Serial Pretrip reporter, back at it again! February 2019 PTR

The tat is coming along stunningly. :love:

Is the Week you are going also Presidents Day weekend? I only ask because I know A LOT of schools around here (ours included) not only have that Monday off but build in the winter conferences that week too. So a lot of Northern schools will use Feb as a break since the kids typically have 3 extra days off around a weekend. (they do the same in early October around Columbus Day).

Oh heck no! I wo hoo lent go around a holiday anyway because I have clients that go out of town, but I know this year people were saying Presidents Day was nearly as bad as Christmas. This is the week after The Princess, I think it's a week after Presidends Day week. Yep, just looked. PD is Monday the 18th, our first park day is the following Monday the 24th. Calling it close though! :scared:

Tentative Park days-

These are always subject to change so far out, but usually once I decide on a plan, I dont change too much. The biggest change will come if we cant get the right flight times. I plan on a park day Friday, March 1st before heading to the airport because if I buy our ticket from Undercovertourist, it's not only cheaper, but the 4 day ticket is the same as the 5. If we cant do the day of departure, we will have to squeeze some park time in arrival day.

You will notice we never stay at a park all day. We are what I would call commando hoppers. Lol. We like to get in early, knock out a ton of rides and head out mid day to rest & relax. Them we hop to a different park because I need constant new stimulation. :rolleyes:

SUN Feb 24th-
Arrival day! Hopeful for 11-12pm arrival
Check into Pop/lunch
DTD(leave me alone, I'm not ready to call it DS yet!)
Dinner at RFC as per tradition

MON Feb 25th
8am breakfast Crystal Palace
Rope Drop
Lunch possibly at BOG
resort /pool break
Hop to AK afternoon
Tusker House dinner
River of Light

TUES Feb 26th
Rope Drop Epcot
Via Napoli lunch
Resort break
Hop to MK for the evening

WED Feb 27th
Rope drop AK
lunch SATULI CANTEEN
Resort break
Hop to Epcot pm CS dinner world showcase(america&morroco)
Possibly Frozen Ever After dessert party

THURS Feb 28
Rope drop DHS
Sci-fi lunch
Resort
Dtd Dinner boma? Pop?
MK pm Disney After Hours if they have it this night!

FRI Mar 1(my dilema day)
Mk EMH or DHS? Decide on the fly? What would I do about FPs then?
unsure what this day will hold
Late Flight home

That last day I'm really unsure. We usually want to do MK last but if we do Disney After Hours thursday night, do we really need to go back to MK(which has emh that day)? We could do DTD but that seems a waste since we are getting this extra ticket from UT at no cost.

DHS because of TSL? I'm not sure since really they are just adding 2 rides. We very rarely do more than a few hours at DHS, it's our least favorite park. (I hear Ann's gasp) :rotfl2:

What would you do? Suggestions??

It seems really horrible to post without any photos, so here ya go...

WDWPrincesshalf00663.jpg

I am following along!!!

Our dates are Sunday, Feb. 24th- Friday, March 1st 2019!
I am planning a trip (hopefully) for early March next year. We have gone the last couple years early Feb but want to try and hit Flower & Garden this time.

That must have been so hard not knowing what was wrong! So glad to hear that you finally figured it all out!

We like to get in early, knock out a ton of rides and head out mid day to rest & relax. Them we hop to a different park because I need constant new stimulation. :rolleyes:
Ha! It's a good way to do the park, for sure.

Mk EMH or DHS? Decide on the fly? What would I do about FPs then?
We would def do Magic Kingdom! HS is still a one day park for us. Toy Storyland opening up will start to work towards making it a full day park again, but if it is already not your favorite park. I wouldn't do HS. But we also can easily spend 3 or 4 days at Magic Kingdom.

What about rent an EVC for your daughter? It might make her feel more in charge of where she is going, instead of being pushed around. WE spend one day in the park iwht my mom last year. And she has an adranaline diffeciancy and tires easily. I insisted she rent an EVC for the day and it REALLY helped her last a lot longer in the park than she would have walking everywhere.

I would suggest renting one at each park, it will makes getting to the park easier and she would feel less like an bother. Since my mom needed the EVC to concerve energy, we treated the the EVC like a stroller and parked it outside of most rides. She may still need it in the lines, but it might help to use it sometimes in line and sometimes not..

Just a suggestion. I hope you find a good solution for her. I would hate for her to be self conscious the whole trip.

I am following along!!!

I am planning a trip (hopefully) for early March next year. We have gone the last couple years early Feb but want to try and hit Flower & Garden this time.

That must have been so hard not knowing what was wrong! So glad to hear that you finally figured it all out!

Ha! It's a good way to do the park, for sure.

We would def do Magic Kingdom! HS is still a one day park for us. Toy Storyland opening up will start to work towards making it a full day park again, but if it is already not your favorite park. I wouldn't do HS. But we also can easily spend 3 or 4 days at Magic Kingdom.

What about rent an EVC for your daughter? It might make her feel more in charge of where she is going, instead of being pushed around. WE spend one day in the park iwht my mom last year. And she has an adranaline diffeciancy and tires easily. I insisted she rent an EVC for the day and it REALLY helped her last a lot longer in the park than she would have walking everywhere.

I would suggest renting one at each park, it will makes getting to the park easier and she would feel less like an bother. Since my mom needed the EVC to concerve energy, we treated the the EVC like a stroller and parked it outside of most rides. She may still need it in the lines, but it might help to use it sometimes in line and sometimes not..

Just a suggestion. I hope you find a good solution for her. I would hate for her to be self conscious the whole trip.

Welcome welcome!! :welcome:

Yeah, I honestly think the only reason I considered DHS is because I felt like I "should" want to spend more time there. I guess if we decide we want more time we will just wing it but I need a more solid plan for FPs that last morning. I wish it weren't emh at MK because we will have been there late the previous night!

433D3168-4089-4562-BCCC-B0DE8E964198.jpeg D51BF789-E13F-47F3-8056-9CC1B013886A.jpeg 6BBB8A5A-D6D0-464E-B836-2A30D3D76315.jpeg 005DEC1D-8FAD-46C3-A605-766E114A3846.jpeg Here are a few pics if my crazy Disney sleeve for you . I will find a few better ones and send them. Lol.

Attachments

• 1839C33F-A28C-4D2A-81B8-36448F97FDCA.jpeg
    1839C33F-A28C-4D2A-81B8-36448F97FDCA.jpeg
    48.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 94D15C29-80E0-473C-BB8F-99A2F2629470.jpeg
    94D15C29-80E0-473C-BB8F-99A2F2629470.jpeg
    60.6 KB · Views: 6
Just found this, hope it's ok that I follow along!

I'm sorry about your daughter, but it sounds like she's got a great attitude about it and doesn't let it slow her down. That's awesome!!

We're going to WDW in February, too! 2/5-2/9, then our first cruise ever (and of course it's Disney). Have only been to Disney once sadly. Back in 2009, we took our boys (who are now 20 and 18). Stayed at Port Orleans, and had an amazing time. Then our daughter came along years later, so back to Disney we go! :) Boys can't join us this time, sadly, so it'll just be 3 of us. 2 park days (MK and AK). Never made it to AK last time, so that will be a first for us! We're splurging this time and staying at Poly!! I hope it lives up to the hype lol!

Anyway, can't wait to get to learn more about your trip as you plan everything!!

Amy

I'm here!! Only my favorite Disney pusher could drag me bavk to the Dis. :crazy2: Dont know how much I'll be able to check in but fir now I'm all caught up! So much to comment on because you've already written a book. :hyper2:

First, happy and sad can sit at the sane table. Moments if sadness on your first trip since losing MA is inevitable. Have a margarita, slap on a British accent, and try to smile throgh the tears.

Next, my girl made the PTR. :lovestruc

Finally, speaking of my girl... she reminded me (and reading this confirmed) that we do Disney VERY differently. We're going to have to find some middle ground before 2019. :scared::rolleyes1

Okay, thats all ive got for now. I’ll try to be back before May 17. (Last day of school!!) :teacher:

Also, i know there are tons ifvtypos in there because im on my phone but it is what its. I'm nit messing with editing them. :rolleyes1

Just found this, hope it's ok that I follow along!

I'm sorry about your daughter, but it sounds like she's got a great attitude about it and doesn't let it slow her down. That's awesome!!

We're going to WDW in February, too! 2/5-2/9, then our first cruise ever (and of course it's Disney). Have only been to Disney once sadly. Back in 2009, we took our boys (who are now 20 and 18). Stayed at Port Orleans, and had an amazing time. Then our daughter came along years later, so back to Disney we go! :) Boys can't join us this time, sadly, so it'll just be 3 of us. 2 park days (MK and AK). Never made it to AK last time, so that will be a first for us! We're splurging this time and staying at Poly!! I hope it lives up to the hype lol!

Anyway, can't wait to get to learn more about your trip as you plan everything!!

Amy
Welcome Amy!! We went in early February a couple years ago and it was great! Low crowds! I've never done a cruise, Disney or otherwise, but they look magical! Poly looks fantastic too, you'll be so close to MK!!

I'm here!! Only my favorite Disney pusher could drag me bavk to the Dis. :crazy2: Dont know how much I'll be able to check in but fir now I'm all caught up! So much to comment on because you've already written a book. :hyper2:

First, happy and sad can sit at the sane table. Moments if sadness on your first trip since losing MA is inevitable. Have a margarita, slap on a British accent, and try to smile throgh the tears.

Next, my girl made the PTR. :lovestruc

Finally, speaking of my girl... she reminded me (and reading this confirmed) that we do Disney VERY differently. We're going to have to find some middle ground before 2019. :scared::rolleyes1

Okay, thats all ive got for now. I’ll try to be back before May 17. (Last day of school!!) :teacher:

You're such a good friend to find time to humor me! :lovestruc

I've already considered that we tour differently but I think it will work out well since Nicole's friend doesn't do coasters and likes wine...you and her can drink anytime Nicole and I hit a coaster! :rotfl2:

I really dont tour the same commando way when I'm there for a girls/running trip. I just hit favorites and spend a lot of time just taking pictures (and attempting to be a lush even though I cant hold my alcohol anymore) :laughing: it's a slower pace. I think if anything, they will be annoyed waiting for us while we're stopping every 2 seconds for photography! :rolleyes1

Oh and I read right thru the typos, I do the same thing on my phone! It's like o can read phone-typo as a new language. :rotfl:(see? I won't even fix that o.)

To AP or not to AP. THAT is the question. :teacher:

First off I would like to say how salty I am that when I do an update from my phone, it will allow me to make my font bold, but won't change the color no matter how many times I click on it. My rant for today. :rolleyes:

Soooo, I have never gotten an AP before because it never seemed like it would save me enough money in the long run. I've only ever done 2 trips in a year period and our trips are usually short.

But, this time I'm reconsidering. So I'm planning on the Feb 24th-March 1st, 2019 with my girl.

SmartSelect_20180415-082744_Facebook.jpg

Yes, I'm going to use photos galore in all my updates, do you know me? Now you do! :laughing:

That trip will be 5 park days. Even if I wanted to shorten it to 4, Undercovertourist gives you an extra day on the 4 day hopper, so it will be 5.

THEN, I've suddenly concocted a plan to run the Wine&Dine 10k with my Tweedle in Nov 2019

SmartSelect_20180415-082352_Gallery.jpg

10k because I really love Disney races but also because I've had too many knee issues since my last half marathon and I just dont think it's good for me to push my mileage that high.

Now what would make a trip like this even more fun? Having my BFF along as well! I literally have no photos of us without wine/alcohol in our hands, but I'm just a wannabe lush now because I cant drink without feeling ill! She will have to take one for the team and drink more on my behalf! Hope is my BFF, shes been to Disney with her family but we have never been together.
SmartSelect_20180415-082635_Facebook.jpg

Now this is where they suck you in, IF I got an AP, I think I might be around break even at the end of this trip, but rey and i haven't been anywhere alone together since 2012 when we went to Disney for 3 nights. What if we squeezed in a long weekend in Jan/Feb 2020? That would definitely pay for itself...well, except airfare, rooms, and ticket for rey. :rolleyes:

SmartSelect_20180415-082329_Gallery.jpg

SmartSelect_20180415-082312_Gallery.jpg

So help me contemplate and run some numbers...there are a few options.

Sav and I could just get 4(+extra day) hoppers at Undercovertourist for 458$ each. It's a savings over Disney about 50$. Then I would just do the same, get a 3 day hopper for the girls weekend and deal with a weekend with Rey, when/if it happened.

OR I could buy those tickets and when we ARRIVE at Disney, go to DTD and upgrade my ticket to an AP. It would save about 50$ to do that vs purchasing an AP through Disney online. Total is 905$ for an AP. It would be more like 850$ if i did the upgrade.

It would give us at least 10%(occasionally 20) off our meals to have the AP and the same on merch.

It would also give us a discount on Disney After Hours, which is normally 119$ each and AP I believe is 89$ each. To complicate it more, if i did the "upgrade from UT when i arrive" option, vs buying online with disney, i wouldn't actually get that discount when ordering the DAH tickets but would have to upgrade my AP when I arrive in Feb. and then they would refund me a gift card with the savings. That seems all to complicated and makes me want to just buy sav's ticket on UT and get an AP online through Disney.

I would then be able to get an AP rate on our room when reserving(would have the same issue of waiting to upgrade when we arrive) and be able to order the DAH tickets at the discounted rate, if i went straight through Disney. Oh and I would also get an AP magic band sent to me vs not getting one if I went the upgrade option. Worth 50$? I dont know because isn't the whole reason for getting it to save?? Sigh.

Are you able to keep up with all this? It's so hard to decide!!!

SmartSelect_20180415-081746_Chrome.jpg

So does anyone have any insight or suggestions? Part of me just wants to forget it and get just the tickets for this trip, but those discounts sound so nice!

Oh and just for my trip with Savannah, I calculated about 640$ in food. (Dining plan wasn't even close to worth it, 100+$ more) so the 10% right off the top in AP savings on food would be 64$. That doesn't include merch savings.

Argh!!! HELP!! :crazy2:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter