service dogs in the parks

MrsCobraBubbles

Life's too short to wear pants all the time
Why/how would you need to have or train 3 dogs at a time? I wonder if that's the real issue, and maybe one dog would've been fine?

On a side note, after reading the article, I would love to see a service mini horse! I didn't know there was such a thing.

Why/how would you need to have or train 3 dogs at a time? I wonder if that's the real issue, and maybe one dog would've been fine?

On a side note, after reading the article, I would love to see a service mini horse! I didn't know there was such a thing.

I've seen people bring several service dogs into Epcot at a time to be trained.

Dogs in training are not considered service animals under Americans with Disabilities Act guidance, at least at the federal level:

Q6. Are service-animals-in-training considered service animals under the ADA?
A
. No. Under the ADA, the dog must already be trained before it can be taken into public places. However, some State or local laws cover animals that are still in training.

https://www.ada.gov/regs2010/service_animal_qa.html

She is at the parks a lot! We go once a year and see her often! Usually with at least 3 large dogs at a time. They are are well behaved but not service dog well behaved. They are always very well dressed and decorated. Very annoying though. She lets them sit on the seats of the monorail and talks to them like they are children. I've never noticed any training or attempts to modify their behavior if they misbehave, so I'm doubting that they are getting very much training during their visits...just lots of showtime.

Sorry, but I can't help wonder where does she have them do their "business" ? :crazy2:

Each park has a dog potty area.. In MK it's by the back walkway from the Barnstormer, past those kiddie car tracks to Space Mountain.

I don't see why you need to have three dogs in the parks at a time. One at a time should be sufficient. I'm curious just how long these three dogs have been "in training"? This stems back to an issue in Feb 2017, and obviously she's been at the parks prior to that, so how long is their training program? Or is she just using that as a way to get her dogs into the parks with no intention of having them complete her/their training? Besides, if she needed them for medical reasons wouldn't they have completed training before coming to her?

I'm unsure as to why you think she's a fake.
Because I apprenticed for a dog trainer for several years (from when I was 15 through about 18/19, so admittedly it has been a while) and I've never heard of one handler training 3 large service dogs in public all at once. She only has 2 hands to bring 2 dogs to heel at one time. At one point the dogs are called service animals, but at another part of the article she is quoted as saying that they are being trained as service animals. Plus, with the way they are all decorated it seems like she just wants to show off her dogs. People with service animals will sometimes do stuff to make their animals look more friendly, but you don't want your service animal to look like a big, colorful showpiece--especially in a place like Disney where there will be lots of children around--because that's like inviting people to touch and distract your service animal. Those poodles, with their hair styled like colorful cotton candy, are begging to be touched. The whole thing seems off to me.

The service dogs I’ve only seen in public are labeled I’m in training or working please don’t touch the service dog. I’ve never seen a group of service dogs or training service dogs with only 1 handler in all my years. Haven’t seen staged pic poses with them either.

As a park goer or even in public. I’m intimidated by dogs. I always go out of my to avoid dogs.

We're pretty sure we encountered her one day in Epcot. I missed taking pics of the couple of poodles that had dyed fur that were part of this poodle menagerie, but the staff outside of Chefs was overwhelmed with poodles. Obviously, there are 4 in the pictures below, but I think we counted 6 total. We asked around and it had nothing to do with the French pavilion in the WS, so I can only assume it was guest related. I know standard poodles can be good service dogs, since they really are just retrievers and are part of the foundation of several of the popular retrieving breeds, but this seemed excessive and it seems very bizarre to have service dogs outside with CMs...especially this many.

28615991575_0d59cdfc6f_z.jpg

28331333500_cf5e8ed4b8_z.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter