Seven Months Working in the Place of My Dreams! A DCP PTR (SA 2013) UPDATE 10/18

Hello again, folks! This entry will be a bit shorter than the others, mostly because I have an extra-long Vlog episode to post this time (in which I talk about my favorite things at Disney, especially food). If you're interested in viewing this, here ya go:

MsFrazzledFro's DCP Vlog - Episode Two

Now, this post is mostly about what I'm going to do for schooling while on the program. I have a super-demanding major (photography) and a super-demanding minor (theatre) so even being able to go on the program at all is pretty amazing. Also, I have a scholarship that requires me to remain at full-time enrollment at all times.

So, how does one solve this problem? ONLINE CLASSES! Luckily for me, I still have quite a few general education class and business classes that are available online. I register for classes this Monday, then have a meeting with my advisor next Monday to make sure everything goes smoothly. I might even see if my department chair will allow me to do a special project while I'm there for credit!

In terms of other planning... I have a flight booked now! I'm flying out of my hometown on the 6th of January at about 11 in the morning and arriving in Orlando at about 5:30 in the afternoon. Those of my roommates who are flying in and I are talking about splitting cab fare to get from the airport to our hotel (which is still in the process of being booked). I'm excited - I LOVE flying and I get to ride the "monorail" at the airport when I arrive! I'm mostly worried about getting lost though - I've never flown anywhere by myself.

NEXT POST: Chapter Four - My Friends React to Me on the DCP

Hi!!!!!! I'm Deva (pronounced day-va) and I'm 20! I just applied for the Spring Advantage 2013 DCP!!!! I'm still waiting to find out if I got accepted or not, but I am SO EXCITED!!!! My DCP report's in my siggy if you wanna read along!!!! I work at Kiddie Kandids as a photographer, and I LOVE photography!

Hi!!!!!! I'm Deva (pronounced day-va) and I'm 20! I just applied for the Spring Advantage 2013 DCP!!!! I'm still waiting to find out if I got accepted or not, but I am SO EXCITED!!!! My DCP report's in my siggy if you wanna read along!!!! I work at Kiddie Kandids as a photographer, and I LOVE photography!

Best of luck to you! What are your top roles?

I GOT ACCEPTED!!!!! I got Spring Advantage 2013 for costuming!!!!!!!!!

Yay! Congrats! Maybe I'll see you down on the program :)

To be honest, costuming is one of those roles I've been really interested in. You'll have to tell me how it goes!

ADVANTAGE UNITE! (dorky, I know)​

I wasn't going to update until this weekend... but I'm at my college's Fencing Club practice (which I am vice president of) so I thought it would be the perfect time to write about my friends! Especially since the people here are among my favorite people at school. I even took a crappy webcam photo for the occasion:

536439_10151212585082158_1963633685_n.jpg

Look at how insanely bulky that lens is! Good thing I don't shoot with it that often, I'd hate lugging it around :rotfl:

Anyway, a sort of issue I've run into with telling people about the DCP is how my friends usually react. It's not that they're not happy for me - some of my friends are FLOORED that I'm going - but more that they're afraid I'm leaving them forever. Even though I've told them I'll be back for school come next fall. Sigh. lol

Another issue is that since I'm so far along in school, a good deal of my friends are graduating from college soon. Most are graduating next spring, in fact. Which, of course, is when I'll be in Florida.

What a dilemma, eh?

I'm making it work. Some of my friends have already said that they'll come visit if they can over the summer or their Spring Break, so that'll be exciting if they do!

Lastly, as I've said before I'm the vice president of the Fencing Club here (or as we affectionately call it, "our fencing family"). We're an insane, inappropriate, weird bunch so have dance parties in the middle of practice sometimes and are REALLY close. In fact, the president is probably one of my best friends here in college. It'll really suck leaving them, especially since I know the club really needs my help to run the way we all want it to run.

But I digress! My next vlog is going to be over this bunch of folks anyway, so you'll hear more later ;) Let me talk about the people who you'll definitely be hearing more about later on when I actually start the DCP.

225694_10150273149547158_4933272_n.jpg

Remember how I said I have three best friends who are like family to me? Well... this is them! We've been friends since high school and I know that if there was anyone I'd rather have around me at a given time, it's any one of them.

First, on the left, we have lovely Lindsey. Linz is the weirdo of our bunch - she'll come up with the strangest things to say while we're all hanging out and will sometimes wear bizarre things. She's who I jokingly call my "Facebook wife" because I probably see and talk to her the most nowadays since she's going to school back home. She's also a ballet dancer.

Secondly, we have my British babe Alicia. I call her that not because she's from the UK but because she's currently going to university there! She's been visiting Ireland, Scotland and England since she was young and is a big fan of the culture. She's the one who got me hooked on watching Doctor Who about four years ago (which is now one of my favorite TV shows to watch) and has also let me try Cadbury chocolate, which we don't really have here. She's also an amazing Irish dancer.

On the right we have my beautiful dancer friend, Ally. I've been friends with Ally the longest - we became friends right after we started high school. Ally and I are the most extroverted out of our foursome, and we probably have the most in common as well. She's my favorite companion when I go to the mall (I love shopping, just so you know) and we like to complain about boys and people we have problems with all the time. Ally's currently studying dance in California, and she seems to favor contemporary the most.

So why am I telling you all this? Well... Alicia's thinking of coming to visit me while I'm working this summer! And she's going to try and drag Linz and Ally along with her! I'll be so majorly excited - Linz has never been to WDW before and it's been a while for Ally and Alicia, so I'd love to take them around and (re)introduce them to all the Disney goodness it has!

Anyway, this post is a good length now - and I've babbled enough about my friends! I'll be updating again in a couple of days to mark one month since my acceptance and talk about more DCP-related things, so stay tuned!

NEXT POST - Chapter Five: First Month Report, With Fun News!

Yay! Congrats! Maybe I'll see you down on the program :)

To be honest, costuming is one of those roles I've been really interested in. You'll have to tell me how it goes!

ADVANTAGE UNITE! (dorky, I know)​

Thanks!! Maybe you will :) Have you picked your arrival date yet? Mine's Jan 7th! I will!

Hi, I hope you come back and update. I know CM's are not suppose to talk to much about what they do on an open Forum, but I hope you can come on and say Hi.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter