Set to arrive on the morning of June 20.

GizmoDogg

Earning My Ears
We had scheduled to fly in at MCO early enough so that we can spend the day at the pool at Poly before our room becomes available. But from the looks of the 10-day weather forecast, it's expecting to rain on our vacation. Instead of the pool, is there anything else we can do to pass our time?

I'm not letting some rain ruin the rest of our vacation, I'm adjusting some plans for it, as well as packing ponchos for when we visit the parks. But for the couple of days we're scheduled to just relax and swim at the resort, I might need to think of other fun things to do in case the pool area is closed.

What do you guys and gals do on rainy days?

One of the fun things to do on a rainy day, and not particularly well known, is to attend the free hula class held in the Poly's lobby. Unfortunately, the weekday lessons are usually in the afternoon. Weekend lessons are in the mornings.

Go to the parks, anyway (unless it's lightning or raining very heavily). Rain tends to thin the crowds quickly, so wait times are a lot less than "normal". Might even be able to get some FP+ reservations you couldn't get before arrival. Just invest in some decent rain parkas and wait out anything a little heavier in one of the many indoor shows. Make an ADR at a restaurant you haven't tried for lunch - less expensive and still lots of fun.

Don't let a rain forecast get in the way of your plans. Summer time they ALWAYS post thunderstorms in the WDW area. I might rain at EPCOT but not at AK...so just go with the original plans and if you do get rain at the Poly, it typically only lasts a half hour or so. Have a great trip.

It the rainy season. It may rain every day, but usually only for a short time. Unless there is a tropical storm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter