Sequoia Lodge or Newport Bay?

tinytinkmom

I work to support my vacation habit!
We're planning our first trip to Disneyland Paris in June 2017, and have already booked a Montana Room in Sequoia Lodge with the 2 days/2 nights free offer on the Irish website. However, now I'm wondering if we should switch to Newport Bay. The new, refurbished rooms at NB look wonderful! We are DW vets, and love both Wilderness Lodge and Beach Club, so theme at either would be great. Many of the comparison reviews online are pre-rehab at NB, so I would love some more updated thoughts. Thanks!!

I'm not really going to be any help here because I've only stayed at Newport Bay and that was pre-refurbishment ..... but I loved it there. My eldest DD has stayed at both (again pre-refurbishment at Newport Bay but post-refurbishment at Sequoia) and she prefers Newport Bay although would happily stay at either again.

Just double check the offer. Standard rooms are included in the 2 nights free deal atm (certainly not on the UK or Irish sites anyway), but I don't think Compass Club rooms are which is a shame as that's what we fancied next summer. It seems CC are included less and less in deals.

I think you'd have to ring up to find out. If you are happy in a standard room then they are currently available in your deal.

I'm also looking at booking at Newport Bay via the UK Site via the 2 nights free deal. At the moment, the price for 4 nights is 1,089 pounds (for 2 people). Does this mean, normally, this hotel goes for about 500 pounds per night? Does that seem correct?

I am one of the rare folks on this board who have stayed at all four resorts you mentioned in your post. I can assure your NB is nowhere close to the level of BC and SL is nowhere near the level of WL. The theme is similar but the maintenance, level of service, as well as overall resort feel are much more like a moderate resort (at best) at WDW except exorbitantly more expensive. Given the choice, I would stay at SL even if they were priced the same.

Michael, have you been to NPB since the comprehensive refurb and increase in official rating? I haven't myself, but wonder if this makes a difference. I agree the offerings are not like WDW resorts for reasons I don't want to start discussing here, but all the feedback I've read and seen about the NPB hotel since the change has been positive - in fact I don't think a single person has been negative about it.

I'm a WDW vet too (I have stayed at Wilderness Lodge), and I have one been to DLP once but I stayed at the Sequoia Lodge. I really enjoyed the Sequoia and it reminded me a little be of WL. I also stayed in the Montana building (but not the Golden forest or whatever it is they call the concierge level). The Montana building was really convenient, if I went to DLP again, which I hope to, Sequoia would be at the top of the list.

I'd recommend Golden Forest ajrwdwgirl - it isn't much more expensive and has some nice extras. We usually stay in the DLH but we stayed SQL GF a few Halloween's ago and really enjoyed it. It isn't WL, but then I don't think it's WL prices either!

I'd recommend Golden Forest ajrwdwgirl - it isn't much more expensive and has some nice extras. We usually stay in the DLH but we stayed SQL GF a few Halloween's ago and really enjoyed it. It isn't WL, but then I don't think it's WL prices either!

We thought about Golden Forest but we figured we wouldn't use its amenities much, and in the end we ended up with a Montana room with a big balcony. I wouldn't have traded away the balcony for anything. The balcony was a nice surprise, I didn't think the hotel had any.

We thought about Golden Forest but we figured we wouldn't use its amenities much, and in the end we ended up with a Montana room with a big balcony. I wouldn't have traded away the balcony for anything. The balcony was a nice surprise, I didn't think the hotel had any.

Can you tell me which room number?

I would love to have such a balcony too and perhaps I could ask for our next booking.

We're planning our first trip to Disneyland Paris in June 2017, and have already booked a Montana Room in Sequoia Lodge with the 2 days/2 nights free offer on the Irish website. However, now I'm wondering if we should switch to Newport Bay. The new, refurbished rooms at NB look wonderful! We are DW vets, and love both Wilderness Lodge and Beach Club, so theme at either would be great. Many of the comparison reviews online are pre-rehab at NB, so I would love some more updated thoughts. Thanks!!

Irish website?

Hotel New York at least used to have hot food items for breakfast right? Now that Newport Bay is in that price range post rehab has it improved its breakfast offerings? Does anyone know?

Last edited:
Ahh I see
I'm finding the prices outrageous? Am I missing something?

Remember the DLP prices include breakfast and park tickets for each day - including day of arrival and departure unlike the American hotel prices

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!