Sequoia

Thanks

When I look at the plan, the John Muir logde seems to be far

With your experience, we plan to be 2 nights in october. Which lodging do you think is the better choice if we doesnt think of comfort. We plan to reserve a cabin in yosemite.

Thanks

When I look at the plan, the John Muir logde seems to be far

With your experience, we plan to be 2 nights in october. Which lodging do you think is the better choice if we doesnt think of comfort. We plan to reserve a cabin in yosemite.

The last time I visited it was a cabin at Grant Grove and then camping on Forest Service land. The only way to stay in Sequoia National Park proper that's not camping is at Wuksachi Lodge. There used to be cabins at Giant Forest similar to the ones at Grant Grove Village, but those were removed in the 90s. Wuksachi Lodge was built to replace that lodging in a different area. Another option is that there's one small lodge in that section of Forest Service land between Grant Grove and Sequoia NP. It's called Montecito Sequoia Lodge. It's not going to be terribly cheap though.

https://www.mslodge.com

Basically that's going to be it unless you're willing to go camping. There's nothing else unless you're willing to go outside SEKI. There might be some vacation homes in Wilsonia (it's a small private land inholding) you can rent, but that's right there at Grant Grove. I'm sure you've seen the map, but here it is for reference:

SEKImap-360-degree-Panoramas-Icons.jpg

October? That's going to be cold. Possibly even light snow on the ground.

Wuksachi is by far the nicest lodging in the area if you're looking for traditional hotel-style rooms. I think John Muir Lodge is pretty nice. It's reasonably new. There are also cabin at Grant Grove Village, but they're rustic without their own bathrooms.

Also - I know it's technically considered two parks, but they're pretty much operated as a single national park. It's got one park superintendent and a single staff. Also - they manage it pretty closely with the Forest Service. I remember when I reported a bear sighting at one of the NPS visitor centers the guy who took my report was actually a Forest Service Ranger.

How far would be too far? There really aren't too many options because they want to limit the amount of lodging in the parks.

We stayed at the Wuksachi Lodge a couple of years ago. It’s no luxury resort but it was clean, comfortable and we were very happy with the accommodations there. The food at the restaurant was good and we really enjoyed the nighttime tour right at the lodge.

We stayed at the Wuksachi Lodge a couple of years ago. It’s no luxury resort but it was clean, comfortable and we were very happy with the accommodations there. The food at the restaurant was good and we really enjoyed the nighttime tour right at the lodge.

I understand that it's not like staying at the Ahwahnee Hotel, but there really isn't any lodging in the area nicer than that. All other options in the are are going to be even more basic - more motel style or rustic cabins without their own bathrooms. The cabins at Grant Grove Village aren't bad, but going to the bathroom means trudging outside to use a communal bathroom.

Great! something clean that's what we want and a bathroom!

I understand that it's not like staying at the Ahwahnee Hotel, but there really isn't any lodging in the area nicer than that. All other options in the are are going to be even more basic - more motel style or rustic cabins without their own bathrooms. The cabins at Grant Grove Village aren't bad, but going to the bathroom means trudging outside to use a communal bathroom.

On that same trip we stayed at the Ahwahnee one night and in Curry Village in a tent cabin for one night. I feel like we were really able to experience what the national parks have to offer. It easily was our best vacation ever.

Finally made the reservation 2 nights Wuksachi and 2 nigths Camp Curry Cabin cant wait for this trip

We stayed at Wuksachi 2 Octobers ago. It was super cold at night. Especially walking from the parking lot to your hotel room. Sequoia is beautiful. Hotel was just okay. Actually had a terrible experience with our room key never ever working and spending so much time getting it fixed and replacements. But the room was clean :) The breakfast buffet was pretty good, didn't care for the dinner too so much. Our cell phone sdidn't have service the whole time, which was really nice in a way to be disconnected for a change. There is not many places to eat, so I highly recommend taking some snacks, fruit, water, maybe sandwich things. But use the bear boxes and and don't leave anything in your car. Love Sequoia and can't wait to go back one day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!