. Ha!

@MissMaryQC - Do you need the Black Owl Pin? I will mail it to you if you do! Sadly, as a family, we never got into Winnie the Pooh. I know it's terrible but for some reason we just didn't!

Thank you so much! We're actually only missing Pooh himself! Lol! Pooh was Elora's first Disney love, and I have never understood it. I read the books as a kid, but, meh. She loves that squishy bear though!

I figured the mickey face shaped ones were a series, I like the one that is the ToT. But sadly the girls don't go on that ride. And poor Pascale... The particular color that came in this batch, he looks like he needs a little iron, he look anemic. Ha!

Not just the Mickey shaped ones, any of the ones with that tiny silver Mickey head on them. The shaped ones are themed after the CMs who operate the attractions. I love pin trading, lol! Poor Pascal! Lol! Maybe give the girls a few and let them trade for whatever they plan to collect, but trade a few yourself? youd have to be super stealth, but it's doable. At the gift shop in your resort they'll have a pin board out to trade on during the day. Maybe sneak out for a soda and grab some different ines for their advent calendars?

Happy Friday!!!!

I am so excited that it is September!!! Vacation Month!

I am total feeling the crunch, that is for sure! I feel like I have a ton of things to do and no time to do them.

So, I finally got DH to think about this whole reveal thing and we decided to wait till the 11th to start the clues. He was afraid that it was too long of a process for the girls. Which I kind of agree. So, there is the new plan. We are going to give them clues on Monday, Wednesday & Friday. We decided where we are going to hide the final boxes, I just need to figure out the clues themselves. And just because I can't wait to share. Here are the reveal boxes!!!! Reveal Boxes.jpg
So cute! I can't wait for them to find them.

I bought the envelopes for each clue.
Clue Envelopes.jpg

And (2) boxes to hid as decoys. I had my sister write a note saying that this wasn't the box. Hopefully they won't be too sad when they find one.
Decoy Box_Small.jpg Decoy Box_Large.jpg
Don't mind the sock on the bed. I am constantly trying to find matches to sock and seem to have them everywhere!

I also go our Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween shirts in the mail this week. It is just what I wanted, something clearly themed but nothing too hot!
Here is Gwen's:
Disgust.jpg
I think she is going to love the tutu. I got biker shorts to go under to help with the stratchy-ness. And if they decide to take the tutu's off, they can.

Here is Morgan's:
Joy.jpg
Here yellows are all a little off but I think it will be ok.

Here is mine:
Sadness.jpg
I think I will wear my white shorts with this.

And then all of ours together:
Inside Out.jpg
The headbands were $10 a piece and the seller gave me a 20% coupon as they weren't perfect. But they look fine to me.

What do you guys think?

I am waiting for one last item, and then I should have all of my Tinkerbell Gifts. I will post that next, probably. DH started his sabatical, so I can hopefully get him started on cleaning up my 40 attractions for 40 years doc! And then I can share that as well.

I LOVE the Mickey TOT pin! I tried getting the boys into pin trading a few years ago but it didn't really fly.

And just because I can't wait to share. Here are the reveal boxes!!!!
Adorable! And so are your costumes, I love when a costume isn't actually a purchased "costume" (like from Party City as a whole, you know what I mean) but creatively put together and yours are fabulous! I can't put costumes together like that lol which is why we never dressed up as a family for MNSSHP.

Enjoy the weekend and your final couple of weeks countdown :dumbo:

The reveal boxes, the MNSSHP costumes...it is all SO SO cute!! Your girls are going to love it!!
Thanks! I hope so! I am getting so excited. I just smile thinking that it is so close!

You are even closer!!!! Hope you guys are almost ready!

Love the costumes!
Thanks. I have to admit, I probably stressed about it too much. I was very relieved that they came in and looked ok and I ordered them in the right size!

I LOVE the Mickey TOT pin! I tried getting the boys into pin trading a few years ago but it didn't really fly.
Funny, I was trying to NOT get them into the pins. They only trade with CM, a few nice folks have tried to trade with them, and they are too shy most of the time.
Enjoy the weekend and your final couple of weeks countdown :dumbo:
Thanks! I think we might be in the area next weekend! I will send you a PM if we are!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!