Several Universal questions

DMLAINI

DIS Veteran
I'm going to Universal in June & I haven't been there in 20 yrs. so any tips would be great. We're staying at Royal Pacific. How do you know which park has early entry every day? I'm not seeing a schedule like Disney. Can you carry your things through the FJ line if you're not riding? Do people jump out at you in the Kong Express line? I needed a good breakfast recommendation for check out day (a buffet/character breakfast would be great). Thank you!

The park for EE will be posted in your hotel lobby on a sign. It has remained the same park for the length of our trips over the past few years. We stayed 10 days last year and it was IOA the entire week.

Check out the uo website and look at the park maps

Will help you see what all is in the parks and their locations

For meals, take a look at the food/ menu sticky

Many of the stickies in this forum and the hotel forum will be beneficial for you to look through

You will find answers to questions you did not know you had

Hi on the Universal site for the park hours you will scroll towards the bottom of the page and there will be an early admission link. However, they usually don't come out till about a month before. It could be either park or both depending on the time of year. When we went this summer is was suppose to be one park but they changed it last minute due to construction. You can put something together but it could change.

Hi yes you can carry stuff through the line for FJ ,there are a couple of rides that you have to put everything in the locker (Hulk and Rip Ride Rocket are two of them).

I know the regular line for Kong has people dressed up and jump out at times. We have always used the express line and never have had anyone. I believe someone had said that they don't.

We don't do breakfast buffets anymore but I do know that RPR has a nice buffet breakfast there and it may be character not sure. I would check out the stickies that Macraven has suggested and also the RPR thread on the resorts board. There is lots of information and peeps are always happy to help.

My biggest tip is even though you have express pass and really don't need early entry, I would at least once or twice for the HP worlds. The HP worlds get very crowded especially that time of year. It is a different experience not battling crowds to see it. I would make sure to take the Hogwart's Express both ways it is different each way.

I hope you enjoy planning and feel free to ask anything else:thumbsup2

To piggyback on Bobbie68 post, there is one employee that works the regular line at Kong

That person would be the one that startles line guests

It is not always done and when it is in place, you can tell the TM in advance, you want to avoid this scare interaction

Also, rpr, hrh and PBH hotels have character meals

You order off the menu and characters are present on specific days

I did the breakfast buffet twice at rpr in October but no characters were present
Not sure if they pulled it that month

All the hotels can give you the info of character meals once you are at UO

It is open to the public and not exclusively for hotel guests

Can you carry your things through the FJ line if you're not riding?

I've never tried but the last few times I have rode FJ, there was a TM at the entrance between the lockers and the start of the queue checking people for bags and sending them to the lockers. I suppose you could tell the TM you aren't riding and they may let you through.

Do people jump out at you in the Kong Express line?

We have never had anyone jump out at us in the Kong express line.

I needed a good breakfast recommendation for check out day (a buffet/character breakfast would be great)

Islands Dining Room right at RPR has a good one.

I used the Disneyland version of this guidebook for my first trip to Disneyland and it was fantastic. I highly reccomend it. I'm buying my own copy for a Universal Orlando trip next year.
The Unofficial Guide to Universal Orlando 2019 (Unofficial Guides) by Seth Kubersky

https://smile.amazon.com/Unofficial...2&keywords=unofficial+guide+universal+orlando

I love the Unofficial Guide people! I can typically pick up a copy at the library (or download it to my Kindle) if the trip is a few months into the year.

There are no 'boo holes' in the Kong express line. The EP line is essentially a black hallway.

My dh walked through the FJ line with us carrying our stuff and just told attendants along the way that he wouldn't be riding. They told him when to duck out before the loading area.
On our last trip, one of our adult daughters didn't want to ride. She walked the queue with us and we all carried our bags. We did the same - just told each TM we saw that she wasn't riding.

Eventually, we got to the TMs that pulled her aside. We handed her all the bags and the TM directed her through a door that took her to the Child Swap area to wait for us. It's not a problem at all; they do it all the time.

Here is the link to the Early Park details. https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/early-park-admission/index.html Unfortunately, they don't announce things very far in advance.

The only character breakfast I know of is the Minions one at Royal Pacific. It's only on Saturdays: https://www.universalorlando.com/we...icable-me-character-breakfast-lrpr/index.html

Never done it, so I can't provide any details. It used to be in the conference space but when the Emeril restaurant closed, they moved it there. I have to think, at some point, they will put a new restaurant in so this might move again. Best to check with Universal on that one.

I suppose you could tell the TM you aren't riding and they may let you through.

That’s exactly what you do and they will let you on through. There’s no chance the seating TM would allow the items on, so it’s not an issue. The non rider will be directed to the exit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter