Sequoia Lodge FAQ & Information Thread

"take supplies of paracetemol for the adults and Calpol for the little ones as you cannot buy it anywhere in the resort or hotels."

Have you tried Relay in the train station? I thought you could get some bits in there...

No, they didnt have them in the Relay or in any of the hotel shops, so be prepared..... :headache:

Thanks for the tip. I usually take the calpol or Nurofen sachets. Must remember them.

Hi, We stayed at the Sequoia lodge for the second time (Nov last year and July this year). There is no outdoor play area, but there is a small indoor area with t.v. colouring sheets, blocks etc. My daughter aged 4 loved it. It is right next to the stage area where the characters regularly appear. There is also a little play table in the restauraunt. The rooms dont have tea and coffee facilities but you can get supplies via the shop / concierge for a small charge. The last piece of advice I have for anyone staying in the resort, take supplies of paracetemol for the adults and Calpol for the little ones as you cannot buy it anywhere in the resort or hotels. The first aid bays are really excellent but you have to ask as they are not well signposted and are tucked away out of sight.

Thanks for that. I did think there was an outside one but nevermind. I am sure there will be enough to keep us entertained LOL :rotfl:

As stated in my last trip, there are no minibars in the rooms. Pity. As we need cold storage for some medicins in our next visit, we asked, and were told we can store them in a fridge at the baggage room.

We've just got booked at the Sequoia Lodge for December. We got a standard room but i was wondering how easy it is to get upraged to a Montana room??
Or whats the difference between a standard room and montana?

luv
#ashleigh#

Hope this helps. :goodvibes

What is the difference between a Standard and Montana room?
Montana Rooms are situated in the Main Building -- giving easy access to the hotel facilities. Furthermore, they also have a minibar.
Standard Rooms are located in one of the hotel lodges. They do not come with a minibar.

The two room types come with all the same facilties (except minibar) and are of the same decor standard and size.

TIP - During off-peak season many people get upgraded free-of-charge from a Standard to Montana room. Always make sure you ask if an upgrade is available when checking-in!
I guess when it's a busy time then there won't be much chance of an upgrade but it's always worth asking ~ you may be lucky! :wizard:

Thank you. I understand now. We are going during an off peak time so its worth asking if there is an upgrade when i arrive,lol.

luv
#ashleigh#

the difference is the standard rooms are in large lodges attached to the hotel and the montana rooms are in the actual hotel itself-first time i stayed there i stayed in a std room and second time i went i had a montana-now I always book a montana

i mean there is absolutely no difference in room other than location, but for me that was the experience - being in the hotel you felt more part of it!

As stated in my last trip, there are no minibars in the rooms. Pity. As we need cold storage for some medicins in our next visit, we asked, and were told we can store them in a fridge at the baggage room.

Last week we were lodged in a Montana room, and yes, we had a minibar. Very convenient.

Can I ask if there is a kettle in the room? If not, do you have to pay to hire one? I'm going to take my own tea and coffee from home.

Also you said that there is a safe at reception. Is there a charge to use this too? Do people use the safes in general or just carry their passports and valuables around with them?

Thanks

i was upgraded last xmas for free from a standard to montana. definitely worth it!
D.

Can I ask if there is a kettle in the room? If not, do you have to pay to hire one? I'm going to take my own tea and coffee from home.

Also you said that there is a safe at reception. Is there a charge to use this too? Do people use the safes in general or just carry their passports and valuables around with them?

Thanks

The safe is free, when I stay here I tend to just lock my valubles & passport in my suitcase and it has been fine.

You can hire kettles from reception on a first come first serve basis.

The safe is free, when I stay here I tend to just lock my valubles & passport in my suitcase and it has been fine.

You can hire kettles from reception on a first come first serve basis.

Thank you.

Do you happen to know how much it is to hire a kettle?

You may have to put down a returnable deposit though, I'm not sure.

We got an upgrade to a Montana room and the only difference is the minibar, which we didn't use and being within the main hotel.

I know it's been asked before and I remembered to check at breakfast and there were 2 toasters and lots of sliced white bread and 2 microwaves in the restaurant for anyone to use.
Also noticed that as well as the orange juice, coffee, hot chocolate etc., there was tomato, pineapple and apple juice and Nesquick chocolate milkshake available.

As with the other restaurants, there was a huge queue at 8.00 am for the hotel breakfast. Although our allocated time was 8.00 we arrived around 7.30 each morning and had no problems being seated. :)

This time we were in a Montana, having been in a standard room last time. The thing I found convenient was having a hairdryer. I'm sure there are those amongst you who don't need that (my husband included ;) ) but I was glad of it.
It was very nice also, not having to bundle up warm for breakfast - you just toddle along from your hotel room, half asleep to have brekky. The reverse was true in the evening - we staggered in exhausted from the Park, plonked ourselves in the Redwood Bar and then didn't have to go back out in the cold when we decided it was time for bed.

For these reasons alone I would book a Montana room over a standard room - and the price difference is minimal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!