Serious question about dining reservations

Nox

Mouseketeer
In light of the announcement of a phased reopening beginning July 11... (assuming OCTF approves their reopening plan)

I did not see anything that specifically addressed Disney restaurants that are located in Disney resorts. Examples: V&A in Grand Floridian, California Grill in Contemporary, etc. All I saw was talk of the DVC resorts and not allowing new reservations.

I am already assuming that reopening July 11 means nothing - including resorts and their restaurants - will be opened until then, period. Is that a good assumption?

We have reservations for V&A on July 9, and I was so holding out hope to go, because otherwise this will be the third year we've had reservations and haven't been able to go - and to miss it by two days just has me dropping my head against my keyboard. But... I feel like I already know the answer is obviously they won't be open.

Just wondering if anyone else has ADRs before July 11, have you been notified they are canceled?

My trip is in Dec. and my dining reservations window opens next week ....NOW how can you do that if they wont allow you to make them?

The DVC resorts like villas at grand floridian are opening on June 22nd. Now we don't know if that means all the restaurants will be open or not. We also don't know when non-DVC resorts will open. We also don't even know if there are going to be changes to ADRs on july 11.

So since villas at grand floridian will be open there is a chance V&A will be too but way too early to know.

I’m in the same predicament— staying DVC 7/5-7/13. Will California Grill be open For my ADR on 7/7? Will Yachtsman be open 7/10? No idea.

I‘m just waiting until Disney announces.

Reactions: Nox

I‘m just waiting until Disney announces.

The downside to that for me is that it's for our anniversary, so I don't want to find out a week out that our reservation was cancelled and I didn't/don't have time to make other plans.

The downside to that for me is that it's for our anniversary, so I don't want to find out a week out that our reservation was cancelled and I didn't/don't have time to make other plans.
Looks like they’re cancelling all dining reservations may 28th

Attachments

• A655BD84-669D-4D3C-ADBB-E5730495940B.png
    A655BD84-669D-4D3C-ADBB-E5730495940B.png
    217.6 KB · Views: 9
Thank you. This is good to know. We had FP booking date coming up in a few days and didn’t know if we should bother.

Looks like they’re cancelling all dining reservations may 28th

Yeah, I recall seeing somewhere else something about "reservations from March 16, 2020 to the end of the closure period will be automatically refunded." I assumed the "end of the closure period" meant July 11. And while that was specifically addressing prepaid dining, I assumed all dining would be included.

Currently my reservation is still there, but I guess I'll expect to see it cancelled. Unfortunately, if it isn't for the actual day (July 9) I won't be interested in going, so having "priority" to rebook doesn't really help me. Hopefully it does others, though! I'm very sad, but there's always next year, and maybe by then things will be largely back to normal.

I should clarify, it was posted on another board without knowing if it’s legitimate or not. It’s not officially from Disney so who knows (?)

I would wait for official word on anything. In the meantime, I am reserving any ADRs that I can on “OpenTable” that are in Disney Springs thatI wanted just for some reassurance.

Well, this was just posted on a different board:
I cancelled my trip with free dining before the announcement being that we are from NY and the whole 14 day quarantine. I wonder if we could get the 35% discount 🤔

ETA: isn’t today may 28? Were reservations cancelled

Yeah, you’re right. Today is the 28th. I missed that.
Do you think this post/info is legitimate?

I cancelled my trip with free dining before the announcement being that we are from NY and the whole 14 day quarantine. I wonder if we could get the 35% discount 🤔

ETA: isn’t today may 28? Were reservations cancelled

I know currently, in MDE, my reservation is still present.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter