September Trip Roll Call & trip report thread

proudmomof4

DIS Veteran
We are heading to the Fort again for a week in September, who else is going?

We are going 9/25-10/2, joining me will be DH, DS24 and DS28, who will be flying down from Michigan into MCO. DS30 has to work and DS19 will be back in school, but he may try to join us for the weekend at the end of the trip since he goes to school in Daytona Beach.

We have a preferred site booked this time and are hoping for 100 loop.

We are going to hit all of the parks on this trip and even go to both Universal parks. The guys are really looking forward to the Food and Wine Festival at Epcot whereas I am excited about seeing the Harry Potter areas at UO and IOA.

After this trip we will probably take a break from the fort for a while, we are planning to do a cruise in 2017 and would like to travel to Europe at some point soon too.

We are there 9/27-10/6 if I can secure 10/1. We have much younger kids 4 and 8. But feel free to find us. We will have a Roll Tide flag and and American one in a red tent.

My DH And I will be there September 20 thru October 1st. My sister and her husband will be driving from Texas and stay with us for a week. Sis and I have not seen each other in 13 years. We are both very excited about our reunion and especially since its at WDW. They were at WDW 38 years ago for their honeymoon. They will be celebrating their 38th anniversary the week we are at the Fort. They have never seen Fort Wilderness so they are in for a real treat.
I have requested the 1700 loop but I'm sure any full hookup site will be great.

We are there 9/27-10/6 if I can secure 10/1. We have much younger kids 4 and 8. But feel free to find us. We will have a Roll Tide flag and and American one in a red tent.

We started bringing our boys before the youngest was born and 20+ years later they all still love to go camping. I am sure you will make some wonderful memories with your daughters.

My DH And I will be there September 20 thru October 1st. My sister and her husband will be driving from Texas and stay with us for a week. Sis and I have not seen each other in 13 years. We are both very excited about our reunion and especially since its at WDW. They were at WDW 38 years ago for their honeymoon. They will be celebrating their 38th anniversary the week we are at the Fort. They have never seen Fort Wilderness so they are in for a real treat.
I have requested the 1700 loop but I'm sure any full hookup site will be great.

It sounds like it will be a fun family reunion and an anniversary to celebrate too, enjoy!

So far we have 3 groups going in late September, anyone going earlier in the month?

We are! 9/17-24!! It will be DH and I and our two kids DS 11 (tomorrow!) and DD 8! We will be in a premium site in our class A and will be traveling with some friends with two kiddos the same ages as ours so we are planning to have a blast! It's our first trip to the fort (not theirs) and our kids' first trip to WDW! Last time DH and I were at disney was in '99 for our honeymoon so we are looking forward to seeing "a whole new world"!!

Have never been to the Fort in September. We are thinking of going on a short trip the second week of September. What are the crowds and weather like then? We already have a Halloween trip planned but my daughter can't make that one, so trying to fit in a short 3 night trip then. thanks!

Have never been to the Fort in September. We are thinking of going on a short trip the second week of September. What are the crowds and weather like then? We already have a Halloween trip planned but my daughter can't make that one, so trying to fit in a short 3 night trip then. thanks!

After Labor Day the crowds levels are pretty low, it is still hot and humid though. Sorry, you can't make it for Halloween, hopefully a September trip will work out for you.

We will be there for our annual Labor Day weekend trip! We go to celebrate my daughters birthday - she's turning 8 this year and she chose the cabins! It will be me, DH, 2 kids and my parents! Camped several times but never had a cabin! Planning on heading to Epcot one evening but just enjoying the fort the rest of the time on our bikes!

We love September after labor day bc the crowds are better and kids are in school. However, the weather is wildly unpredictable. It can be raining all day or so hot and humid you think you will die if you walk anymore. You have to go expecting the unexpected.

DW, our 2 dogs and I will be there September 19th - 26th celebrating our 42nd anniversary and our DS's birthday. He can't make it so we'll have to call him from one of the parks to let him know what he's missing. A few years ago we sold our house in mid December and stayed in our 5th wheel until we built our new house. Our DS told his friends that his parents were homeless for Christmas, but not to worry they're living it up at Disney World.

After Labor Day the crowds levels are pretty low, it is still hot and humid though. Sorry, you can't make it for Halloween, hopefully a September trip will work out for you.
Thank you! We are still doing the Halloween weekend trip (my favorite time at the fort) but we just added on Sept 9-12 for my daughter and myself and her friend since she can't make the Halloween one. The cabins are a great price (we usually rent a trailer) but for 3 nights this works out. And the airfare was a great price too so we went for it. Did the fast passes today. I know its crazy two trips in two months, but i absolutely love the Fort, have been going there for 26 years now!

SamRoc, I think it is great that you are going twice to the best place on earth "THE FORT" Truly wish we lived closer(Central Texas) & retired. I would be their all the time. Have a great fun time & safe travels!! Be sure, if you have time, to let us know about all the fun & we all love pictures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!