SERIOUS QUESTION: are crowds as bad as we make them out to be?

KellyHonos

DisneyDivaxo
I know the crowds are bad, let's not get that part twisted. I think we could all agree that we would be happy to see longer waits and less bodies in the parks, but the more I hear about this, the more I reflect on my last two trips and really think about how bad the crowds were...

Second to last time I went was for New Years Eve 2014 (12/31/13). Crowds were AWFUL...it was a sea of people every-fricken-where! I made a mental note to never, ever, ever going during the holidays again. Yes the park is decorated nicely, yes there's a holiday spirit in the air, but with that, there were so many people, I didn't even know what to do with myself...Magic Kingdom reached capacity on NYE near 10am. It was crazy.

But then I think of the last time I went, July 2016, and while it was still busy, I didn't feel as crammed or rushed or overwhelmed as I did that last time during the holidays. I couldn't tell if it was just my imagination or reality, but I didn't feel like the crowds were all that bad...

Is this because the holiday is a specific time where a lot of people have time off, versus the summer where kids are on break but not as big of a rush is coming all at the same time and the reservations are more spread out? What do you guys think?

I think the days are gone of Disney ever being "slow" (if it ever was) again, but I just kinda wanted to see your thoughts and opinions on crowd levels. Sometimes I think it's slightly sensationalized.

We went last year in the beginning of February and it didn't feel stuffed in. I think the entrances to AK and MK felt busy but once we got inside we didn't feel overwhelmed. If it was then it was usually do to a crabby kid, surprisingly the 5 yr old making a fuss not the 2 yr old - usually. To be fair we also left right at -around 11am - 12pm. We all needed a break after a few hours.

Crowds will always be a Disney thing but normally me and the wife go in April or may and have plenty of pictures both am and pm where Magic Kingdom was relatively empty granted the PM ones were on Wensday nights/Thursday Morning around 1am right before the Extra Magic Hours ended

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!