• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sequoia Lodge???

casiland

Disney Fanatic
Need input from anyone who has stayed here. We are looking at it for June stay and have heard a lot of mixed reviews. We don't require anything real fancy, just clean.

I've heard that they recently refurbished, so that might change some of the old bad reviews. Anyone stayed lately? Any help would be appreciated.

The main areas of the hotel are really nice. I know I found the bedroom we had a few years ago was a little run down, which was a disappointment. But from things I've read recently, I believe they are refurbishing. So if others can confirm that, it would definitely be a very good choice for your visit.

I stayed there last year and everything was fine. I'd heard it was a bit run down but I couldn't support that view from what I saw. The themeing was lovely and the walk through the hotel gardens first thing towards Lake Disney and the park was worthwhile. I will certainly stay there when I go next time

We stayed in January this year and had a great time. Our hotel room (Montana room in the main building) was nice and clean and the bathroom was very clean too.

I agree with Bexx.
The hotel is lovely but the rooms were a real let down.
I said I would never stay there again, but if they refurbish the rooms then I would.

I stayed in Febrauary 2004 in a Montana room (same room as the others just located in the main lodge).

The room was spotless and in need of no refurbishment :)

We stayed in a Montana room last month and it was fine. We would stay at the Sequoia Lodge again without any hesitation. The only problem that I've heard of that I can agree with is the long lines for breakfast. We avoided that problem, however, by choosing our breakfast slot for before 7:45 each morning.

From what I've read, I think the Montana rooms have recently been refurbished, and are all fine, but the ones that are further afield aren't so good.

It might be worth paying a bit extra for a Montana room :)

I just stayed for 5 nights in January at the SL and it was wonderful. Last year we were there for a week, and the room WAS a bit shabby but that did not bother us too much... But this year everything was refurbished and fresh - a pleasure. I can't imagine anyone not liking the SL - I feel it's the best hotel value-wise, among the Disney hotels. I LOVED the Disneyland Hotel, but that is a splurge, and even coming straight from Castle Club, we were perfectly comfortable and happy at the SL. Also I think they've completed the renovation so *all* the rooms are like new now!! (at least the Montana rooms as someone mentioned)
:) :flower: :)

Four of us stayed in a montana room and we found it fine. It was in February 2004 and was very busy. I would recommend an early breakfast if you are going at a peak time because from 8AM people will be queing out the doors and up the stairs to get in which can be a bit of a pain!

It doesn't look much from the outside but Sequoia Lodge is my favourite hotel so far out of Santa Fe and Newport Bay. The interior design of the 'outdoors' is brilliant and they have a real open log fire in the colder season which is really atmospheric.

Its also a real nice walk past the lake to the Disney parks. Even though it looks pretty close to Sequoia Lodge it takes at least an extra 10 minutes to get to the parks from Newport Bay hotel!

Have just returned from DLP and although we didnt stay in SL we noticed they were renovating the outside roofs etc. Fair bit of noise from the metal sheeting being taken down - all done in daylight hours though so nighttime would not be interrupted by the workers. We stayed last November and found the rooms fine. Stayed in Montana as preferred to be in main building rather than one of the outside sections.

Thank you all for the helpful tips for Sequoia Lodge. Dw and I are going in11 days :Pinkbounc :cheer2:
this is how life should be, everyone joining in and helping each other.
It's a pleasure to be here.

Berwyn pirate:

Orlando Easter2000 2 weeks international drive
DLRP easter2003 with DS no.2 5 days
DlRP 29th May 2005 5 days

You are bound to have a fantastic time. I hope you'll post your own comments about the hotel (and your trip!) here when you get back!

:wave2:

I don't hope, I demand a trippie ;)
Lets face it we all log on to see if there are any new reports :teeth:

Have a great time Berywn :wave:

Reid

Thank you Karen and Cyrano
We will let you all know how we got on, i can't promise as good a report as Mickey's Dreamers report from Sequioa Lodge in january but I'll do my best.

10 days to go and counting down :hourglass :moped:
No we're not going on a moped but we might have to if I can't get DW on to the plane at Manchester!! She hates that part.

Can anyone please explain about the lime green ribbons? Thanks

Berwyn

Orlando Easter 2000 International Drive 2 weeks
DLRP Easter 2003 5 days Disneyland Hotel
DLRP 29th May 2005 Sequoia Lodge (Just DW and me) 25th weddindg anniversary trip

Lime green is the DIS colour. So when DISers go to off to Disney on holiday, they might wear a lime green ribbon/Tshirt/or other item in the hope of being spotted by other DISers!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter