• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sequoia Lodge First Impressions

Teamubr

From somewhere outside StL
I know there have been some less than favorable reports on Sequoia Lodge recently. I didn't want to take anything away from other posters. They may have had really bad luck and got a worn out trashy room.

There have been many people concerned they should change or cancel their SL stays. Based on my room, I'm happy with what we have. This isn't a Deluxe level resort like Poly, Animal Kingdom Resort or even Wilderness Lodge, but it is still nice.

Keep reading.

A few basics. I am a regular at WDW and have been to DL a couple of times. This is our first trip to DLP. We just finished a 12 day, 7 country tour of Europe. We changed cities and rooms almost everyday.

We usually bring our motorhome to WDW and stay at Ft. Wilderness, but we had annual passes for a while and took advantage of the discounts for some quick trips at the various resorts on property. I have stayed in every resort level at WDW from All Star Sports to Old Key West and Saratoga Springs in DVC 3 bedroom villas.

We are in our room now. We paid extra for a lake view room but not Golden Oak level, so this should be a "standard" room, just in a more preferred location.

I definitely felt the "Disney" vibe as soon as we arrived and the resort is up to "Disney standards" to me as long as you have your expectations set right, this is a nice room.

Well, here are some pics. It is nicer than All Star Sports, but not as nice as Old Key West. I've only stayed at 1 Moderate at WDW (CBR) and I would put it nicer than that. It has a WL feel, but the rooms aren't nicely appointed.

20230615_151940.jpg20230615_151951.jpg20230615_152647.jpg20230615_152031.jpg

The one consistent thing that is mentioned universally is the lack of outlets. There are 3 in the entire room and none are near the bed or nightstand.

This one has a lamp plugged into.
20230615_153522.jpg

This one is on the floor by the front door.
20230615_154125.jpg

And this one is under the TV, recessed in the cabinet.
20230615_160019.jpg

I had read to bring an extension cord. I brought 2. We also bought adapters with 3 outlets and 3 USB ports.

Overall, it is a nice Moderate level resort. I booked in early January this year and paid similar to a Moderate at WDW. Think Port Orleans. There is some wear and tear on the furniture, but the room is clean and overall is nicer than half the places we just stayed while on this European trip. Old Key West was due to be remodeled when we stayed there and it was in similar shape. All the "wear" I see in my room is on furniture or cabinetry and door jams.

The room is probably cleaner than my home in the states. There was a housekeeper and supervisor inspecting the room when we came up, so there is some level of quality control.

I've only been in the room for 2 hours, but I'm laying on the bed typing this and the bed is ok. Not great, but I have definitely slept on worse (like last night in Rome)

j

Attachments

• 20230615_152001.jpg
    20230615_152001.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Thank you for posting. We are staying at the Sequoia Lodge for three nights at the end of Sept. after a four night stay in Paris. This is reassuring to me. We aren't overly picky, just wanted to be onsite for early entry and got a good price on this place and I liked the look of the theming. I have an adapter and multiple outlet strip ready to bring too that includes USB ports too.

We're looking forward to visiting. For WDW we usually stay offsite due to great price / quality values, but I really missed not getting to do rope drop last time.

Appreciate your feedback on the place.

Completely agree with OP. This has been my experience when staying at Sequoia Lodge as well. Glad to see another positive review for Sequoia. I really do love the quiet natural vibe of the hotel, its a great place to relax away from the hustle of the parks.

We just checked out of SL this morning! Agree with most of what you said.

Pros: The resort has a nice Wilderness Lodge vibe, and it is very close to the parks. Espresso machine in the room was nice.
Cons: Lack of outlets, hard matresses, and our room had a musty odor. Also - didn't love that the shower head lights up to make you feel badly about being in there too long (it starts flashing red - felt like after just 5 minutes or so)

If I were just starting to plan a trip and deciding where to stay, I would probably pick the NY hotel as it was recently refurbished.

We just checked out of SL this morning! Agree with most of what you said.

Pros: The resort has a nice Wilderness Lodge vibe, and it is very close to the parks. Espresso machine in the room was nice.
Cons: Lack of outlets, hard matresses, and our room had a musty odor. Also - didn't love that the shower head lights up to make you feel badly about being in there too long (it starts flashing red - felt like after just 5 minutes or so)

If I were just starting to plan a trip and deciding where to stay, I would probably pick the NY hotel as it was recently refurbished.

I agree with the shower head. To get over the “guilt” of water usage i just started calling it the party shower. Although I felt. I guilt the first day, I had been up for over 24 hours and that long shower was the bit of heaven I needed.

didn't love that the shower head lights up to make you feel badly about being in there too long (it starts flashing red - felt like after just 5 minutes or so)
It has been a year since I have been in Sequoia, must be a recent addition. Never seen that before at any of the hotels.

Just got back from a 6 night stay at sequoia lodge.my husband and I had a wonderful stay.
We were in Yellowstone lodge easy walk to main part of hotel and parks.
The room was very clean being picky yes it could do with a refresh, but looked at it was part of the rustic theming.
Housekeeping came everyday full service and in the late pm/evening they turned down bed and put gold coins out and a collectable Bambi card.
All the cast members were very helpful and friendly.
I thought mattress and pillows were very comfy but the 20000 + steps a day may have helped.
Coffee pod machine and kettle in room, they said to call for more pods which I did they brought more straight away.
Rooms were very quiet, must have been well insulated.
Buffet breakfast was excellent, plenty of choices .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter