Seriously This Kinda Stuff Bothers Me

bama_ed

It's kind of fun to do the impossible-Walt Disney
With the Disney corporate calendar starting in October, they are going to do away with the Muppets' American History skits in MK's Liberty Square.

Say It Ain't So (Link)

I'm not kidding when I say I'm getting sick and tired of this stuff. They are charging us more and giving us less. I bet I could find some upper management fat in the budget to fund what is a funny yet important lesson in American history.

How about the literal million$ of dollar$ they flushed down the drain implementing FP. Anyone remember? Lots of managers lost their jobs because it was behind schedule and over budget.

I'm getting sick and tired of this "declining by degrees".

Little by little.

Drop by drop.

For years now.

We pay more.

And we get less.

Anyone remember the evening parade at MK? On regular operating nights? The ol' Main Street Electrical Parade? Sure it had been around for years and had been more than paid for. But then it was gone. Gone and not replaced.

I could go on and on and on and on. And on and on and on.

I'm committed to my October 2020 visit but after that I may take a hiatus. Not that I can't afford a Fort/WDW vacation - but I know I'm getting ripped off more and more with fewer Cast Members, longer lines, shorter operating hours, less quality in dining, and more fleece-the-guest pay-for-play opportunities.

Firing Kermit and Piggy and Sam the Eagle and Gonzo really has pissed me off.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Bama Ed

PS - a WDW vacation with ADR windows, FP windows, flex tix pricing, and lower customer service levels is not an easy going, come-what-may, low-stress vacation. It's become a bigger hassle than it's worth.

PPS - yeah, yeah, somebody else will

- book the campsite I would have booked,
- buy the theme park ticket I would have bought,
- pay for the crappy food I would have paid for,
- and be treated like cattle for the same ol' France movie that's been there since opening day.

but somewhere I'll be smiling because it won't be me.

Last edited:
You are correct!!
BUT we now have toy story land, SWGE, Coming is the Tron coaster, ratatouille, Mary Poppins, and the other coaster coming to EPCOT. But also being a VET I think we don't need to loose the American History skit.

You are correct!!
BUT we now have toy story land, SWGE, Coming is the Tron coaster, ratatouille, Mary Poppins, and the other coaster coming to EPCOT. But also being a VET I think we don't need to loose the American History skit.

I think the fact that millions are being spent on those and yet they only save thousands(assumption) by removing the small things that make Disney Disney makes it even worse. They’re stripping the Walt right out of the Disney.

You are correct!

Of course I am.

BUT we now have toy story land

Believe me when I honestly say that I could care less. Cute movies but the land doesn't interest me in the least.

BUT we now have ..... SWGE

One ride. That crowds aren't flocking to. And a second ride due in a few months. For movies that have been lame for 30 years. The original 1977 SW is still the best movie. As a movie.

Coming is the Tron coaster

Some of us are old enough to remember the original Tron movie. Another indoor roller coaster? Been there done that.

ratatouille

A ride based on an eggplant dish? I like the movie but .....

giphy.gif

Mary Poppins

One redeeming point you've made. I would love to be able to walk down a pseudo-real Cherry Tree Lane. The MP2 movie last year was, I thought, special and true to the original (other than the Meryll Streep clip that made no sense and was never closed out in the end). Sometime in the next decade I might check it out.

and the other coaster coming to EPCOT.

Another indoor roller coaster? See my comments above. WDW is becoming Cedar Point before our eyes.

It's a shame the Fort has to be a part of all this. As a destination unto itself, the Fort is still something special as a resort to me. I can choose to travel at more/less expensive times and/or book more/less expensive loops. Because I can. Fort Wilderness next to the Gulf of Mexico on a beach somewhere could charge hundreds of dollars a night more (and get it).

Bama Ed

Last edited:

I think the fact that millions are being spent on those and yet they only save thousands(assumption) by removing the small things that make Disney Disney makes it even worse. They’re stripping the Walt right out of the Disney.

Yes to this. I agree.

The new plans for Epcot (the last major contribution from Walt) takes him all the way out the door. The original Epcot purpose/names/attractions/themes/music were unique and still Walt-related. Now it will be just another theme park with waiters/waitresses who have accents.

Bama Ed

I do agree. I've already had this discussion with DW way back in May when we booked the Dismeet. I already told her we will intend to try at least one full day at US, if not two. This being because we will likely be a few years before we are back. I'm mainly going to meet old and new friends.

I can go out West and even northeast and see some great things for less money. Bigger crowds mean longer lines and costing more money.

NOW, that skit with the Muppets was funny. Of the things to save money, I could of easily come up with better ways to save. The only other reason I could think of for cancelling is if it was causing congestion with the crowds trying to get in or out of the hub. Depressing.

I remember the first time our youngest was at Disney, and I showed her the key underneath the mat at the Muppets. The talking trashcan. The captain who let her steer the boat across the lagoon as we were going back to the hotel for the night. Getting to ride with the pilot on the monorail. Taking pictures on the big ant at the playground and on the Star Wars racer, and for every other visit, until the ant was gone, and the racer was covered up on our last visit. You get it. Every visit there are less and less of the things that make Disney special to us.
We still enjoy Disney, but we have discovered all of the other unique things to do in the United States, using our camper, often at a fraction of the cost. Because of this, we only do Disney every five years or so.

They just announce they were increasing prices for all the desert parties surrounding HEA.

@bama_ed , I agree, we will be doing Oct 2020 to see everyone. I am also in agreement that this maybe our last trip for awhile. Again, not that we can't afford to, but the VALUE just does not seem to be there. I would love to do a Christmas trip and see the park decorated for it, but looks like this years trip will be cancelled due to vacation constraints of the new job.
I have not been to US since a trip in 1996, but that maybe in our future, especially since they lowered prices.

I am an older father and this October trip will be our 3rd visit in a little more than 3 years. I have an almost 4 year old son and we are lucky to have the means to go just about anytime we want, job constraints of course. I grew up in the central Florida area and really enjoy Disney but we also want to see and do other theme parks and attractions. We already have a cruise planned for this time next year but no theme parks.

Oh, no, not the Muppet's skit! They have already lost two planned trips for 2020 from dh & I, plus APs for both of us. We will still plan for our scheduled April trip, but have already said no to APs plus the two other trips we were planning in 2020. Yes, we can afford it, but we're getting so frustrated with money grubbing Disney that we'd rather spend it elsewhere.
We will still take plenty trips each year, but it won't be to Disney. Constantly new hard ticketed events that take away our park hours that we are already paying big $'s for, etc. etc. etc. but raise those prices on everything and give much less in return. :(

Considering we only make it every 5-10 years there, I feel your pain as a frequent traveler. Yes we are hitting US for 2 days while we are there for the Dismeet, we like HP so have to see the updates since we went last in 2012. Back to Disney, I hate the new ticket structure, having to use 6 day tickets in allotted time, since we come from quite a ways away, we like a little space between days at the park. Can't do that anymore unless we want to spend the extremely higher price of anytime tickets. If you are close enough to go often, I feel your pain.

Im going for my daughter, yea its not the same as i remember it, but i will not denie her the memories because im mad. I still miss mr toads wild ride, 20000 leauges under the sea and the other stuff that is long gone. I get that some stuff needs updateing. But i think they can just add stuff , as they are sellung more and more tickets, breaking up the day into 2 paid slots with parties etc.

Ed, the ellectric light parade was the best when i was a youngin. Probubly the only thing i remembered from my first time there.

On the other side of this, the only theme park we have close to us is Worlds of fun, 3 1/2 hours away. I just checked the website about the halloween parties they have, I can get a exclusive ticket ONLINE for $130.77 pp tax included. That includes, admission, parking, ONE time through the 8 extreme haunts, and a meal, (pizza is about the best it gets there) It shows gate price at $173.99. So in reality, to us, we are not big coaster/thrill riders it's a no go. We can spend 6 days in Disney for around $70 a day. I wish they weren't taking some things away, really liked 20,000 leagues, kitchen caberet, but every time we go, they have added something we haven't saw before. Hopefully this trip, we will be able to ride FOP.

As far as the movie goes, meh. That being said Avatar land is kinda cool and FOP is awesome!

We were down last July with DS and family, loved Avatar land, just didn't want to wait in line for a hour to ride. Couldn't get a FP so we decided we would wait until the Oct 2020 trip to ride.

I agree with you ED. For me, it all started with fast pass. I can no longer leisurely walk around the parks and get on rides with a reasonable wait time. It turns into a regimen, not a vacation. And now, you have to purchase multiple day tickets with expiration dates 14 day out. Not for me. The fort is where my enjoyment lies. We currently have reservations for 2020. We will see how Reflections changes our experience. If only they would build something similar to Geyser Point, for us, they would earn back some of the points they have lost over time.

And now the Muppets are forced to sell insurance with new Farmers Insurance Commercial previewed before Dream Big Princess Tangled yesterday at
AMC Disney Springs

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!